Performance Radiator

Phillip_411

I am looking for a radiator that will work for my MPI project Car. I have seen some aluminum radiators out there but the only place that I have seen to purchase them from is *DM. I dont know all of the details but after reading that there in an investigation pending sales on this site from *DM I am a bit leerie to join in on one of their GP's. If soneone out there has one for a reasonable price please let me know. Also please post any links for radiators that you guys have used in performance applications.

Thanks,

Phillip_411

Somebody here did a write up a while back about these..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-94-Nissan-S13-SR-Aluminum-Racing-Radiator-/320693890685?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aaad86e7d

Said it worked just fine. I'd assume you'd have to make your own upper mount, which wouldn't be hard, and there are no bungs for the fan senosors. You'd have to have them welded in locally.

I'll be buying one next time I need a radiator.

Edited by vbrad511

I am running that eBay radiator previous poster linked. Work well but you'll have to custom fab some mounts. My radiator fits so snug in my car that I'm running it without mounts but probably not the best idea. Doesn't take much to mess up aluminum. Like previous poster said there is no bung for the fans. I made a post a few months back on my setup and it is still working well.

I have read through the links posted from StarQuestMike and this is very appealing. Mostly due to cost. I however did not understand how to made your radiator fans come on and off with the thermistors. Where did you place them? I gathered somewhere other that the radiator and that they were not a stock thermistor. Pleased advise.

Thanks,

Phillip_411

It's not secured to the car. It's just "floating". It's a very close fit on the frame rails, and is mainly stayed in place by the hoses.

Primary thermosensor removed from original rad, placed in EGR thermoswitch location. And then wired to trigger both fan relays.

-Robert

Remove the primary sensor from the stock radiator and put it where the egr thermoswitch is. Then just wire it to the fans. Both my fans kick on at the same time.

I changed my thermostat to a 180 but a stock temp would achieve the same results

Edited by StarQuestMike

I am running the *DM also, its not quite as nice as the Griffin untis Ive seen, but the price more than makes it worth it. I think he runs GP's on them at around $270 for his bolt in model. I am very happy with mine.

BC_99

Thank you all for the input and help. I have been looking on ebay for the last couple days for the S13 radiators. Here is a link to what I am considering purchasing. Please let me know what you guys think.

s13 radiator with fans

Thank You,

Phillip_411

I run that setup and it works great and half the prices as other options in this thread.