water pump gone..alt gone(again)...what else?

87B71Brad

I have the weirdest cars in the world..........I wash the engines down with Simple Green and a hose.......and the alternators ALWAYS work when I'm done!

And I'm NOT ASE certified. I cannot explain it.

But I've been known in certain circles to run a pretty tight belt from time to time.

Turborusty

oreilly's acually got me ase cert. Its really pointless tho. just some common sense test and such. I wasnt really looking for help but just to vent about crap going out all the time...and wondering why water would hurt the old alt. I know electronics and moisture doesnt mix well but i didn't think it got drenched or anything. really dunno if the belt was too tight... it was just tight enought not to squeal and had some play in it also. The pully line up great also. I'm not a guru but I grew up around cars and built my first engine in the 10th grade. 3.4l outta a firebird and stuck it in my 93 s10. still runnin till this day. 8ish years now.

I'm a smarty pants I know, cant help it. I dont get satisfaction out of it but I just think most stuff is common sense i guess. I just felt that people thot i was dumb, but I know that people doesnt know anything about me and shouldnt. anyways is my car familiar to anyone seriously?

As far as why it happened, I have no idea. But it sounds like you were doing things right. I have had the radiator cap fail because the headgasket was blown and I pumped the water passages with like 22psi of boost and/or a couple hundred psi from the combustion, but it sprayed everywhere. Also from the overflow tank.