rain rain go away

so, havent had any issues out of my car recently, until yesterday

yesterday car ran fine, drove to richmond. as we were leaving it dumped rain at which point my Translator drowned, car wouldnt run.

pulled it out and blew it out and dried it, code red error went away, car wouldnt idle or rev. finally got it idling, but car wouldnt go past 1/8th throttle. hold it on the floor, it would 2 step at about 4000 blowing blue flames out the exhaust the entire time.

took 1 mile to get on the interstate to drive back

got home and its running a little better but its still running like crap compared to before the trip

any ideas?

i can floor it now, and it will either completely die, or be in boost and fall on its face then come back then fall on its face

i alreadty checked injector clips

Not trying to be mean but..... your translator got wet...engine died...now barely runs...and your asking what the problem could be???

My $ is on the translator being shorted out. Sounds like you need to replace it.

Not trying to be mean but..... your translator got wet...engine died...now barely runs...and your asking what the problem could be???

My $ is on the translator being shorted out. Sounds like you need to replace it.

translator is working fine now, back to how it was, normal green flashing light

its not the first time its been wet, when it gets wet, red light lights up, i unplug it and let it dry, and works fine after

I know you said that you have checked your injector clips, but i had the exact same issue and it turned out to be the wiring going into the clip. I tried the usual unclip and spray contact cleaner on them and give them a good clean, but it didn't work. I found it was the injector clip closest to the strut tower that gave me trouble. The car would not start and if it did it would fall over at around 3k or over 1/4 throttle. A mate of mine told me as a test to try using wd40 inside the clip or use some electrical contact grease and it worked :D We have since replaced the wiring and clip and have had no more issues. My guess is that even though it is making contact, it's just not quite enough.

Might just be worth a second look ;)

Goodluck

translator is working fine now, back to how it was, normal green flashing light

its not the first time its been wet, when it gets wet, red light lights up, i unplug it and let it dry, and works fine after

Just because you have a green light doesn't mean it's working properly. Why is it getting wet? Are you leaving the cover off?

Just because you have a green light doesn't mean it's working properly. Why is it getting wet? Are you leaving the cover off?

i was, still tuning it in, wasnt planning on flash storm in richmond

MAS was wet. I have to shut my Camaro off if I use an automatic carwash or it starts to idle poorly as the water sprayed gets drawn in. If I hold the rpms up its better but if I shut it down then restart afterward there's no issues from the water.

MAS was wet. I have to shut my Camaro off if I use an automatic carwash or it starts to idle poorly as the water sprayed gets drawn in. If I hold the rpms up its better but if I shut it down then restart afterward there's no issues from the water.

hmm, that could be it since it was open turbo. i may drop the intercooler out and make sure nothings in it too. cars running alot better now, with a little bit of stumble, i had to richen the settings a little.

so, havent had any issues out of my car recently, until yesterday

yesterday car ran fine, drove to richmond. as we were leaving it dumped rain at which point my Translator drowned, car wouldnt run.

pulled it out and blew it out and dried it, code red error went away, car wouldnt idle or rev. finally got it idling, but car wouldnt go past 1/8th throttle. hold it on the floor, it would 2 step at about 4000 blowing blue flames out the exhaust the entire time.

took 1 mile to get on the interstate to drive back

got home and its running a little better but its still running like crap compared to before the trip

any ideas?

i can floor it now, and it will either completely die, or be in boost and fall on its face then come back then fall on its face

i alreadty checked injector clips

"Rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey" Rains a good thing ;)

:lol: :lol: But not if you mounted your MAF-Translator where it can get soaked.

Bill

you guys complain about rain,, we have had 3 yrs of under rain water levels here in florida ,in fact this is the middle on may ,,and i have yet to have to mow my yard :(

last yr i only had to mow 3 times the entire summer , thats sad

Tis what is was, days later STILL WET

i dropped the intercooler, dry, pulled the MAF and water was inside, weird, runs great again

still would have thought it would dry out by itself