thinking about swapping a 2jz into my starquest

leetaztsi

I've been going over in my head for years whether I just want to keep my car with the stock motor and original stuff, but then I always go back to wanting more potential for horsepower and parts availability. I really want to swap a 2jz into my conquest, but I've never done a swap so I know it will be a headache trying to figure everything out, but I'm up for it. The problem is... my 2.6L runs great it has a recently rebuilt top end with a new head, but I'm just so sick of the stock turbo/fuel system. I'm thinking hmmm I can spend thousands on getting an MPI setup with a nice turbo running on the 2.6L or I could take that money and just swap a better motor in that has wayyyy more parts available and has the potential to make more horsepower.

SOOO what the hell am I getting myself into is the real question hahaha... I really don't want to get rid of my conquest, I love the damn thing and I've done a lot of work to it. I just hate the motor.

ive got a mpi g54b. but im pretty sure the 4g with some mods will equal what a well built g54b can do. and they are much cheaper and easier to find parts for.

i agree with you about a modded 4g and built MPI g54 being similar when it comes to power. I also agree with you that parts are much easier to come by for the 4g. BUT cheaper i dont necessarily agree with fully. I see some of the engine parts being cheaper but I also see some that are not. You also have to keep in mind that there are alot more parts in the 4g which just adds to the cost of the build.

I personally have yet to see a full engine build on a 4g63 that cost less than a g54b build (both using quality parts). With that being said i also have to say that looking through the dsm boards, to buy a fully built 4g with low miles, is cheaper than building a g54 engine so i have to give credit to the 4g on that note.

Good luck with your build. I just wanted to throw my opinion out there as food for thought.

I really appreciate all the input and at this point I'm kind of just trying to decide what I want to do in about 8 months or so. I want to plan it out good so that I can finish it quickly whichever motor I decide to swap.

Out of curiosity any advantages to the 2J vs. 4g vs. g54 on gas milage?

If you want to swap for MPGs, just do a honda F22C and be banned forever. :lol: