Teenage members?

QuestFan

My dad got an 86 ESIR new when I was 13, and I've been in love with them ever since. Got my first one for myself in late 2002 when I was 29, and have had a total of 10 of them since then.

I dunno how many members here are in their teens, but I bet 60-70% of the members are under 25.

Edited by Burton

I was 16 when I bought my first Conquest. I've had MANY since that first car. I wish I still had it but unfortunately it got totaled. I haven't been able to find one just like that first one, as far as personality goes...which really blows.

I'm 25 now...on SQ #8 now. Tried to give up plenty of times....but they just keep finding their way to me.

Bought mine a little over a year ago (i was 18) and still have it plus a parts car, so grand total of 2 :) fun little cars but it seems like i fix it for 3 months then drive it for 3 months then fix it again for 3 months and so on and so on... :mad: But its fun, and i've learned a lot... :wub:

I am really glad to see all the input from everyone and it was exactly what I wanted to hear. It pretty much seems everyone got a SQ in their teens and have went through the same stages I am going through now. And as for my friends, they may all say my car is a POS and its a waist of money but the thrill of owning something so unique and the learning experiences that come with it are all worth it. Actually, I have had a few people say the only reason they talk crud about my car is from jealousy. And the random people coming up to me and asking what the heck that thing is and telling me how cool it looks is pretty awesome too. I love my car. :wub: Edited by YoungQuestFan

women in their 30's-40's know what they are the most ive noticed, i dont know why but ive had more women that age complement my car and know what it is that anybody else lol Edited by ScooterDoob92

I always hated the people that would walk up to you...

"thats a Conquest, right?"

Me- "Yes,"

"I used to have one, biggest POS I ever owned."

Me- "Oh, cool. You're a dumbarse." :P

lol, glad I don't have that problem cause no one around here knows what it is except my family. One thing is for sure though, everyone knows it's mine and I drive it cause friends of my dad's will call him randomly saying I just saw your son doing 100+ past the high school or down the highway. :(

In late! haha.

I got the car back in the first week of march. a week later, I turned 16. I've spent god knows how much on maintenance already. All my friends think I'm nuts/stupid for spending so much. As much as that smack talk though, everyone always wants a good burnout or donut or boost pull when they get in.

Then there are the girls. If they haven't ridden in the car, They think its cool. If they have, they usually end of saying the car scares them LOL. Usually because of all the noises...the car sneezing, the open exhaust, heel toe-ing and the revving from it, they always say "It sounds like your car is gonna break at any moment". Most of my guy friends have come to the conclusion they are scared of fast things hah.

I've put so much work into the car, I Love it. Built, not bought. Remember that. I'm putting a sitcker on my window for that, cause I've come to realize it is a statement that needs to be said.

I am now going on 9 months of ownership, with many more to go.

-Justin

Well, I am 19, so I am a teenager still, and this is the third car that I have owned, and I love everything about it. My first car was a third gen Chevrolet Cavalier with the 2200 OHV motor in it (originally my father's car) which I didn't care too much for. That was totaled four months after the title was transferred to me by a 16 year old girl running a light while texting while my father was driving my brother home from a hockey practice. My second car was a 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX which was incredible fun until it was totaled in a deer accident. The Conquest may not have the sheer power that my WRX had, but so far this is by far the car that I have had the most fun with. The Quest looks incredible, sounds incredible (well after I fixed the exhaust leak), and handles incredible (from what I have seen while autocrossing). I also like how when my Conquest is sitting in a parking lot, I always catch people staring at it as they walk by, or getting the occasional "Sweet looking car dude! What exactly is it?" comments from random people. Edited by B1G_M4K