I wonder if....

ReneRobert

http://www.holley.com/550-400.asp

Would this setup be realistic for our cars? If so, is there anyone out there who's tried it? I'm just curious as to what peoples opinions are of this vs. the MPI setup.

Really? This setup retails for $1800 and my impression was that an MPI setup runs $2-3k. So I figured after custom work they'd be about the same??

Really? This setup retails for $1800 and my impression was that an MPI setup runs $2-3k. So I figured after custom work they'd be about the same??

yeah, $1800 for the kit. Then you need a custom manifold an adaptor for the TB to plumb it to the turbo, possibly a few sensors, ect ect. So it's not just $1800 for the holley kit. You have to make that kit fit a SQ.

we need to get one thing straight'd out it's not the TBI that we need to get rid of it's the 50mm throddle plate and the small intake runners that are not equal in air flow to all cyls , the most increase from the magna intake is in air flow to the cyl's and air intake

yeah, $1800 for the kit. Then you need a custom manifold an adaptor for the TB to plumb it to the turbo, possibly a few sensors, ect ect. So it's not just $1800 for the holley kit. You have to make that kit fit a SQ.

I understand that, that's why I said after all the custom work for either set up I figured it would be about the same cost.

It depends on how resourceful you are and if you can fab up your own piping. JamesR spent just a touch over $1200 for his MPI with a fuel only EMS.

I see no problem getting around that figure, especially with a megasquirt EMS. That still leaves you a bit of coin to go with a decent turbo upgrade.

Edited by JustPaus_88TSi

I've posted a daily driven 10sec ford 2.3 sohc here a few times, that ran a holley 950 commander. Does fuel & ignition, cost under $700 and was the 1st standalone the owner had ever touched/tuned. Very reliable too

I believe the ford 2.3 distributor trigger is similar to our g54 iirc

Any starquestor providing a proven megasquirt package should be a better deal, all around tho

On a budget, we've seen what a MPI-modified stock manifold did for Frank = one of the quickest street starquest members ever.... choose any turbo