possible chance to get replacement seat covers

wrngwae

ok, lets try and make a long story short. my seats are junk. my wifes mother is a sewing nut. she mad my wifes dress from scratch ok. so i got a 88/89 seat from quickconq (thanks bryen) to tear into. i have an 89 that needs seats reupholstered. so i gave my mother inlaw the seat to tear down for a pattern. so my question is would anyone be interested in replacement seat covers. out of your choice of fabrics or colors. now i told her if she could do mine good she could make a few bucks. i told her like $200 per seat depending on the materials they wanted. and she is kinda excited about the whole thing. so,what do you all think. if the 88/89 go over good the other seats and years are a very good possibility. now is $200 per seat way over priced or reasonable. they would have no holes cut for the levers since the drivers and passengers would be different. SOOOOOOOO????????

$200 per seat would be a reasonable price, due to the amount of labor involved. These are complicated seats with a lot of panels.

Very reasonable. I just got quotes to have mine redone, 200 a seat was the same amount that a guy in the ghetto said he'd do it for. Guy goes by Skeely or "ghetto Slam" He has a custom shop in the deep hood. I went to a salvage yard about a block from his shop and when I asked him where the infiniti was he pulled up his right hand and had a gun in it, pointed with the gun and explained where it was like he was using his finger. I haven't been back there.

Is this a seat cover you toss on or a recovering of the original seat?

Pretty sure he's talking about replacement of the original coverings.

If that's the case, I say, heck YES. I've been trying to get some nice seats for a long time. I prefer the 89 perforated leather though.

But these are smokin hot too:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg1/pagemo/IMG00124-20100330-1756.jpg

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=104420&st=0&p=1015059&fromsearch=1entry1015059

-Robert

yes, replacement....she makes the cover you do the replacing,,,lol... i have done some upholstery in the past. all you need is some hog rigs an pliers and a ton of patients......a ton of stretching/massaging just so you know.

if she gets the pattern down i will go oem replica. but there may be some change in the seat pan too to avoid the ripping that the stocks do. and if she gets this rolling it would be a preference to materials and color of your choosing. which could give you a one off look if your going that direction.

Another thing to think about is what kind of equipment does she have? My mom is a sewing nut too, and I've discussed it with her. She could do basic thinner cloth ones with regular machines, but the sewing involved on thicker uphostery fabrics, leathers and vinyls will need a better, more commercial grade machine to get the job done. Have her practice with a regular machine and some scrap fabric first so she can see what all it entails, then if she is still interested in doing it you can pony up the cash for a better machine.

hey burton that is a very good point. i tried not to bore everyone with all the details but she also does letterman jackets from the surrounding schools here and the sleeves are leather..... so the equipment is all there down to a 4 spool seam machine......so valid point. and that is check....(using a chess term lol)

• 3 weeks later...