New Guy Question........

GOFASTER

I found what looks like a pretty nice '88 Conquest on eBay. I was the high bidder, but under his reserve. (I bid $2700 the reserve was $3000.) Before I decide to take his 2nd chance offer of $2800 I wanted to throw it out here and ask all you knowledgeable guys if this car looks like it is worth it.....So, please give me your opinions.

Thanks in advance for any and all comments.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290534325699&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Well, I guess I'll skip that one. I don't want to buy one that is going to have huge problems right off the bat. And believe me, if I end up getting one, when it comes to repairs I will be very dependent on this forum to get it fixed. I am already amazed by the knowledge from people on this forum. We had a 1987 'Quest when I was in high school. It was the coolest car! I have always wanted to get another one, but most of them appear to be junkers. There are some amazing examples that are still around, but they are very few and very far between. I think I will continue looking.......

Thanks,

Jason.

Good choice.

The car isn't $2800 worth of nice if you can't test drive and inspect it before bidding/buying. If you could inspect it and see all his receipts first you may find that much value in it. His description isn't detailed enough to warrant his asking price.

I looks like it could se paint and engine detailing. The nicest thing about the car is the reupholstered seats.

Keep looking I am sure the right one will pop up eventually.

That looks like a very nice car to me. Its got the rare and desirable tan leather interior, Shp package, and a factory sunroof. If the car runs and drives well id say 2800 is a bargain.

Let's say you find a car needing the seats reupholstered, an airdam, and "minor rust repair" but its only 1500, your going to spend much more than you saved just to get it looking as nice. Just my 2 cents ;)

If your interested id say get a flight out there and check it out.

seen that thing on a couple times... question tho... whats with the "stripes" on that? i have part of those on mine and havent seen many with them. are they after market or something that was added at the dealer?

I think it was a dealer option, maybe called a tarka kit???? I had a yellow 88 shp with the same striping, it was on the center part of the hood also.

Jimmy

Dealer had guys that came around selling add on parts and floor mats and stripe kits there are some common ones but that isn't one of them. Cars out there don't rust like here so why not go take it for a drive?

Who sells that jackshaft kit? Sounds like I could use one of those on my trailer if its electric and remote.

I think it was a dealer option, maybe called a tarka kit???? I had a yellow 88 shp with the same striping, it was on the center part of the hood also

hmmm.... sounds like i'll have to do some more digging. didnt show up in the current parts list. maybe it will be in the old books. might have to look into it. what did the stripe on the hood look like? i like the ones on the front fenders down the doors but could live without the ones after the rear wheels.