**SOLD** 1987 Chrysler Conquest $3000 **SOLD*

Truth

http://www.starquest...showtopic=50459

*Car is located in Charlotte, NC

Well, let me start by saying this is going to be hard to type. I bought this car when I was 16 and I am now 25. 1987 Chrysler Conquest, white on maroon leather. Has been meticulously maintained. Although not perfect, the car is certainly worth what I'm asking for it. Included in the $6000 you get all my boxes of the stock parts that have came off the car. It has 82k miles.

Exterior: 8/10

Has the typical bug chips and scrapes here and there, but overall not bad. Small spot of surface rust on the back passenger quarter, but an easy fix.

Interior: 9/10

Seats have minor wear on them, but considering their ages I'd say they're downright great. Newly installed Prosport gauges... wiring only (oil pressure, fuel pressure, water temperature). For some reason when I took the instrument cluster apart, the stock water temperature gauge quit working, but the car has never overheated

Engine: 9/10

Never been disassembled. Car has always ran strong. The mods are listed in my sig, and the dyno numbers listed are from before tuning with the translator. Smokes a little at start up, but you can chalk that up to valve seals. Once the car is fully warmed, the minor smoking ceases.

I would like to add that this would NOT make a good daily driver. It does not have the following items: muffler, cats, ABS, cruise, a/c, heat, wipers & wiper motor.

I feel like someone else besides myself should give this car some attention. I really want to start on my next project, which will be a C5 Corvette Z06. I'm definitely not leaving the site or anything even when I get the Z. I've made too many friends on here to walk away. I've had this car for 9 years, and anyone who has seen the car, or knows me, can vouch that it has been well taken care of. I wouldn't hesitate to drive this car to California and back. Someone give her a good home.

Edited by Truth

• 3 weeks later...

AJ...I wish I had the loot for it. I'd love to take care of this car for a couple years until you message me one day asking if you can buy it back because you miss it too much.:rolleyes:

I must stress...this car shouldn't goto a newb owner. This car should go to a veteran member of the forum where it will be nourished and taken care of. Not abused and ruined.

Good luck with the sale AJ. We're gonna miss you this year at PF. It won't be the same without you.

Justin

just b/c im new here doesnt mean that im new to these cars.. keep in mind that just b/c i dont have your "status" doesnt mean that i wont take care of the car and become a veteran member eventually. i plan on staying on this forum for a long time and keeping everyone posted.

Easy Willy.....I don't think Coke was targeting you :D Whoever gets this car will happy. AJ is likely the mostjz car detailer I've ever met. He literally drives to a meet and re-glazes the car and wipes the wheels down :rolleyes: Even with a 100% chance of rain in the next hour....LOL. Edited by jonboyb

just b/c im new here doesnt mean that im new to these cars.. keep in mind that just b/c i dont have your "status" doesnt mean that i wont take care of the car and become a veteran member eventually. i plan on staying on this forum for a long time and keeping everyone posted.

Hey man, I know Coke didnt mean anything disrespectful towards you with that comment, but try and look at it from his side, He has been on this board and around these cars for many years and has heard the same promise from hundreds and probably closer to thousands of newb SQers. Out of all of those, maybe 1 in every 50 becomes a lifer. Its just the law of averages, we've all seen way too many really nice SQ's get bought up by newbs and not be properly cared for and eventually get destroyed, blown up, or parted out. I hope you find a nice car and stick around for awhile, please dont take it personally when comments like that are posted, its just happened to many times before. Good luck in your search for a nice Quest.

BC_99

I understand where coke is coming from, i honestly do. and im not taking it too personally, just trying to set my point of view too. im sorry if i came off rude, that was not my intention. and i understand where all of you are coming from. these cars are amazing

Im glad to hear you feel that way. Update your personal info, location, hobbies, ect....in your profile, so that maybe some "local to you" guys can help you with your search. Cheers,

BC_99

edit: I know of a really nice white 88 with a new engine that was for sale locally, I can check with him and see if it's still for sale if you want.

heres a link:

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120116&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Edited by BC_99

that would be awesome. thanks. and local doesnt matter too much. i can drive to come pick it up. take a weekend trip to get one if i need to

Im glad to hear you feel that way. Update your personal info, location, hobbies, ect....in your profile, so that maybe some "local to you" guys can help you with your search. Cheers,

-ahem-

that would be awesome. thanks. and local doesnt matter too much. i can drive to come pick it up. take a weekend trip to get one if i need to

You sound like me :lol: Where abouts Lville?

about 5 minutes from the corner of 316 and 29

Haha - I'm right down the road literally about 2 minutes from where 316 meets 20. There's another member who works near me, and lives out in Bethlehem.

By the way Willy - for what it's worth, I will personally vouch for AJ's car, and if you do buy it, expect to wake up at 3am in the morning to see me hugging and molesting the car.

Edited by Fanta

Haha - I'm right down the road literally about 2 minutes from where 316 meets 20. There's another member who works near me, and lives out in Bethlehem.

By the way Willy - for what it's worth, I will personally vouch for AJ's car, and if you do buy it, expect to wake up at 3am in the morning to see me hugging and molesting the car.

Which means if you see white smoke from the exhaust...

My office is at 85/Pleasant Hill now so right there too.

Truth,email me or call me.I can give this car a very good home.boosttoy@aol.com.Ican drive down mon or tue with cash in hand.

Thanks Frank.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...