MPI on Ebay

Wow. If this works, it would shave countless of hrs for conversion to mpi. It would really get people off the fence and do the conversion, which if mitsu did back in the day, would have kept the starion name instead of changing it because of all the bad press due to the tbi system from its owners... Go mpi, you won't believe the performance out of this car.

Franco

IMO the price is kinda high for regular starquest members - When CHAD was making his MPI intakes it was in the same ballpark money-wise but capable of MUCH higher #'s not being designed to run over the valve cover.

I must say it is a real nice looking piece though!

I would like to see the flow on each runner it looks like 2 and 3 would get the majority of boost being they're directly in front of the intake port. The price is too high for me and I would rather not have the extra piping going back over the IC and valve cover. We need a plug and play management system not another intake.

Yeah, nice design. As said before, if only Mits. would have designed a MPI set-up in the beginning, this car would of had such a stronger following and support. That was the main thing that got blasted was the funky TBI set-up. Still today when a guy looks at my car, more often then not they say, "where are the fuel injectors"? Or, "this thing has only two injectors"?

• 2 weeks later...

I posted a link to this as well some time ago in the MPI forum...

The bidding is over now and it looks as though no one bought it, so I decided to email the seller. I will post any reply he makes so we can all view it. Here is what I wrote:

Dear boostedautodesign,

The MPI you've built looks to be very well made and thought out. I am a member of Starquestclub.com. We are very interested in possibly purchasing one from you, but we do have a few questions.

We are specifically concerned with airflow numbers for each intake runner. Having built your MPI with the TB located above the central log, some members have expressed concern that runners 2 and 3 will get the majority of the total airflow, leaving the outer runners with a less equal distribution.

Also, is the fuel log welded or bolted in place? Its hard to tell from the pics you've posted on ebay.

Lastly, is this a 1 off, or are you able/willing to make multiple units for sale, and if so, would you entertain a group buy from our website members at a slightly reduced cost?

I look forward to hearing from you, and don't hesitate to joing our site and post information directly if you so chose. We'd really like to hear how this MPI came about and what it has to offer.

Mark Morrow (2xTSi)

I received a reply.. and, he is a member on the board!

Dear mmorrow74,

Thanks for the response, I came up with this design after doing an mpi conversion on a customers car. He did not want to relocate the battery and destroy the radiator support for IC pipes. I am familiar with starquestclub and am a member there. The plenum entrance will be redesigned on the next one i make. It will funnel from the TB to either side of the plenum, making it close to full length. The fuel rail is removable, and held in via bolts. I would consider doing a group purchase to get the price down a bit and not have to go through ebay, to make it more affordable. Depending on how many i can make at one time will determine the price. With the time involved in building and the price of the materials with tps, fuel rail, throttle body, its hard to get it down a whole lot. We are looking at around the 600-650 range if ordered directly through me.

Be in touch

~Lee

- boostedautodesign