Vote For Me!

MoltoMario

Quest For Stance Complete..Remember to vote for me guys!

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6784

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3040/4596811561_d132328d00_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1060/4596811627_4ac545d4e0_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4026/4596811695_dfe002a570_o.jpg

Edited by MoltoMario

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Mario dem0n still wins in that catagory...hands down..

Agreed..Yea hes got nicer wheels then me. But I dont think hes going for the stretch and poke or "Stanced" theme I went for. Therefore were different .I do need to step my wheel game up. One day I will. I just have other priorities right now

Edited by MoltoMario

First you have to register to vote.

Second your rim/wheel combination has to look good.

no

BTW least Im not like 95% of the people on here who rock sunken stock wheels. As Idriftjunk said before how can people understand the look I went for when most people on this forum dont even wash or clean their wheels. How are they expected to understand something like stance and proper offset?

There are many who comprehend and understand proper wheel fitment on here..But most use funds in other directions like performance upgrades or feeding their family like me otherwise I would rockin 18's by now..as for washing their wheels yes there isn't much excuse for that..

Aw I need to login http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

fwiw, even if you guys dont like it, I still say you should support a member and their car regardless http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Good point support the starquest species

EDIT: I just voted for our species...yes I had to register and so on but its easy enough

Edited by BrazilBoy

BTW least Im not like 95% of the people on here who rock sunken stock wheels. As Idriftjunk said before how can people understand the look I went for when most people on this forum dont even wash or clean their wheels. How are they expected to understand something like stance and proper offset?

Just curious... How many times has somebody said your tires came off the rims?

For what it's worth, every time I've had my Starion out, people stop me and tell me how bad the fitment is, and how properly-stanced the car is. Keep in mind I have identical specs to Mario [he used my stuff as a base], but 17"s instead of 18"s. :blink:

We must be doing something right if the young kids love us. :lol:

Chill out Molto, Ill try to remember to vote tommorrow, I was going for that slammed/poked look a couple of summers ago but I got distracted and started focusing on other things. Keep in mind, these cars have been around going on 20+ years, Im sure everything thats been thought of has been done before. Give me a month and Ill get on Hellaflush for ya B) .. I just ordered some cosmos. Those tires look pretty tall even though they are stretched.. what size are they?

For what it's worth, every time I've had my Starion out, people stop me and tell me how bad the fitment is, and how properly-stanced the car is. Keep in mind I have identical specs to Mario [he used my stuff as a base], but 17"s instead of 18"s. http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif

We must be doing something right if the young kids love us. http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Yes Dave but "young kids" like huge wings and fart cans too...

Let me start by saying, if you like it, good for you. A lot of the "die hards" here are not going to be as accepting, but it is not their car.

As far as your statement of proper offset......just because it is the look that is popular, or the factory look has gone out of style, does not make it all of the sudden proper. Proper is what it came with stock, what it was designed for.

The whole suspension geometry is designed around a designated wheel offset. In overly simplistic terms, once the engineer in charge of suspension decides what kind of wheel bearing/hub assembly they will use, the offset is calculated to spread the load that the wheel will support, evenly across the wheel bearings. This load includes not only the weight of the car, but also the loads from cornering forces. Changing that measurement is like adding a lever to those forces. Too little offset will shift the load to the outside of the wheel bearings, and too much offset will shift the load to the inside of the wheel bearings, shortening both their effectiveness and life relative to the extent to the change.

Move the offset very far from that design, and other aspects of the suspension can be adversely affected as well, often making steering more difficult, and less responsive. In my reading, the generally accepted tolerance is +/- 5mm (about 7/32") before you will start to see the possibility of damaging effects on the other components.

/rant

JR

Chill out Molto, Ill try to remember to vote tommorrow, I was going for that slammed/poked look a couple of summers ago but I got distracted and started focusing on other things. Keep in mind, these cars have been around going on 20+ years, Im sure everything thats been thought of has been done before. Give me a month and Ill get on Hellaflush for ya B) .. I just ordered some cosmos. Those tires look pretty tall even though they are stretched.. what size are they?

tires are 225/40/18 on 9s in the front. Rear is 235/40/18 on the 10.5

Thanks for those of you who have voted or plan to vote :)

Edited by MoltoMario

this is a FAD i will just NEVER understand.

i cant wait for the first tire blowout, gonna be a sad day for someone. maybe then you will understand why the tires have clearance. but hey i make a living doing bodywork sooo keep on truckin cause i could use some work.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/articles/images/430_20090915_001.jpg

not knockin anyones tastes, but its just not mine.

Two quick things...

1. Firstly, just to comment, I road-race, and it seems to me that while lowered is pretty good, the way some of these cars seem to basically 'sit' on their wheels with the fenders, it does not leave much room for suspension travel, really. When I hit a rumble strip, it causes my wheels to deflect a bit. If my cars were that low, I think i'd do fender damage, maybe not, but it just seems that way.

2. Secondly, i've seen several cars online lately that have tires that do not go all the way to the edge of the rim. Is that the new thing I guess? Are there unseen advantages to this that i don't know? Thanks...personally, it does not look good to me at all. Looks wrong somehow. But to each his own I guess.

Two quick things...

1. Firstly, just to comment, I road-race, and it seems to me that while lowered is pretty good, the way some of these cars seem to basically 'sit' on their wheels with the fenders, it does not leave much room for suspension travel, really. When I hit a rumble strip, it causes my wheels to deflect a bit. If my cars were that low, I think i'd do fender damage, maybe not, but it just seems that way.

2. Secondly, i've seen several cars online lately that have tires that do not go all the way to the edge of the rim. Is that the new thing I guess? Are there unseen advantages to this that i don't know? Thanks...personally, it does not look good to me at all. Looks wrong somehow. But to each his own I guess.

It's not THE new thing. It's just a style that some people like. There's all sorts of styles people get into- Some have lots of people that like it, some styles only a select few. I'm not a big fan of this look either, but it's been around for years. I remember people doing it back in the mid 90's when I was into VW's. It also seems to be a lot bigger deal on the west coast. It really doesn't do anything for performance, it's just a "look" that he wants. If he was into road racing, autocross, or rallying, he wouldn't set it up like that- But he's not, he's into the stretched/flushed look so he built it this way. I'm gonna assume the car doesn't get flogged on and raced all the time, he probably takes it out cruising a lot and going to different shows and such.

There's nothing wrong with building a car based solely on how you want it to look, and not care at all about performance. I took my high 13 second car and turned it into a high 14 second car by adding a bunch of stereo and neon. I love it, and nobody but me HAS to like it, so why should I care what the naysayers think.

There's nothing wrong with building a car based solely on how you want it to look, and not care at all about performance. I took my high 13 second car and turned it into a high 14 second car by adding a bunch of stereo and neon. I love it, and nobody but me HAS to like it, so why should I care what the naysayers think.

Maybe so, but I bet you wish it was faster. ;)