Students Sent Home for Wearing U.S. Flags on Cinco de Mayo

NotStock88

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That thing screams "photoshop" but people see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe.

Even if it was real, it would be one idiot amongst thousands and even then there is growing evidence that the Tea Baggers are "salting" their opposition protests with outrageous signs.

well. for one to believe that sign was real you would really have to ignore all the glaring inconsistencies.

it's at a rally where everyone has printed sign and this one is hand made.

it's done on blank poster board that has no shading or natural shadows.

somehow, it's was painted with a small air brush, using two colors of paint, instead of written with a standard black sign marker.

the usage and syntax of the wording is americanized english, and not indictative of uneducated street spanish (mexican).

there are a ton of american flags on display, implying this march is 'pro-america'.

there are a ton of american flags on display, implying this march is 'pro-america'.

Funny you should say that. The last time there was a huge mexican rally here in dallas back in 06 I believe, they were all waiving mexican flags. It caused such an uproar by so many they changed them to american flags to shut people up.

well. for one to believe that sign was real you would really have to ignore all the glaring inconsistencies.

somehow, it's was painted with a small air brush, using two colors of paint, instead of written with a standard black sign marker.

the usage and syntax of the wording is americanized english, and not indictative of uneducated street spanish (mexican).

ok fine, you believe its fake. you made you point.

Wasnt' the original topic on Cinco De Mayo? As it's already been said, it's a Mexican American holiday that got started with the Chicano Movement as way to demonstrate pride of Mexican heritage. But, it is an American holiday only, no where in the country of Mexico is this day even recognized other than for it being in their history books.

The question that arises from this is just a matter of self expression, peoples right to free speech and common sense. No doubt the young men wearing the American flag shirts have an undeniable right to express themselves. But if you put it in the context of a so called "holiday" that is specific to one ethnic group, it could be contrued that their actions were a calculated form of protest. Now, the school officials might have sent them home for several reasons including to prevent the instigation of a racial riot or conflict erupting in the school as well preventing those young men from being injured by an angry group.

If you flip that situation around and lets say you take a group of people celebrating southern pride by having a Confederate theme event and you throw in a group of celebrating black pride and racial equality, things could get ugly! You get where this is going.

The writer of that article is clearly biased and a jack hole. Mexican Americans celebrating Cinco De Mayo and illegal immigration are two completely different subjects.

How about the high school where kids took down the American flag then put on a Mexican flag and re-installed the American flag upside down under the Mexican one. Our federal government sucks. This country is going to fall from the inside not an attack from another country. They all already "live" here and the government does nothing to stop it.

http://chrysops.com/images/mexicanrally.jpg

wow, you are clever.....looks just as good the real pic.

i'd like to see any with photoshop write something different, and make it look real, like the original.

if you look through the link i gave, numerous people that know photoshop well had a look at it, and concluded it was real.

How about we just invade mexico. They are a threat to us, with their signs and stuff. Plus they have oil.

Seriously the only long term solution is to change the way their goverment works.

Or...because they come here for work, we could move all our factories out of commie China

and put them just south of the border. That way they can stay there, and we could have access to jobs down there too.(jobs they dont want to do)

I'm sure they will let us come through the border to work...right?

wow, you are clever.....looks just as good the real pic.

i'd like to see any with photoshop write something different, and make it look real, like the original.

if you look through the link i gave, numerous people that know photoshop well had a look at it, and concluded it was real.

"hey guys, the site that i frequent which is filled with anti-immigration, anti-mexican, gun huggers who believe all society will crumble within their lifetime thinks that the image is real."

hmmm, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say the survivalistboards might be a little biased in thier tendency to claim that sign is real. just saying. I'm trying to be as skeptical of the whole thing.

Patra, don't be such a child. Through every forum experience i've encountered, i've yet to meet a more broadly educated group as with those you attempt to ridicule. Tact my friend, you have none.

Your reasoning for why it screams photoshop are comical though.

As per a Forensic Artist/Document Examiner for a large police dept, the signs are indeed hand written by the same person.

All you had to do was be realistic, is that too hard?

