Need a CARFAX ASAP

SQF

First......

Anyone able to run a carfax for me? I'm driving down to PA (two hours away) to pick up a RAM 1500 that I went and drove last week. If anyone has a current CARFAX listing please email me SQF1@Frontiernet.net. I'll pass along the VIN.

EDIT: Here's the VIN

1D7HA18N53J665180

Second, flipped the Aztek last week (hence the need for a new vehicle). I'm ok, my father told me it looks better upside down.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/mamamiaof4/Mikes/aztek.jpg

Second, flipped the Aztek last week (hence the need for a new vehicle). I'm ok, my father told me it looks better upside down.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/mamamiaof4/Mikes/aztek.jpg

I agree :P

your father is a wise man.

You do know that only a handful of states even report Carfax info, right? It's next to worthless.

I've had 2 totalled vehicles and one with $17k worth of repairs....and they all come up clean on Carfax

Even my currebt Durango has evidence of beinf damaged (cheap, easily chipped paint on aftermarket body panels) and it' comes up clean as well.

But more importantly, I'm glad you're OK Mike!

Turborusty

Yeah, if I had to do it (rollover) it was the best of circumstances. I wasn't drinking, the two guys I drove to Buffalo with decided to stay over so I was alone (they wouldn't have been wearing their seat belts), two other guys from work were about a mile behind me so they gave me a ride home and of course no one got hurt. I'm just pissed because I put a brand new JASPER long block in it less than 20k miles ago. No, I didn't ask about buying it back and pulling that motor because it would have been more trouble than I am willing to go through.

This RAM is a 1500 Quad cab (full 4 doors), 80k miles w/ the 4.7, manual without four wheel. There is a power steering leak that looks like it's the pressure hose leaking a bit right where it goes into the rack. I'm just looking for something that will get me through another three years with little trouble. I put more miles on the bike than I do my car anyhow. It'll be nice to have a pickup though.

Love Burn Notice BTW Tim.

Rusty, if you don't have anything nice to say (about carfax) then shut the hell up. HEHE

I got a carfax 30 day trial about 2 years ago and I pulled aobut 40 vins for members here. strang thing, my own quest that I've owned for 19 years doesn't even exist according to them. Even my never registered prototype shows up, but not my 86 that I daily drove for years.

I wouldnt' put too much faith in it after that. Someone mechnicaly inclined like you shoudl be able to spot enough of the pertinant warning signs. If you can't spot it, it's probalby fixed right anyway.

They all have power steering leaks, I wouldn't let it bother you too much. I've got a '99 Ram 1500 with 43k on it and the box leaks a little bit from the pitman arm shaft seal.

Glad your okay after the rollover, and best of luck with your potential new purchase.

I checked it all out and drove it and everything looks good to me. Well worth the price anyhow. I'm stealing it for under 6k. I can't get a 99 extended cab for under 6k up here. I'm not going to "not" buy it because of a carfax report. I was just curious.

Yeah, I mean, its a risk either way. If nothing looks fishy or out of place, then what can you do?

That aside, I'm moreover glad to see that you're alright. I'd hate to see how much that roof/rear collapsed.

SQF.....as was mentioned to me by another member as well. I should remind you to check the oil out. Pull the dipstick and open the filler cap & have a look inside for the watery sludge that some of these get.

It typically happens in wet, cold climates; and usually from short trips that never really warm it up enough to burn off the condensation that forms inside them.

I've had a couple with no issues at all, but the 4.7 is known to be prone to it.

just a CYA additoin is all.

Turborusty

Thanks Rusty, the Enfield gets the mayo as well, especially considering I am still riding it back and forth to work in 0 degree temps.

I just change the oil more frequently.

That aside, I'm moreover glad to see that you're alright. I'd hate to see how much that roof/rear collapsed.

About this much, this is a poor angle. It doesn't look as bad as it actually is from this shot.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/mamamiaof4/Mikes/DSCN3377.jpg

They shoulda put a plastic roof on those things like the did 90% of it... Then you probably could have pushed it over and drove it home and never knew the difference! :lol: Edited by logikfive

I was planning on driving down tomorrow to pick the truck up but my bank put a 5 business day hold on the insurance check I deposited yesterday. The guy I'm buying it from doesn't know if I can pay with credit card. His Dad runs the business and is out of town right now. He is supposed to call me tonight to let me know. If he can't then I have to wait another week before I can go get it. It's like getting a cool present for Christmas and finding out that it didn't come in time and all you get is a picture to look at for another week.......

If you total a vehicle it would show up on a carfax as a salvaged title, if you reported it to your insurance.

Yeah, but see - take my Conquest for instance. I flipped it and smashed it into a tree. As far as carfax, and my insurance company is aware, it was never wrecked.