Fog/Park/Turn covers and matching sidemarker tint skins $30 shipped

Burton

These are made of Lexan which is much more resistant to cracking and scratching that a standard plexi glass, and also is tinted from the factory. These are not Lexan pieces that start clear and are tinted with window tint film. Film tinted Lexan will fail after being exposed to the elements for a while. That being said, I can also make clear ones that aren't tinted at all.

I began making these many years ago, originally they were CNC'd when I had access to a mill. Since then, I have been making them manually using jigs that were also CNC'd. The covers are saw cut to shape using one jig, then the radii are machine sanded and holes drilled using another jig. All of this is a little more work than being done on a CNC mill, but it still ensures proper fitment and a quality looking part.

Prices are $30 shipped anywhere in the US for your choice of dark tint, light tint, or clear. There are no special dates for a GP as these are available at this price all the time now.

*****EDIT******

Starting now, all my smoked covers will also come with matching sidemarker tint skins for no extra charge!

Sidemarker skins can be seen here:

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=118170

Paypal: markewade@gmail.com

If you wish to pay with a money order, PM me for details on where to send it.

Light tint...

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/10-20-09_007.jpg

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/10-20-09_008.jpg

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/12-26-08_029.jpg

***JP's clear lenses not included***

Dark Tint...

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/7-15-10_016.jpg

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/7-15-10_015.jpg

Sorry, no pics of any clear ones.

This picture shows the mounting hardware that comes with is as well as how it goes on...

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/11-15-09.jpg

***Again-JP's clear lenses not included***

The covers also come with installation instructions....

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/5-20-11_010.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by Burton

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the dark tint ones are you able to see light emmited by your fog lights? if so i would want a pair of dark tints for my fiji

FWIW, I currently have the light tint covers, and foglight output is slightly decreased with the covers on, plus I have yellow HIDs, and the covers give the lights a greenish tint, so I'm going for some clear covers.

With the dark tint ones are you able to see light emmited by your fog lights? if so i would want a pair of dark tints for my fiji

I notice with my dark tint ones, you can see light from just the fogs shining out on the ground and such, but it's very minimal. If you like lots of light from your fogs, you probably won't want the dark ones. Like Drybear says, even the light tint ones will decrease the light output a little bit.

would I need different light assemblies or do you just take off the covers.

These don't mess with the housings at all. It replaces the trim ring and screws around the assemblies, and all hardware is included. If you look at the 6th pic down in the original post, what you get is the flat piece of Lexan with the screws and spacers sticking thru it (those replace the OEM screws for the trim piece.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you able to still see the turn signals go off with the dark tint? If so put me down for some dark tints.

Dan

Yes, even the dark tints allow people looking at your car to see your turn signals, parking lights, and fog lights. The dark tints just keep lots of the light from the fog lights from making it to the road.

I also have started a GP for vinyl tint skins that go on the Park/Fog/Turn lenses that may give you a similar look you (and your wallet) may like better...

tint skins

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Edited by Burton

I would like a set of light tints. - Evan and will be doing a money order. Ecbailey90@gmail.com

Got your E-mail and will be looking for that money order. Added your name to the list too.

Thanks!

Dark Tint sir, for sure.

Skins? are those for the original fog light lens?

payment sent

Edited by traps

burton, count me in for a set of the DARK pair, i have a set already but need spares :-) in case the ones i currently have get broken or buggered up in any way, also, the decals you got, conquest tsi for rear hatch, conquest for front piece between headlights, and TSI for fenders. im looking at the I <3 my fatty too! SEND ME A PM WITH TOTAL AND PAYPAL ADRESSS, thanks (sorry, hit cap lock by mistake)

Dark Tint sir, for sure.

Skins? are those for the original fog light lens?

payment sent

Yes, they are vinyl skins that apply directly to the fog lens. I have a GP for those listed in this forum as well with a pic.

burton, count me in for a set of the DARK pair, i have a set already but need spares :-) in case the ones i currently have get broken or buggered up in any way, also, the decals you got, conquest tsi for rear hatch, conquest for front piece between headlights, and TSI for fenders. im looking at the I <3 my fatty too! SEND ME A PM WITH TOTAL AND PAYPAL ADRESSS, thanks (sorry, hit cap lock by mistake)

PM sent.

Edited by Burton

Please make note of your user name and what you are purchasing with any payment you send.

People, I cannot stress this enough. I spent 45 minutes last night cross refrencing car forums, emails and paypal payments just trying to figure out what two people were paying me for. Saying "Thanks Burton" in the notes section does nothing to tell me who you are, or what you bought. I'm glad you appreciate the stuff I offer, but was the $35 you sent for fog light covers or a decal set? In fact, was it even for SQ stuff? I sell more stuff for cars other than SQs than I do for SQs and I have many things I sell for the same price.

I got everything figured out eventually last night, but it's very frustrating to spend that much of what little time I have to handle this stuff, when all it would have taken was an extra minute of typing by the customer.

PLEASE!!!!!!!.......

*Post where you are seeing my offerings- Most of my SQ sales is from stuff posted up here, but I do sell plenty of SQ schwag on 26liter as well as Emails from my website or other word of mouth contacts.

*Post a username if the sale is from an online forum. The username is important so I can make sure to compare it to the screen names in GPs, PM's, etc...

*Post a detailed description of what it is you are buying- "fog covers" "tint skins" or "stickers" don't tell me enough. Did you want dark, light or clear Lexan fog covers? Did you want the whole tint skin set, or just ceratin pieces? I sell all sorts of stickers and many for the same price. I'm guessing you don't want a Starion sticker set for a Conquest, and you probably don't want them in pink, but how am I to know if you don't tell me?

*Post any other info you think I may need- I'm glad you are off at college and expanding your education, but your Paypal account lists your parent's address as the addy. If I don't know you are at college with a different address, how can I know to send it to any other addy other than what's listed on the Paypal account?

This stuff may seem simple to y'all but all the above example have happened to me in one way or another.

I talk to many of you in threads, PM's and by email to get the deals setup and make sure that you get exactly what you want. After going back and forth most of you probably figure I have a handle on the deal and will remember all the details two weeks later when payment is actually made. This is not always the case. Between all the cars I offer stuff for I probably communicate with a dozen people a day interested in my stuff. Usually only half of those people actually make purchases, and many of those are weeks later, so it's impossible for me to try and remember who wanted what and when they wanted it when half of those people never make a purchase. I save all my PMs and Emails for many weeks if not months just to help remind me if need be, but I could really use a little more help on y'alls end.

I'm not trying to be mean or a jerk or anything, but it's very frustrating. I make very little money offering my wares for the SQ community, and do it mostly because I love the cars and like to see people enjoy my stuff. The big bucks is in making stuff for other cars, which is what I have been doing more of, but I still do SQ stuff because I have everything I need to make the products fairly easily. When I have to spend gobs of time figuring out who wants what, it just kills me. The more time I spend on that sort of stuff, the less time I can work on profitable stuff. The more SQ stuff cuts into my profitable stuff, the less I want to do SQ stuff.

I hate to do it, but I may have to start returning payments if people can't follow instructions. I charge $20 an hour for my time working on customer cars and such, so it makes no sense for me to spend an hour of that time trying to chase down all the info I need so I can send out the right part, to the right person.......and make all of about $2 for my time on the deal.

I hope this doesn't sound like some prima donna BS, but really, if you can't follow the very simple instructions I speciffically asked for then I don't need you as a customer, simple as that.

[/rant]

Edited by Burton