Vasectomy

Kreal

Burton is right...IUD is the way to go....while it does ad risks to the woman it takes away like 19 other possibilities....especially the moodiness/psycho/crazybitch/holy hell yelling at me syndrome/omg what did i do this time/ omg stop hitting me/....etc. I'm just saying.....only bad part is you just can't slap one of these on every girl you meet....lol...and condoms suck.....Don't do anything without research and value your families opinions.

IMO Your still young and you should look at the alternatives for now.

Experience much?

It will be fine if you put your sperm on ice, apparently its only $250 a year, someone above said so.

plus, your genetic material is better at a younger age anyway

I can see THAT discussion now...

Chick: Got any condoms?

Dude: Don't need them?

Chick: We dont?

Dude: Yeah, I got a vasectomy

Chick: Why did you do that?

Dude: Because I don't want babies and don't want to have to wear a rubber.

Chick: *silence*

Dude: Oh, don't worry, I have a bunch of sperm frozen in case I change my mind about kids.

At this point any self respecting chick is gonna be out the door. Any chick who doesn't care probably isn't the kind of chick you want to have un protected sex with.

Not that I haven't had a number of drunken, un-protected one night stands in my time, but I tried to be carefull as much as I could and always went for STD exams at least once a year if not twice. Looking back I don't miss all that worrying and wondering at all. There's lots of normal people out there who aren't crack women of ill repute, needle users, gay, etc.. who have STDs, so sadly, nowadays you don't know what you're getting.

I say stay safe no matter how much you hate rubbers, and wait til you find "the one" Maybe she'll not want kids, or maybe you'll have changed your mind by then. Either way, that is a decision you should make together.

Edited by Burton

I dont see that being awkward, most chicks hate taking pills. and most dont think about future kids when you first meet, i wouldntn even bring up the frozen sperm till things get serious.

I think the point most of us are expressing is that getting a vasectomy should be a decision made when he is much older and mature and very sure that he will not want kids, and either already married or well into a relationship that will go into marriage, since it's not an easily reversible process if at all.

Edited by Fanta

And my point about wasn't even about not wanting a kid as much as it was about not wanting STDs.

Most self respecting gals I dated who were on the pill would either wait to have sex or use a condom until they trusted me enough to know I was clean.

Most girls who were on the pill and not really self respecting or "high quality", didn't care if I wore a condom or not. Many times I did, but a few times I rolled the dice. Then there are the chicks who aren't on birth control at all and don't care if the guy wears anything or not. I won't even get into their level of self respect.

My point is that you're not going to find the right gal to bring home to mom by bangin fluzies all the time. It took me til my 30's before I got married, because I had wasted years chasing the wrong type of woman. Be safe and smart until you find "the one", then make the decision about kids.

Edited by Burton

Now a days, going around boinging woman you hardly know and even the ones you do, is not a good idea without a condom. You gotta remember when you have unprotected sex, your not only having sex with that one girl, your having sex with all the people she's been with and all the people those people have been with and so on :wacko:

Living in a LA, I can tell you it's scary to see how many people are affected by STD's, even perfectly respectable people. I know people during college years, at them frat parties who contracted themselves some HIV for having drunken unprotected sex. Them girls gone wild videos don't tell you the whole story! lol

Anyways, a vasectomy is a big step. You gotta consider all your options first because after its done, you realize you are no longer the same man, now you shooting blanks and that in itself is an irreversible reality.

Anyways, a vasectomy is a big step. You gotta consider all your options first because after its done, you realize you are no longer the same man, now you shooting blanks and that in itself is an irreversible reality.

