I scammed somebody, Should I feel bad?

garychoffmann

(Hannah)- Hi, I was wondering if the item is still available? If so do you take payment by paypal?

(ME) - Which Item and I'd rather just meet up.

(Hannah) Great, I would meet up to get your item but I live in Tennesee. I found your item while I was using a craigslist search engine and your item is exactly what I've been looking for.

(ME) Which one(s) did you want.

(Hannah) I wanted the item you described in the listing.

(ME) I guess your talking about the Subs, I want to sell them with the box so shipping will be very expensive. Your looking at a total of $755.00 Shipped. I'll do it if you want to pony up the change

(Hannah) Yes, your item is perfect and I don't mind the shipping charges. I will paypal you very shortly.

I get a bogus paypal E-mail saying I received 900.00 usd, and about 2 minutes later I got this e-mail

(Hannah) Oh my, I'm so sorry but I think I sent you too much money. I sent 900.00 instead of the 755.00, is there anyway that I can get you to send me the difference when you ship your item. I would prefer a money order. Thank you and please let me know when you ship the item. My shipping address is

Brandon longley

28 landon lane Lot H5

Knoxville,Tennessee

(Me) No problem what I'll do is just put it in an envelope in cash and put it in the box of the item. Thanks and I'll ship out tomorrow.

(Hannah) Thanks so much, I can't wait to receive it.

(ME) I made a huge mistake in calculating shipping, It was alot more than I thought. I would have just used the money that was in the envelope but I already had it packaged in the box with the item. I had to send the balance COD. It's 45.00

Couple days pass and I get this wonderful E-mail

(Hannah) You motherTRucker! It was real smart sending me the bricks, I have your retuen address and all your contact info, I'll be paying you a visit to get my $45.00 back. You better just send it to me or I'll show up on your doorstep and take it from you. Piece of s*** motherTRucker, you messed with the wrong guy.

(ME) I'm not afraid, build yourself something nice with the bricks I sent you.

It did cost me 16.65 to ship the package cod, but I should be getting a postal money order or a check for 45.00,

I think I edited all the cusswords

I just sent some bricks in a flat rate box.

I sent the box with a 45.00 cod. He had to pay in order to get the box. He paid and found out that he got a box of bricks. He paid cash so I'll get a postal money order in the next couple days for 45.00. You can't stop a cod payment

He just scammed a scammer and made a profit off the scammers greed.

Anyone that has posted multiple items on CL knows the scam.

Not only did the box of trash cost the scammer $45, but that $45 went right into Garys pocket. Double bonus B)

I'm tempted to do the same, I have some garbage to get rid of.

If you just said "the item" when refering to it in your correspondance instead of "the subs", it would be 100% legal.It would infact be almost a legal contract or bill of sale, where the buyer (scammer) got exaclty what they paid for : "the item", which you can then make whatever you want, AKA garbage.

No, I don't think it was a bad thing to do. Not once did the buyer (scammer) indiate what they were buying, for all he knew, it was bricks since he obviously didn't read your replies.

I got an email saying I received money from paypal, but it was an obvious fake. So I checked my paypal balance and it was still $5.53, So I didn't receive any money. So I decided, the hell with this. F this guy, how can i get him. This is how it happened. USPS COD to the rescue to help me scam a scammer

So his address was

28 landon lane Lot H5

Well Gary, you just messed with the wrong trailer park douche this time!!!! and I'm sure that was his last $45.00 for gas money this month so maybe if he can scam a few more people by next month he will be driving right down FROM TENNESSEE to get his money back from you. Hope he's got a smart (Stupid) car so he can squeeze out that gas mileage. LOL.......