Dead secondary injector??

seanc77339

I believe my secondary injector is not getting signal or gas but I can not prove neither. Is there anyway to test this hypothesis??

If I put my primary clip on the secondary injector...the car does not not turn over or start.

If I put a 9volt battery onto the secondary injector clip...I can hear the the injector tick open.

If I have my friend step on the gas pedal while in park...I can not hear the secondary injector click on.

I just put a 89 ECU in the car to see if that was the problem and the car runs awesome but still hits a wall at 3K and starts bucking :mad:

Thanks for all the help,

Sean :ph34r:

I believe my secondary injector is not getting signal or gas but I can not prove neither. Is there anyway to test this hypothesis??

If I put my primary clip on the secondary injector...the car does not not turn over or start.

If I put a 9volt battery onto the secondary injector clip...I can hear the the injector tick open.

If I have my friend step on the gas pedal while in park...I can not hear the secondary injector click on.

I just put a 89 ECU in the car to see if that was the problem and the car runs awesome but still hits a wall at 3K and starts bucking http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

Thanks for all the help,

Sean http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif

Had the same problem with a friends car the secondary was leaking fuel/bad spray pattern bought new injector and clips no more problems

I am using new injector clips and brand new injectors http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif

K then you have a bad secondary,The car should start with the primary conected to the secondary.It is possable that you got a deffective injector,if the car runs on the prim injector fine then it has to be in the secondary.

For argument sake/devil advocates...is there anyway that it is not the injector that is acting up.

What else should I look for or test for before I send the injector back for replacement??

Is there a linkage between the ECU and injector clip that could be messed up??

What is the best way to test the injector wire clip to see if it is getting a proper signal other then a NOID light? (I have a digital voltmeter)

THanks,

Sean :ph34r:

You aren't going to "hear" an injector open while the motor is running and you have to unplug the primary to do that and then the car would die anyway so how did you try this again?

Sorry about the confusion.

My car is driving and running on the secondary injector. My primary is the injector that is not working. You are correct Indiana for calling me on my mistyping.

Still the same problem.

So, your car is current;y running. If you switch the clips, does it still run? If so, your injectors are good.

If not, an injector is bad. Though Id double check to make sure the clips are connected tight a couple times if it doesnt start after being switched.

d00d if the car is hitting the wall at 3k check that your actuator is opening and closing on the hotside of the turbo. If its stuck closed it just hits the wall when its supposed ot boost.

Forgive me if I didnt call it the right name I forget what the cool names for these things are.

• 1 month later...

Simple way of finding out if the injector is actually bad.

Both injectors should have 12 volts to one side with key on...the ECU provides the ground to fire the injectors. Once you find which wire is positive (12 volts), temporarily attach a wire to the ground side and a good ground. Remove the over valve cover pipe to see inside throttle body. Have someone turn the key on (not the start position) for a few seconds...fuel spray the injector is fine but may need cleaned if it isn't strong or a "weird" pattern.

I'd check to make sure BOTH injectors are getting 12 volts...if not...then trace the wires. Any repairs to the wires needed, do not just wrap with electrical tape...it's fine for temporary repairs, but it is made for home wiring, not a car. A good splice, solder the joint and shrink wrap is the way to go.

Here we go again. I like to refer to the FSM for troubleshooting. On the injectors, you can do some by reading this:1987 FSM volume no. 1. Pages 14-74 to 14-76 Fuel (ECI) System-Inspection of ECI System. I'm trying to get you to help yourself, and perhaps others in the future.I can give you the information on where to find it. But, it is up to you to do the research.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308