Fuel pump?

Wally Walt

Ok i had my car finally started to the point were it stayed running. let it run for a minute then shut it down so i could add power steering fluid because it had none in it. Then when i tried to start it again to go for a test drive it wouldn't start. I can jump the fuel pump and it runs everytime with enough power going to it. But that gives me no spark? So i checked the search on here and read alot and checked everything but the relay its self. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what it could be.

If you have power to the distributor and the ignitor and the coil and the distributor turns and there's no spark then either one of the wires to the distributor are broken or the ignitor is dead or isn't grounded. The ground for the ignitor and the shielded ground for the ignition signal are fastened under one of the mounting bolts/screws for the ignitor. If you have a plastic ignitor, maybe it just died.

You have spark? There's two tach signals from the coil and one has nothing to do with the other. The ECU tach signal is the blue wire going into the harness and it should be on the - terminal. The dash tack comes through a resistor so the tach doesn't fry and its that little metal thing with a black wire and a white wire from it, the black wire goes to the coil - terminal and the white wire plugs into a wire in the harness with a square plug. That other little black box on the coil isn't necessary but it can't be wired up wrong either, the blue wire from it goes to the the + terminal and the black wire from it grounds on the engine. If you have a plastic ignitor, it may be dead. It might work one minute then not the next or it half work and you might be it to start then run like crap or just die. The power to the fuel pump is direct as long as the relay is closed and it will be in the start position of the ignition switch and if the ECU gets a tach signal AND the ECU gets power to it through the ECI fuse link.

Well i dont know where to get another plastic ignitor and i have to move soon so if thats the proble, someone can buy my car and deal with it for cheap and have a nice car im done with these cars but thanks

Ok i have fuel i have spark just wont start so the metel box died? i beat on it a bit while a friend was trying to start it and nothing battery is good and checked for fuel it pumps fine and sparks great

Ok i have fuel i have spark just wont start so the metel box died? i beat on it a bit while a friend was trying to start it and nothing battery is good and checked for fuel it pumps fine and sparks great

is your car a 88-89? if not you have a converted harness, metal ignitors are 88-89

so you have spark on the plug wires, what about through the plugs? have you pulled any and made sure they wernt fouled? have you ever had the distributor cap off?or distributor out?