1/10 scale Starion body

dmyers151

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats cool I have an 89 Bolink pancar I raced way back, right now I have a 89 monte carlo body #3 goodwrench painted to match and stood in line for 3 hours to get Dale E to sign the windsheild. Might have to see if I can bring it all back to life. I've been racing and messing with RC for 25yrs now.http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

Banzai got back to me. Told me they have one left but can order more.

They are willing to ship as many as we want for one shipping price but offered no other discount.

I'm not presently in a position to do a GP as I'm away from home too much just now.

Also, I'm not sure if there would be a substantial saving as the bodies would have be re-sent to everyone who orders one.

Colinhttp://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif

You could ship the bodies for $11 or less by USPS flat rate, or I think even cheaper first class.

Save about $15 to 20 this way vs having them shipped to you individually.

If no one wants to step up the plate to do something like this, I could.

-Robert

so shipping is $33.71. i need a buddy to go in on a order and save shipping money. if i get one body thats $79.00.

You could ship the bodies for $11 or less by USPS flat rate, or I think even cheaper first class.

Save about $15 to 20 this way vs having them shipped to you individually.

If no one wants to step up the plate to do something like this, I could.

-Robert

good idea. i would be in. i'm curious if the have em in stock

Edited by JohnnyWadd

This thing shipped stupid fast. I was expecting to wait a month or more. Showed up on the 7th, but I missed the delivery so I picked it up yesterday:

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr71/dmyers151/January_2011/HPIM1734.jpg

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr71/dmyers151/January_2011/HPIM1732.jpg

The front bumper and airdam are a separate piece, I'm not sure how they expect me to go about mounting it. Nonetheless, I'm pretty pumped.

This thing shipped stupid fast. I was expecting to wait a month or more. Showed up on the 7th, but I missed the delivery so I picked it up yesterday:

The front bumper and airdam are a separate piece, I'm not sure how they expect me to go about mounting it. Nonetheless, I'm pretty pumped.

Did the packaging indicate the width of the body? Looks like you can mount some leds to the body then attach the bumper cover over it for the fogs!

Edited by SFBMX88

yeah thats pretty common for some of the smaller boutique body makers to have a seperate part for bumpers etc, it makes the molds more accurate! just attach the nose with automotive silicone, double sided tape or velcro. my two turned up today, EMS shipping such as this is usually under a week anywhere in the world, thats why its expensive, as it's quick, tracked & insured..

i've already got my first one cut out and mounted on a TA03F, looks awesome so far :)

ps if you're gonna paint any black parts such as the window molds, do them before painting the rest of the car, as black will show through otherwise!

oh and use water & dishwashing liquid and a sponge to clean the mold release agent off the inside before spraying, and pull the overspray film from the outside before applying the stickers!

yeah you have to use paint meant for polycarbonate (lexan) as normal paint will fall off due to it not bonding properly and also not being flexible..

i almost always use Tamiya PS paints :) plus theres other brands like pactra etc, just make sure its meant for painting the INSIDE of a poly/lexan shell.

there's a few how to's on www.tamiyaclub.com

I should have emailed Banzai on the cost of the combined shipping last night. Apparently these things weigh up 2.6lbs (ha) in shipping weight. We'll see if it's a big enough savings. I did check USPS and looks like they can do shipping for under $10.

-Robert