How can I do this mod??

Look at the headlights, I know they normally go all the way up, and i know people buy the controller to make them "peek" or so to say. How do you make them peek like this while making that the max height? because if you notice, that's the actual size of the lights. I love how that supra looks :wub:

Making the min ground to lamp height is one thing, but If I remember correctly, there is a min height of the lamp itself as well...........I wonder if they are NSX replacements. The NSX was built with the smallest lamps they could legaly use.

i dont think you all fully understand whats going on with that supra. Most people leave the stock bulbs inside, so the bulbs are pretty much half covered. This one has the lights to the size its going up. they are thin lights. And yeah, kinda like the NSX.

Oh and about legalities....who cares? lol. Im in Miami, where people think its cool to drive at night with the side marker lights only and cops dont care. Seriously though, you have people doing the wildest things to their cars, hell my brother and I drove 5 miles to the exhaust shop after installing new long tubes, cam, heads, intake, carb, in his 71 mustang, and that monster roared like no other. Passed at least 2 cops, looked at us, and nothing lol.

There's an height adjustment knob on the headlight motors. Turn the knob to the desired height then unplug the motor. Be sure to wrap the connectors really good so if you ever want to go back to stock the electrical connectors aren't all corroded.

you would have to redo the 4 arms on the headlight assembly (2 on the motor and 2 off the headlight housing)

The tricky part is that the 2 per headlight, those 2 are not the same, they pivot off different point on the housing. v8starion did it, but he's been MIA for a couple years now.

you would have to redo the 4 arms on the headlight assembly (2 on the motor and 2 off the headlight housing)

The tricky part is that the 2 per headlight, those 2 are not the same, they pivot off different point on the housing. v8starion did it, but he's been MIA for a couple years now.

This would be the only way to do it right, but you will have to fabricate each arm for each light differently, and then duplicate that perfectly on the other side. If you don't make them all match properly you will either have lights that don't go up/down uniformally, or you will have one light that sticks up slightly higher than the other.

Of course, you'll need a different light in there that is smaller and can be angled to have the light beam hit the road at the right angle.

You guys are over thinking it. Just wire up a toggle switch to the pop up fuse. :)

Chad-

That would work fine, but it sounds like the OP wants it to be a more permanant mod that is works consistantly the same and a more professional solution.....

i dont think you all fully understand whats going on with that supra. Most people leave the stock bulbs inside, so the bulbs are pretty much half covered. This one has the lights to the size its going up. they are thin lights. And yeah, kinda like the NSX.

I think he just wants to be able to hit the button, have them open half the height of normal, but have slimmer lights that will illuminate the street at a similar angle to the stock lamp.

Your headlight would then be pointing down. IMO, its about the gheyest mod you can do to these cars ;)

X100000000000

He asked how to do it the proper way, not ask what your opinions of the mod were. it would be one thing if this were the BS section, but it's not. I expect to see this sort of thing from some members, but not you two.