Still got my Starion...

puma

As my title suggests I still have my '87 palmero grey starion of which I have an attachment to. I've dumped a lot of money into and still had issues with it once I got her running again. I miss driving and tinkering with it (pretending I know what I'm doing), but I think it may be time I part with it. Its a good car that I'm just letting rot in the sun due to lack of mechanical knowledge and time.... but I still love it and don't want to part her out.

What do you guys think? Sell her or try and fix it one last time?

post-6625-130086365011_thumb.jpg

I thought you got rid of that car a long time ago. Did you ever get the nut tightened up on the turbo intake wheel? There's some awesome guys out in CA that will help you put it back together, all you have to do is ask.

Good to hear from you again. http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Edited by Elkidmino

Didn't you used to be in the bay? Keep it and fix it!

I'm in the Bay now, I use to live in Socal. Yeah, I think I am going to keep it... but I'm going to need a lot of help from very patient people.

I thought you got rid of that car a long time ago. Did you ever get the nut tightened up on the turbo intake wheel? There's some awesome guys out in CA that will help you put it back together, all you have to do is ask.

Good to hear from you again. http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Shut up Dave! You know I got that stupid nut back on it.... Last I had her running (like 2 years ago) she was also running rich which I could never find a solution too. Not to mention, I kept finding little misc bs things that were wrong with it from when we rebuilt the engine. smh...

But summer is coming and I have a little more free time. I just know right now, I don't have enough knowledge to do it alone and all my other car buddies hate my car now lol.

Edited by puma

I hate to throw him on the spot, but Jason (BOOSTED88tsi) and his crew seem to be the driving force for SQ's in the Bay area. Those guys know what they're doing (<-- key phrase) and are also a lot of fun to hang out with. *sigh* some days I miss going to Cali on the weekends to hang out. Anyway, hop on 26liter.us and there is still a chat room there, I'm sure you'll run into some old friends.

It's good to hear you still have the fire to fix the car. http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Edit: I should have made some time to see you back in '06 while I was in Nevada.

Edited by Elkidmino

Keep it, and get it up and running. its obvious that nothing of value will ever sell here

I'm not necessarily trying to sell it to make money or anything... I'm thinking of selling it because letting it continue to rot in the elements is a travesty.

Hey puma don't you live in the Pacheco/martinez area? I have a ton of extra parts, jason and I can't get that thing running tip top for ya.

I'm close to that area! I would love the help and if you guys take the time to teach me some things and are patient with me I will totally throw some cash your way (and maybe some cookies too as I am proficient in the culinary arts). :)

Is the car currently drivable? What is wrog with it. Im free most weekends if that works for you.

Actually, weekends would work out great for me! The car was drivable before I stopped trying to fix it like two years ago when the engine blew. We were able to replace everything and get her to start but it was running soo very rich. I thought maybe the timing was off... then I thought maybe something was wrong with the fuel system even though we had no problem before with it which I guess may still be a lingering issue. But, I let a former sqc member/friend try and help me and all he really did was tear s*** out of the car without telling me what he was doing... So a lot of the smog s*** is missing too and I don't know where to begin... the wiring and hosing makes no sense to me anymore. But, if we replace the battery she should start right up again and run like s***.

Obviously, its kind of a mess. :blush:

I'm here in soCal and I'm willing to help out just shot me a message. Ive had so much go wrong with my car but always found a way to get her back on the road again. Always willing to help out someone with a Starquest. Edited by Fuzzydicerule

I'm here in soCal and I'm willing to help out just shot me a message. Ive had so much go wrong with my car but always found a way to get her back on the road again. Always willing to help out someone with a Starquest.

I may hit you up asking for some of your knowledge/support here on sqc since

I've moved from socal... but lord knows if it wasn't for this forum I would not have gotten as far as I have with this lovely car.

Yeah I hear you on that. The people here have helped me out countless times. Time to start returning the favor lol. Just hit me up if you need some parts me and my buddy Terminated here both have spare parts laying around.