AEM uego hookup questions

Hey guys. I have an AEM UEGO wideband and i have some questions on how to hook it up.

1) Can I eliminate the stock 02 alltogether and just use the AEM unit? (wire one of the outputs directly to the ecu?)

2) Has anyone done a write up on this? I searched and couldn't find a walkthrough anywhere?

thanks guys. Im hoping to get this in the car by tonight or tomorrow.

Frenchi934,

I had a bung welded on the inside of the exhaust pipe (by inside I mean facing toward the tranny/drive shaft) approximately 40 inches from the turbo. If you weld it to the outside of the pipe it may run into the frame rails. Manual says at least 36" to be safe from heat. I then drilled a hole through the tunnel. Top right corner of the shifter box opening. It pops out under the center console so it's a clean itstall. I then put a grommet in the hole with a slit in it to get over the wire. The hole needs to be large so you can get the plastic end through it. There is a large end and a small one. I believe the small one is the 6 pin that plugs into the back of the gauge so you need to punch the hole the size of the 6 pin connector. Run the wire from the underside of the car, up through the hole and then into the back of the gauge. Cut a slit in the gromett, slide it over the wire and install the grommet on the sheet metal. I then squirted silicone from inside the car around the grommet to make sure it doesn't leak.

Then you just have to run you hot and ground and ignition hot.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Lance_S

Mines below, after the bent at a slight angle upward. It will be at PF if you want to crawl under and take a look. I'm real excited to see your car. looks like a great restore!

Dad

I just welded the bung onto the exhaust underneath. The wiring seems kind of scarey but ill tackle that tomorrow. Should be running great at PF with a new exhaust. Pictures will be on the forum tomorrow but I did something special with the downpipe ;) Getting very excited for next weekend

You welded the bung underneath? I hope you don't mean the sensor is pointing down towards the road not only will you tear it off condensation will collect in the tip and ruin the sensor.

• 3 years later...
I could have sworn I saw someone post where the Uego could replace the factory 02 in the factory bung. Frenchi, I read yesterday what happened to your car, makes me sick but glad you are OK. Hopefully you will be back when you get settled in, or am I a year late on that too.

I believe AEM recommends angling the sensor at 10 degrees. I mounted mine just before the downpipe curves under the car. Conveniently I used the space where the evaporator core used to come thru the firewall to run my wiring.