Pandora radio rulz

quikconq

pandora radio sucks ballstiny!..

Jango.com is better...dono if its an app yet tho..but when it becomes an app. im sure it will surpass Pandora POS app.

Daniel

Edited by dstar88

it plays wat is in the catagory,,you can bookmark songs,,and yes they play songs that

match close to songs you like

i hear there is a group only,,type stations,,but im fine with the genre type stations

personally i like

industial,techno,trance

but At&t 3g areas ,suk in my area,,go figure

definitely better than regular radio,,zero commercials and you dont hear the same song in the next hour

or ever for that matter

I have it on my droid. It's pretty cool. If you listen to the same station for a while the songs repeat, which is sucks. I like listening to it while I play games or browse the web. BTW, no problems with 3g areas here. Edited by intense98rt

Eh. It's free, that's good. I'd just rather they have "stations" set for the type of music I want to listen to. Instead of getting my hopes up by searching for a song title and then it never playing it. And 6 skips per hour... come on now.

Winamp radio/shoutcast needs to get into the smartphone packaging, that would rule.

-Robert

i know you wanted it to be an "app only" thread but

i use pandora and last.fm, pandora is nice because its hella simple, but last.fm i think is more accurate and gives you alot more info about the artist, which i like.

pandora does do a good job with the electronic stuff tho, been on a dubstep binge for a few weeks now.

Edited by conquest707

• 1 month later...
what sux about pandora is your are limited to the number of hours you are able to listen to for free per month. I usually run out on day 10. I found slacker does not do this. I also like redbullmusicradio app too.

anyone else using this music app???

i definitely think its about the best music app

Been rocking it as the only radio in my Starion for well over a year now and Love it. I do have it through an amp to the factory speakers.

what sux about pandora is your are limited to the number of hours you are able to listen to for free per month. I usually run out on day 10

O yeah? I listen to it at least a couple hours a day and recently for the entire trip to ocean city and back. 14 hours total and I have never had it stop on me. I use my blackberry if that makes any difference?

Edited by psu_Crash

• 1 month later...
I know this is old, but I dont see pandora having a free time limit. I listen to it a good 5-6 hours a day 5 days a week at work on my motorola devour. The 6 skips per hour isnt that bad, I rarely run out. IT seems to pick stuff I like almost every time. Its easy to get around the 6 skips per hour though, I just have a few sations for each genre I like. When I run out of skips I switch stations. I listen to alot of stuff, if you let it go long enough it will eventually throw in some cross genre stuff, thumbs down it will never play anything like it again. Thumbs up and it will slowly add in stuff from the cross genre. I have one station that plays everything from the beetles to rascal flatts to nirvana, to led zeppelin. It literally plays everything i like and nothing I dont.

When I started using pandora about 2 years ago, it was only a desktop app at that time. And they did have a free-time time limit then. I can remember running out of time at work during the 1st or 2nd week, which put me off it for quite awhile. Then I heard they released the app for my Droid and gave it a shot again. Been a heavy user and it has thrown up an expiration yet. The screen ads are tiny and only a single 30sec or so audio ad every 1/2 hour or so on the free service.

I also use the band focused stations which is nice. The station will play a sonng by the actual band about once every 3 to 5th song, and the other artists it plays are generally pretty close in comparison.

The only thing I havent figured out yt is the thumbs up/down deal... there might be a song a station plays I like - but it may not pertain to the genre or artist. So if I thumbs down it, it wont play it again - jsut for that station or any station? Like I said the song may be decent, I may like it, but I may not want it for just that station. So if I thumbs down it - does it ruin my chance to hear it on another station too?

Other than that... cool app.