Exhaust dilema, resonable suggestions?

NadesX

Heres my dilema, my audi is currently down, and Ive been borrowing another family members car, Id like to get my quest running but I need a complete exhaust on it. It currently just has a 2.5" downpipe and it way to loud to drive. I have looked into getting one of jolyrgrs SS exhaust, but I understand he busy with RL, so thats understandable and is not an option. I am willing to weld up my own exhaust, Ive never welded anything but i have researched it alot, thing is I dont know the dimension of the factory exhaust (bends angles etc) to know how many of what type of bends to order(trying to save $) plus Ill need a welder and chop saw.

So the final question is does anyone know any local shops in the Dayton-Springfield,OH are that will do a SS409/304 exhaust from the turbo back?

Drive over to Columbus and pick up this at Jegs 85.99 and except for where it will be welded that coat lasts along time. They may have that kit in stainless I'm not sure. You get 4 different bends

http://www.b2600turbo.com/images/IM008916.JPG

Open DP sucks in cool air on the O2 sensor and messes up all stages, idle through WOT. And it is way loud too. You wouldn't be able to drive it in my town without getting pulled over.

If you do the Jegs thing like Indiana suggested, there is also some galvanizing spray in a can you can spray on the welds after giving them a quick wire brushing. Don't go crazy with the brushing so as to make it smooth. You want it to be rough when you spray the galvanizing on.

I had a 2.5" system from DP back put on for $40, but I knew the shop owner from one tow he gave me many years ago, and my friends were all good friends with him. I supplied the muffler too. Things really do come back around to justice years later it seems. My SQ broke down right in front of his house in the snow way back when. 1998 it was. BS chain let loose. He towed me to my friend's shop and remembered me very well since I happened to knock on his door for help, not knowing he drove a tow truck.

If you do the Jegs thing like Indiana suggested, there is also some galvanizing spray in a can you can spray on the welds after giving them a quick wire brushing. Don't go crazy with the brushing so as to make it smooth. You want it to be rough when you spray the galvanizing on.

This is what we used at work.

http://www.rustoleum.com/cbgimages/products/PRCgsCldSpL.jpg