Any of you guys like electronic music?

D-VO

I do a radio show out here in Chicago on Monday nights. Finally got around to posting my set up here (LINK). I do chicago-style funky house, but I've been known to drop down into disco or trip-hop now and then.

What are you guys into?

I like progressive, hard-house, tech-house, trance, techno, eruostyle, etc. Not a jungle fan. I miss Energy 927&5 in Chicago, those were the days. Don't get me wrong, the nightly deal Markski does is cool, but not the same. I grew up on Bobby D, TKC, Markski, Tim Spinnen Schomer, Julien Jumpin Perez, Dj Leewood, DJ Attack etc on B96. :)

Been DJ'ing since '91, hiphop, breakbeats, reggae, r&b, that type of stuff.

In the 90's I used to do a lot of block parties and DJ battles, when I think back I would mix about 4-5 hours a day just practicing cuts, tricks, all that. Strictly vinyl, a pair of Technics 1200's and a mini Numark back then, and today, although the mixer is better now, lol.. I don't take the gear out of the house anymore (got robbed once after a party and quit) but I have a wall sized self filled with vinyl and still buy some on DJcity.com and Discogs.com to keep from getting rusty. Recently picked up two laundry baskets full of records from like 1982-1988... in the trash!

I would not call myself a DJ but I can do the basics beat match, lace trackes together add samples and effects (the basics). I had 2 digital talbles forever like before people even realised you could do that with MP3's and the computers were so weak you had to run 2 sounds cards one for each channel.

I do have one thing that I know is very saught after for vinal DJ's. It's one of those DJ test track vinals I think there are two vinals in the set. I was always amazed how thick the vinal was. It's like 2 or 3 regular records together.

I miss Energy 927&5 in Chicago, those were the days.

Energy 927 & 5 kind of morphed into www.energy981.com

I grew up on Bobby D, TKC, Markski, Tim Spinnen Schomer, Julien Jumpin Perez, Dj Leewood, DJ Attack etc on B96. :)

I was pretty heavily into the dance scene in Chicago in the late 80's-90's and was acquainted with several DJ's at the time.

I met Bad Boy Bill at a club on SW Hwy and 111th because when I pulled up in my 'Vette, they thought I was him and gave me his parking space.

I didn't look anything like him other than being a white guy. LOL He was really cool to meet and talk to.

Xavier Joshua (Maurice Joshua's brother) used to be the house DJ at the Babylon Club in Oak Lawn.

I remember the buzz going around when Maurice hit it big.

Ahhh, the old days.

I still listen to Energy981 and I also listen to www.fusionradio.fm