East Coast MOD

BradD

Any one heading out for this? Heading down in the '84 with my friend Drew in his '90 Talon TSi. Wondering how many Starquests we will get? Looks to a be a good time and after years of seeing coverage from the Cali MOD I am pretty psyched for an East Cost event!

When: October 16th, 2010

10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

Where: MMNA Eastern Zone Office

516 Heron Drive

Swedesboro, NJ 08085-1740

It's a strong possibility for me. I may tow mine down, it's a pretty long ride from what I recall.

Edit:

Google maps says: 148 miles, 2hrs 45mins.

Less than three hours???? You better make it out! Six hour trip for me and Drew. We are going to head out EARLY in the morning and stay somewhere for the night rather than drive 12 hours in a day!

It's a strong possibility for me. I may tow mine down, it's a pretty long ride from what I recall.

Edit:

Google maps says: 148 miles, 2hrs 45mins.

4 hours 41 min for me 241 miles according to Google. I guarantee I'll get lost somewhere along the way, so it's safe to assume a 5 hour drive for me.

What's this rubbish talk of a trailer!? didn't know you were building a QUEEN!??

Ya gotta drive it someday :P

I drive her on the regular. I just get nervous on longer rides. If I have someone to roll down with I'll be much more willing to drive it. I'm usually flying solo though.

Hook up with us out side NY City, if we go 287 to avoid the city we will be right out by you. Or if we go through the city that only what an hour or so from Munroe according to Mapquest. I will have a good assortment of tools with me, spare plugs, coil, vacuum hose and of course zip ties with me. You built it to drive it! I would hate to see my favorite internet famous Starquest on a trailer, lol!

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on how things are looking around that time, I'll consider driving up for that. ONLY if anyone who lives closer than me doesn't trailer theirs. Lol.

No trailers allowed! Doing a 'shakedown' run in mine this weekend, Georgetown Ma to Limerock Park for the Vintage races Saturday, then Limerock to Hiram Maine for camping,then back to mass. If it makes that, NJ will be a breeze!

Well, I need an oil pump to complete the block, then I need to check my head for wear since it was on the engine that spun a rod and it could have worn cam bearings and it may need to be cleaned out. Then I either need a turbo, T3 mani, or have a stock mani sent somewhere for a T3 flange and Ext. WG welded on unless I can get an internal for the turbo I have. After that it's just nuts and bolts, mostly bell housing bolts since when the P.O. replaced the motor before only put 1 bolt in it and a threaded rod with 3 nuts...... I would I/C piping but I don't need and I/C to drive the car.

Is a Conquest welcomed at a Mitsu meet? JK. Maybe next time, have to change the vacuum advance, no boost and almost no power, would definitely get towed if I pushed it too hard.

Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys know that the location was changed right? It's in Delaware now.

Here's the new address:

Wilmington Blue Rocks Baseball Stadium - Lot A.

801 Shipyard Dr.

Wilmington, DE 19801-5154

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/owners-site/owners-day.do

Edited by 88TSI_Rob