TOTALLY FREAKING AWSOME DAY AT WORK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ucw458

So today started out like any other day. Went to work and the boss said I had a repair call. Me-Ok where at? Boss-At Eddie Van Halen's house do you know who that is? Me-Uhhhhhh YEAH, I have some of his albums. Boss-Huh, I don't think I've ever heard his music. Me-What?!?!????? My boss says he's gonna pick up an album to see what their music is like.

Anyway we drive to his house and he lets us in. We go up to his private recording studio and wait. He shows up in a bath robe on a golf cart from the main house. Really nice guy. I had to fix the AC for the control booth. Hundreds of thousands of $ worth of mixing boards and audio equipment that needs to be cooled by that AC unit. I got to walk all around his studio. Guitars EVERYWHERE. Must have been 100 guitars there. Amps, equipment, playstation, etc. There was a white Audi R8 V8 in the garage and a grey Audi R8 V10 that he lets his brother drive. Plus this cool fixed up 1940s dodge commercial truck painted bright red with a shiny diamond plate bed. Big house tucked away in the hills.

The whole band was there. His son Wolf and the other band members. I got to meet everyone. Talk about a backstage pass LOL. They were gonna have a jam session but since the AC was down it got canceled. But I got it all fixed up and running. I asked if I could take a couple of pictures and he said how about one of him and me together. Awsome, so his son took the pic on my phone.

That was a pretty cool day. And I got paid to be there, Woo Hoo. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/ucw458/Van%20Halen/MeandVanHalenthumbsup.jpg

Edited by ucw458

my left or your left?

Does everything have to be spoon fed to you? Can't you figure this out? I was there to fix the AC right. Which one in the pic has a company shirt on? Jeezus man use your head. :rolleyes:

Does everything have to be spoon fed to you? Can't you figure this out? I was there to fix the AC right. Which one in the pic has a company shirt on? Jeezus man use your head. :rolleyes:

I'm being sarcastic.

Cool day for you! Did they play any at all while you were there? Either way, Im sure it was a day you wont soon forget.

BC_99

Nah the control room was too hot. It was probably 90 deg in there with all that equipment running. The AC had frozen over so I had to leave it off so the ice could melt. By the time I got it running and cooled off everyone had left. Just me all alone in his studio.