This fn car is pissing me off

Ok I have had this car running on ms1 2.2 for 2 1/2 yrs now ! I read countless success stories about edis so I Try (key word try) to do it.Everyone says read the manual it is strait forward yeah right I followed it to the tee and guess what FAIL now I have spark but no farging injector pulse I have 5volts at the saw wire so what the heck is the problem any help i am very thankful for s*** even a good guess

Ok I have had this car running on ms1 2.2 for 2 1/2 yrs now ! I read countless success stories about edis so I Try (key word try) to do it.Everyone says read the manual it is strait forward yeah right I followed it to the tee and guess what FAIL now I have spark but no farging injector pulse I have 5volts at the saw wire so what the heck is the problem any help i am very thankful for s*** even a good guess

okay, your on MS1. so did you do build the circuits to run EDIS?

You have spark because the EDIS module is getting signal from the VR sensor and just defaulting to 10 degrees BTDC. You don't have injectors because you don't have the tach signal

+5 on the SAW is what you should have if MS isn't getting the PIP signal from EDIS.

Like JahJah said, did you do the internal mod required for EDIS?

What input were you using for a tach signal before, VR Input or the negative side of the coil, or MSD or ... ??

You may need to modify those circuits on the MS board too.

Edit: Did you do this?

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1786/v22edis.png

Your answers are somewhere on THIS page. Make sure you are following only the V2.2 setup.

Edited by psu_Crash

First I want to say thankyou guys for the fast reply's yes I do have a flyback board I also did do the internal mods I am going to go over everything 1 more time today at work I will let you guys know how that works if not I am ready to mail it oput to scott87 if he is willing to take a look at my ms

BOHO had a similar problem, i'd check for broken wires, check resistance from one end to the next too.

Good luck!

lets see some pics! sounds like a nice car.

You have spark because the EDIS module is getting signal from the VR sensor and just defaulting to 10 degrees BTDC. You don't have injectors because you don't have the tach signal

+5 on the SAW is what you should have if MS isn't getting the PIP signal from EDIS.

Like JahJah said, did you do the internal mod required for EDIS?

What input were you using for a tach signal before, VR Input or the negative side of the coil, or MSD or ... ??

You may need to modify those circuits on the MS board too.

Edit: Did you do this?

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1786/v22edis.png

Your answers are somewhere on THIS page. Make sure you are following only the V2.2 setup.

I was using the neg on the coil

The "PIP" circuit provides the tach signal to megasquirt, its the one with the optoisolator (pin 24 one end, IRQ-1 at the other). The second circuit is the "SAW" output. I have encountered issues with the optoisolator circuits myself, go through it real carefully and measure voltages on both sides to be sure you're getting 12V on the pin 24 side and 5 volts on the IRQ-1 side. Just to be clear, VCC is +5 volt source (voltage regulator is a good place to get it).

Scott

Well for the records this site rocks the car is running !!!! :)it was the clear flood setting was set at zero(i am a dumb tail) car is runningf fn good thankyou again

Well for the records this site rocks the car is running !!!! :)it was the clear flood setting was set at zero(i am a dumb tail) car is runningf fn good thankyou again

That would do it. Glad to hear it's running! See EDIS is straight forward, it's settings that will kill ya ;)