Hey guys so im going MPI andI have a few questions.

Here is what I am planning.

FIP FC-PRO-4 kit

19 c Turbo

284 schneider cam

Marnal head with 1.00 OS stainless valves, and Schneider HD6610 springs

Wiseco 8.0-1 Forged Skirt pistons

Magna Intake

I am wondering what size injectors would be good for this set up. I am assuming I need a new fuel pump too. Also what type of clutch would work, Im thinking a centerforce. Any opinons on if something needs to change let me know seen as I am getting ready to buy all the parts, also let me know if I need some other parts. opinons are welcomed

Thanks Jeff

Where do you plan on getting the FIP kit? They are no longer around. Check out diyautotune.com and look into the megasquirt 2 or 3. Plenty of people on the boards have used it. 75lb injectors would work. A new pump would be needed if your current one isn't up to par.

What is the current state of the car you are working with?

Hey guys so im going MPI andI have a few questions.

Here is what I am planning.

FIP FC-PRO-4 kit

19 c Turbo

284 schneider cam

Marnal head with 1.00 OS stainless valves, and Schneider HD6610 springs

Wiseco 8.0-1 Forged Skirt pistons

Magna Intake

I am wondering what size injectors would be good for this set up. I am assuming I need a new fuel pump too. Also what type of clutch would work, Im thinking a centerforce. Any opinons on if something needs to change let me know seen as I am getting ready to buy all the parts, also let me know if I need some other parts. opinons are welcomed

Thanks Jeff

yah. FIP is dead and gone. DIYautotune is definitely the way to go. Buy a Ms2 kit and 12 ft harness. its really not that hard.

jisleyjr is right. 75 is a good medium size.

you also may wanna think about what kind of ignition you are gonna run. were you planning on staying distributor?

A new pump would be needed if your current one isn't up to par.

Im running an FIP board with the Hurricane MPI setup and 75lbs injectors.

Do you HAVE to have a beefed up fuel pump?

i want to stay with the dizzy cause its got to pass CA smog, and i was going to get a set of trilogy turbos injectors, but they are in "cc" what size in "cc" would work?

LOL you wanna keep the dist cause it has to pass smog but mpi isn't smog legal chief.

If you guys could give me a list of things i might need that would help,i can look them up and buy them.Because the motor is going in to the shop to get machined tomorrow and while it is there i want to get everything ready to see if i can get it back out on the street relatively soon lol.

You are going to have to make your own list because we don't know exactly what you need, each setup is different and i know i was buying parts while converting because i didn't realize i needed something until it was staring me in the face. If you are not able to build a good list yourself that means you aren't able to think the whole process through and you won't be able to do it. I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful but i see it a lot when people start this conversion and then a couple months into it I see mpi parts for sale because they weren't able to finish. You need to research the whole process before buying up parts, and it looks like you have some idea of the parts needed. We will all help you as much as we can but we aren't going to hold your hand. :)

If the magna intake is not modded for RWD that is the first thing you need to have done. As jisleyjr mentioned - you will need to make up your own parts list as you decide in which direction you want to go with the car but here is a quick run down that I can remember right off the top of my head that I ended up needing;

Ford 65mm Throttle body + gasket , injectors, injector resistor, header, turbo, braided oil feed hose, custom oil drain hose, custom coolant lines for the turbo, custom coolant hoses for the heater core, some sort of intercooler upgrade, custom intercooler pipes, MANY pipe couplers and clamps, Battery relocate kit, fuel feed line + fittings, AFPR, Wideband o2, laptop or equivelent, custom downpipe/exhaust. You will also need to be mechanically inclined, experienced with soldering, wiring and able to do some fabrication.

I too was not really sure of how extensive/expensive the install would be but I tackled 1 task at a time and it took me roughly 2yrs to complete/afford. Take your time, do things right and do lots of research. Everything you need to know is here, its a matter of finding it. Feel free to contact me as you come across issues, I will do my best to help.

Edited by NotStock88

What ^ said

Read through the MPI forums and take notes on what others have done.there's some great info there if you take the time. I bought parts over the course of about 6 months and did A LOT of research. Then I knocked out the entire conversion solo in a weekend. It can be done but remember it will cost twice what you think it will and be ready for at least a couple "how the heck do I do THAT!?" Moments ;)

The biggest thing in my opinion is choosing an engine management system to control the extra injectors (and timing if you go that route). A lot of people get things all together and the EMS throws a wrench in the works for a bit. Again research and ask questions. Between the bunch we have probably been there and done almost anything you'll come up with.We are here to help

Don't foget to add a sawzall and angle grinder to the list of parts! Very handy :D

Edited by psu_Crash

From what you guys have said it looks like I already have the parts, and if I don't I was planning on buying them. I'm just trying to get the important parts covered and then go from there. I will start to post pics as things start to happen Edited by Fuzzydicerule

• 1 month later...

alright as promised pics

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad327/bratboy5/mpi%20progress/Photo0171.jpg

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad327/bratboy5/mpi%20progress/Photo0172.jpg

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad327/bratboy5/mpi%20progress/Photo0173.jpg

still got to get a few more things but figured i would post up the pics of the motor before it goes back in to its home. lol

• 3 months later...

So she is down at a well known shop getting finished up. hopefully will be running here soon. They pulled the ABS, and i just got the new D2 racing coilovers for her, so she is going to be low and fast :)

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad327/bratboy5/mpi%20progress/soclose.jpg

• 1 month later...

so the shop that is finishing it up tried starting it on friday and figured out that my stock crank pulley is warped. so the sensor is losing track of where it is on the teeth. I was wondering if the Mookeeh 35+1 Trigger wheel is the same as a 36-1 because that is what the shop said would work with the ford EDIS and the ms and the MK1 pulley says it is an EDIS pulley. I counted the teeth and it is 35 so I am a little confused. Any help would be nice on if this pulley will work.

Thanks Jeff

Edited by Fuzzydicerule