Here's to NASCAR.

Caliber308

I'll agree they need to change the name, as the cars don't use any of the same parts as the road cars. Of course, no motorsports out there is all stock anymore anyway, so other than the name, it's no different than how other motorsports set up their vehicles.

The race yesterday was pretty exciting. I was pretty anxious for them to finally run it, but when they did it was worth the wait.

I saw a lot of anti-NASCAR stuff on Facebook and such yesterday, and it made me giggle. You haters do realize that it's people talking about NASCAR that helps them gain popularity, so all the negative talk you're doing is making NASCAR stronger and lowering the chances of your favorite motorsport taking it's place.

It's one of those deals where any media attention is good attention.

Cal and BC, please take it to PMs.

Not wanting to seem like I'm taking sides in this discussion .

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9662/brittandjimmy.jpg

My wife and the car Kyle Busch drives:

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2113/029uw.jpg

Jimmy, you already did with your response. Look. I stated that the drivers that I heard from were happy with the current car and type of racing it produced. That was over a week ago. Today I see nothing different from the drivers comments to change my mind. It is back to old school pack racing again....GOOD. No two drivers hooked up together can dominate the race anymore. Racing to me is one car racing against 42 other cars, not two cars hooked together racing against two other cars hooked together. Nascar got it right in limiting the amount of time that two cars can stay hooked up together by changes to the cars. The fans love it, the drivers love it, most responders to this post love it and the ruling body of NASCAR loves it. The only person I have heard from here, or on T.V. that doesn't like it is BC99 (Maybe that is because he has to fix the cars when they CRASH ;) ) So, who is right, and who is wrong? The Fans,Drivers, Race teams, the ruling body of NASCAR or BC99. The membership on SQC is more that capable to decide that for themselves.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Cal,

It is a fan's sport for sure. Fans like wrecks and tight racing. Daytona gave us limited 2-car drafts with a lot of pack racing and a lot of torn up cars, not to mention a Drier Truck going up in flames. Very exciting for the fans and good for the sport.

The flip side is that it costs a team a lot of money to wreck a car, especially when the design and performance is mandated by nascar to ensure the type of racing that is conducive of wrecking cars. I've heard in person and watched videos of drivers and teams that are not happy with the way nascar is ran. They have to be careful of recorded video making it to nascar that may cause them to be fined or points taken away for bad-mouthing the ruling body. On SQC we just ban/suspend people for violation of policy, NASCAR takes money and points for it. That is probably the biggest reason teams are not as outspoken as they were back in the day.

I will say that NASCAR racing for the last week in Daytona has been exciting and I'm looking forward to the season.

I will say that NASCAR racing for the last week in Daytona has been exciting and I'm looking forward to the season.

As am I. That was the jest of me starting this post. More exciting racing for a change.

Bill

My only worry is that if the wrecking continues at this pace, some teams will not make it financially to the end of the season.

Jimmy

That is a part of being a car owner in this sport ;)

Bill

That is a part of being a car owner in this sport ;)

Bill

Yeah, but it could lead to less teams at the end of the season. I'd hate to see the last race of the season only field 38 cars rather than 43 due to lack of money to continue. Some may argue that others go home every weekend after failing to qualify so the 43 cars will always be there, but at what expense? Lower quality racing, dumb rookie mistakes, the "big" money teams dominating everything. I ask myself, is it worth it to take nascar to that level?

Jimmy

Jimmy, I appreciate what you said, and that is exactly the point I have made several times throughout this post, but unfortunately Bill cant seem to understand that point. Dont waste your time trying to explain it any further because he still wont get it. You know that as well as everyone else on this site that Bill has ever disagreed with. So, just let this useless post die, Bill can think what "He" wants to, and I will stick with knowing the truth.

BC_99