Techboy's 88 Conquest Engine Rebuild and Engine Bay Makeover

techboy

I actually have thought about that b/c I have a spare 6-bolt 4G63 in my garage right now. The problem it's a wideblock 6-bolt and to retain the starquest trans you need a narrowblock 4G63. There are some other options though that I've done some cursory reading on. My eventual plan was to build that 6-bolt and drop it in my Eclipse ... but it might just end up in a Quest someday. Who knows .....

You've got that around the wrong way, the wideblock 4g63 will bolt directly to the Starion KM132 trans, the narrowblock will not.

x3 on the wideblock.

You guys are correct, it's been a while since I did any reading on the Project 0 G website, but I remember thinking I had the wrong stuff to do a swap. So, I just revisited that site and freshened up my memory. You guys are correct, my 6 bolt is a narrow, (not a wide), and I need a wideblock if I want to mate directly to my Starion transmission. Thanks for the correction.

• 1 year later...

I realized tonight I never really put up a "finished" pic of the car in all it's glory. This shot is from a local car show this past summer. She doesn't have the sexiest of bodies (some rust issues), but she still draws plenty of crowd and is quite the conversation piece. I'm sure you guys have found this too, but if I take this thing to a show it's hard to get around and look at the other cars b/c everybody wants to talk to you and tell you how they haven't seen one of these in "years". :lol:

http://imageshack.com/a/img631/4281/ZitwbF.jpg

Lol ... I'm not a fan of them either. Actually I hate them. I looked into having them removed but the body guy told me unless I was going to invest in this car it wouldn't be worth the cost. As of right now my goal is to work on my starion which is a much more solid car.

Lol ... I'm not a fan of them either. Actually I hate them. I looked into having them removed but the body guy told me unless I was going to invest in this car it wouldn't be worth the cost. As of right now my goal is to work on my starion which is a much more solid car.