TD06SL2

yes

I think anything bigger youll need a different set up.

(Bigger turbine housing, down pipe, adapter,etc,etc,wastegate,etc,etc,hose,piping,etc,this and that,etc,etc...)

and the funny thing is, I can very easy swap to a STOCK turbo anytime or any other " factory upgrade" turbo LOL

I love my set up

I am very surprise and exited

Edited by OPTIMUSPRIME

Did I mention I am runing the factory muffler with 3" downpipe and 2 1/4 exhaust all the way to the factory muffler?

You cant hear me coming down the road! lol Just the turbo spooling.....ssssshhhhhhhh

My next plan......Electronic EXHAUST BY-PASS (contemplating on it....)

This is going to be a nice STEALTH TSi

STAY TUNE

Edited by OPTIMUSPRIME

yes

I think anything bigger youll need a different set up.

(Bigger turbine housing, down pipe, adapter,etc,etc,wastegate,etc,etc,hose,piping,etc,this and that,etc,etc...)

and the funny thing is, I can very easy swap to a STOCK turbo anytime or any other " factory upgrade" turbo LOL

I love my set up

I am very surprise and exited

B) Sweeeeeet. But... price check!

$_$

Did I mention I am runing the factory muffler with 3" downpipe and 2 1/4 exhaust all the way to the factory muffler?

You cant hear me coming down the road! lol Just the turbo spooling.....ssssshhhhhhhh

My next plan......Electronic EXHAUST BY-PASS (contemplating on it....)

This is going to be a nice STEALTH TSi

STAY TUNE

:ph34r:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good job on your build. I've got the FP 18GSL2 on my AWD 1g Talon. Forced Performance came up with a pretty good idea years ago, back when they took the MHI TD05H CHRA and retrofitted the SL2 wheel to it. (They replaced this turbo with the 68HTA later on, but it's still a great unit if you can find one) It made for a hell of a sleeper turbo. Later they offered it with a TD06CHRA, providing slightly better top end power.

Some people "poo-poo'd" it for not being a true MHI unit back when it came out, unfortunately. Truth be told though..It outflows/outperforms the EvoIII16g and comes close to the 20G in supported hp numbers, but doesn't require as much in the way of supporting mods. On the 4G63, it is a solid 400whp turbo.

Enjoy the boost!

• 9 months later...
  • 11 years later...