Here, realistic. It seems fake to me because it looks like this when zoomed in on.

post-1437-127352577169_thumb.jpg

i'm not ridiculing any group JP. but reading through that forum they do take an anti-immigration anti-mexican stance. and, the whole basis of that forum is surviving and a post society or out of society, and to take part in such things would imply that you either actually think such skills will be needed in one's lifetime, or, you just like to play pretend.

it screams photoshop because it looks fake. I don't have photo software to allow me to zoom in as you have. my reasons are laughable? all or just some?

i'm not ridiculing any group JP. but reading through that forum they do take an anti-immigration anti-mexican stance. and, the whole basis of that forum is surviving and a post society or out of society, and to take part in such things would imply that you either actually think such skills will be needed in one's lifetime, or, you just like to play pretend.

You're mocking them and their ideals/beliefs because A) it goes counter to your personal perspective, and B) it doesn't fall in line with your political ideologies.

Preparation is exactly the same when applied to differing scenarios, be it fixing a shredded accessory drive belt on the side of the road or enduring a societal collapse of an unknown duration. Both things happen. "Post society" doesn't equal apocolyptic proportions. Think of Katrina and New Orleans, the vast majority of people had zero clue what to do other than depend on someone else to care to their needs after it was too late.

So yes, many many people actually think such skills will be beneficial in their lifetimes. Why? Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. It's that simple. What has anyone ever lost due to additional knowledge?

In every cultural subgrouping, you'll find the pendulum swings quite equally and just like the media sensationalizes stories of strife, those who are most inclined to lean to the extreme side of things are often the most vocal. Sifting through the garbage that is mainstream media or fanatical forum postings is required to objectively form opinions and efficiently absorb pertinent information to whatever you're interested in.

it screams photoshop because it looks fake. I don't have photo software to allow me to zoom in as you have. my reasons are laughable? all or just some?

It's not my picture either, I didn't zoom into it. It actually comes from the "crazy gun/survivalist people" forums.

Let's see.

Yep, the two printed signs in fronts, versus the two handmade signs visible. Ummm.... Okay?

Actually, yes there are natural shadows present. Judging by the shadows on other people, it's likely around noon(slightly before or after depending on which direction the camera is facing), and the sign appears to be tilted ever so slightly forward. The top of the sign itself is worn/bent right above the "Give" in such a way to let the sunshine reflect off of it.

And no. That is hand written with a marker, as the "A's" are the dead giveaway with their double stroked starting points. Have you always seen single color demonstrative signs? I'd say they're vastly outnumbered by multiple color examples.

You're making a pretty broad assumption. Isn't it equally plausible to think that he just might know english, as it is to think that he just came from Sonora that morning?

That means nothing i'm afraid, and it implies nothing of the sort. It's a socio-political chess move. The first time we had a good sized rally due to the passage of employer sanctions laws here in AZ, they all came out proudly displaying the flag of Mexico. The next day and throughout the week, the fallout came. Popular local perceptions(questioning the usage of Mexican flags) drove their community and political organizers to put a stop to that as best they could.

Edited by JustPaus_88TSi

Jus does it realy make any diff,,more people will see the posible fake many times more then they see the oreg , the oreg is over and done this will go on for a long time real or fake ,,people see it on the internet so it must be real right :)

Jus does it realy make any diff,,more people will see the posible fake many times more then they see the oreg , the oreg is over and done this will go on for a long time real or fake ,,people see it on the internet so it must be real right :)

That is why it makes a big difference.

It is being used by the far right, ultra conservative, tea bagging groups as an example of how terrible "other" people are and there are a lot of under educated people that believe them.

That is why it makes a big difference.

It is being used by the far right, ultra conservative, tea bagging groups as an example of how terrible "other" people are and there are a lot of under educated people that believe them.

Why how tolerant and "educated" you are Mike. Paint people you don't personally align yourself with as those who put genetalia on others faces. Cute Mike, cute. :rolleyes: That's okay, hypocritical insults in lieu of substantitive arguments are about what I can expect from most liberals. All feeling, no content and a regressive thought process seems to be the modus operandi most of your ilk feels comfortable with.

Mike, going back to that link you posted. It insinuates that the entire picture is real except for the bottom posterboard about Az cops. That makes the top portion real, right?

Should I skip the idea that those demands are seemingly a defacto democrat voter in the making spewing such an entitlement attitude it could be mistaken as coming from a prepubescent "daddy's little girl" princess type?