empty street + donuts = reckless ?

Alsandr

also, 'reckless driving' requires 'wanton disregard for public and personal safety and property'. so, actually getting busted for reckless is hard because you had your seat belt on, and there was nothing to crash in to, to the best of your knowledge. so you get off on a technicality and the ticket gets lowered to either exhibition of speed or disturbing the peace.

if you REALLY want to know how to break the law, you need to go down to your local law library and get ALL the descriptions of various laws (reckless, felony speeding, public endangerment, exhibition of speed, etc etc) that way, as long as you sorta stay on the good side of felonies, the charges just turn to misdemeanors when you go to court. but, you have to be smart enough to understand the laws.

also, 'reckless driving' requires 'wanton disregard for public and personal safety and property'. so, actually getting busted for reckless is hard because you had your seat belt on, and there was nothing to crash in to, to the best of your knowledge. so you get off on a technicality and the ticket gets lowered to either exhibition of speed or disturbing the peace.

if you REALLY want to know how to break the law, you need to go down to your local law library and get ALL the descriptions of various laws (reckless, felony speeding, public endangerment, exhibition of speed, etc etc) that way, as long as you sorta stay on the good side of felonies, the charges just turn to misdemeanors when you go to court. but, you have to be smart enough to understand the laws.

I think I just might have to do that... ^_^

Somebody here a while back had a crank scraper (I think that's what it was called) that allowed the crank enough room to rotate, but blocked off all the free air in th pan. I'd think that would keep your oil in the sump, even in the midst of donuts.

On another note, if you call the cops and mention the word donuts, they're liable to get po'd. Either because they missed out with their coffee, or they think you're making fun of them missing out with their coffee.

I had a neighbor come complain at me for "flying through the neighborhood" even though I didn't even take the car out of first gear.. No squealing tires, just a few pulls in 1st. I was like "I didn't take it out of first gear, which only goes to 35..." and he said "I dont give a s*** how fast you were going!" "So whats the problem?" Then he threatened to park his giant red neck truck on my car yadda yadda. Tool.

Are those the final welds? That wont come lose?

Yes those tack welds will hold. It's not structural. My baffle is actually an angle bracket I made out of 16ga sheetmetal. Oil can flow under it but most of it acts as a scoop to catch the oil and keep it in the sump area. Well the oil can still get out but at least this will slow it's departure.

I tested it out with 5 quarts of water with and without the baffle. Me simulating a quick launch over the kitchen sink was a good enough test for me. The sump area stayed full with the baffle and without the baffle about half the water emptied out of the sump area.

Edited by ucw458

i understand how that would help the oil from sloshing back, but if your doing donuts or drifting, the oil is sloshed to the side, not the back.. there needs to be a way to keep it from going to the side... lol..

In all honestly, it was like 2 circles. Just enough to let out some pent up emotion, but now I may have to find something to do to get out the aggression this dude caused.

I find shooting guns in the air gets out aggression, do that, then see which your neighbor prefers, donuts or gunfire.....