89 Quest Build Thread

Frenchi934

oh LAWL. Had no idea it was you, Kevin.

... I'll be trying to keep the admirably intelligent and restrained attitude on y'alls forum henceforth, while trying to add what I know (even though my Starion knoweledge is limited)

Last edit: COKE, if you're still monitoring this thread, I see your updated signature and and sad. Sorry for the loss!

Edited by BIGbCraig

Maybe when you were in high school, haha...

awful to be reading my way thru COKE's resurrection thread and then see it's gone... looked like he did a pretty nice job on it.

Ohhhh no, from here on out he will always be called Frenchi, just like how I am always called Fanta. It's just the way of thigns :lol:

Yeah - the car did it's job, protecting them.

explain

I had an original screen name "Stormhammer" that was temporarily banned. Not having known this, I went ahead and made an alt screen name. I had a hard time coming up with something, and at the time I was drinking an apple Fanta. I think I had started being called Fanta partially to avoid confusion, and also because it's easy to remember :lol: Take for instance at the recent Pigeon Forge meet. Coke's name is also Justin, so if he and I were by each other and someone said Justin we'd both respond. <_<

So... you're stuck with Frenchi. It's too catchy :lol:

I had an original screen name "Stormhammer" that was temporarily banned. Not having known this, I went ahead and made an alt screen name. I had a hard time coming up with something, and at the time I was drinking an apple Fanta. I think I had started being called Fanta partially to avoid confusion, and also because it's easy to remember :lol: Take for instance at the recent Pigeon Forge meet. Coke's name is also Justin, so if he and I were by each other and someone said Justin we'd both respond. <_<

So... you're stuck with Frenchi. It's too catchy :lol:

haha fair enough

More pictures will be coming soon haha

Right now im weighing out my options about how to do this engine

Granted.

Now what are your options and thoughts.

The 40 over block kinda limits you to what you can do for a rebuild.

Now what you thinking?

Granted.

Now what are your options and thoughts.

The 40 over block kinda limits you to what you can do for a rebuild.

Now what you thinking?

Actually was considering just rebuilding it as cost effectively as possible right now. then moving on to suspension and body work. Then when I start co-oping for school in a semester or two and have more money I'll start building another engine with a better block (most likely still a G54 but maybe a 4g...)

heres a few pictures that I hadn't already put up:

Washing the block (completely wiped down with WD40 afterwards):

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8168/sdc10491rs.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7396/sdc10493g.jpg

Here's how we measured the bore on the cylinders:

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/4185/sdc10497i.jpg

Edited by Frenchi934

I would say get your crank polished/ground. Ball Hone the cylinders to de-glaze them and see how the cross-hatching is. Clean up the 40 over slugs, add new rings to them. New bearings, oil pump, BS elimination, JV elimination, and if you have time/money check the head and block with a straight end. These block are notorious for being un-true. A little decking if need be, and call it a day.

Also ARP head studs are more of an investment rather than an expense as they are reusable.

I would say get your crank polished/ground. Ball Hone the cylinders to de-glaze them and see how the cross-hatching is. Clean up the 40 over slugs, add new rings to them. New bearings, oil pump, BS elimination, JV elimination, and if you have time/money check the head and block with a straight end. These block are notorious for being un-true. A little decking if need be, and call it a day.

Also ARP head studs are more of an investment rather than an expense as they are reusable.

Probably going to do something like that^^ and thanks for the tidbit on the studs.

also. it's said French-e

lol

the red tag does say jasper

Probably going to do something like that^^ and thanks for the tidbit on the studs.

also. it's said French-e

lol

the red tag does say jasper

Also, if you need to get a block or something for a rebuild, maybe something that isn't already maxed out, I might have something for you when I get home.

-Matt

Still deciding on an overall plan for what parts to buy. Also still deciding on a few other things such as paint color... what do you guys think about this color?

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/9641/0802tr02znopinationalsc.jpg