Mine is more like a air compressor now, it just blows my wifes bangs up alittle...lol

Chock this up as another vote for wait a while. Burton said it pretty good, but I'll back it up a bit. When I was in my 20's I wanted nothing to do with the thought of having kids. They were a responsibility that I wanted no part of. Given who I was at the time, I wasn't sure I'd be a good parent, and wasn't sure if I'd find the right girl. By the time I was 35 I'd spent quite a bit of time around my friend's kids, and dated a few with young children, and my take on the "having kids" issue was changing. Jump to now...even though I've got Jessi, and call her my daughter, she's not really mine. We just sorta adopted each other. The thought of having at least one is something I really like these days, but at 45, and given that most of the gals out there for me to involve myself with are in their 40's, the odds of me ever being "daddy" are getting worse every year. I let a couple really good girls get away (who've had kids now), and the women I run into these days are beyond their baby-wanting years.

20 years ago I'd have never guessed I'd feel this way now.

Chock this up as another vote for wait a while. Burton said it pretty good, but I'll back it up a bit. When I was in my 20's I wanted nothing to do with the thought of having kids. They were a responsibility that I wanted no part of. Given who I was at the time, I wasn't sure I'd be a good parent, and wasn't sure if I'd find the right girl. By the time I was 35 I'd spent quite a bit of time around my friend's kids, and dated a few with young children, and my take on the "having kids" issue was changing. Jump to now...even though I've got Jessi, and call her my daughter, she's not really mine. We just sorta adopted each other. The thought of having at least one is something I really like these days, but at 45, and given that most of the gals out there for me to involve myself with are in their 40's, the odds of me ever being "daddy" are getting worse every year. I let a couple really good girls get away (who've had kids now), and the women I run into these days are beyond their baby-wanting years.

20 years ago I'd have never guessed I'd feel this way now.

Um date younger women the..In Brazil most women prefer older men..They are usually job/career secure they aren't skirt chasers anymore and have established a life on thier own so all they need to do is join it..

I am 6 years older than my wife..Now my friend was 48 and his wife was 28 when they got married they have 3 kids and are happy as can be...

Don't limit yourself by preconceptions about your role in society..Yes date younger chicks...

Um date younger women the..In Brazil most women prefer older men..They are usually job/career secure they aren't skirt chasers anymore and have established a life on thier own so all they need to do is join it..

I am 6 years older than my wife..Now my friend was 48 and his wife was 28 when they got married they have 3 kids and are happy as can be...

Don't limit yourself by preconceptions about your role in society..Yes date younger chicks...

Amen brother. I'm 6 years older than my wife too. I met her when she was 20. Even at only 6 years it's weird the stuff I remember and she was too young for.

Guest Kenmarrow

Just do it.. Kids are ungreatful needing pieces of work..will cost hundreds of thousands to raise the chitlins that will sit around waiting for you to die so they can drive that Starquest.. women will love ya fer it so they will not have to take "da pill" and its hell to get her parents permission for them... condoms suck, well they really don't, they just are just condoms and they suck. Abstanence is the best, just ask a four year old and growing old with hairy palms and blind is no fun either. Now for the funny stuff... shaving the nads is riot some might even enjoy it..you heard that if you have a small deck trimming the bush around it will make it look bigger. So this could be a plus to many. The office visit: well your naked from neck down, legs in stirups and ya nads been numbed by Doc.. Nurses in and out asking Dr if he has tyme for another broken d*** repair. After you smell the viens being melted, your almost done. Its been fun so far.. You check out and an ugly nurse ( maybe a drag queen) hands you a stack of cups and says we'll see you soon, bring samples weekly. Now look above and remember the hairy palms..oh joy and the picture of that drag queen just does not help. Your back to work the following Monday sore walking like ya nads are swollen,,, hmmm. all ya coworkers are talkin behind ya back... maybe penicillan is needed.. Now after six weekly refills of the sperm cups your almost done... the hair on ya nads are now in regrowth itching like hell. You think back six weeks ago and say that was not so bad, I am glad I did it.

But after all this I'll say that I went to Dr at 21 for my "V" and was put off due to age.. we, spouse and I had an oops and our son was the result.. He is grown and gone now with his years in my memory that I will never forget. Christmas is around the corner and he is comming home after a year or so and can hardly wait. I did have the procedure done later in life and I still wonder what if that Dr did not talk me out of it the first time. Paul its a tuff decision think long and hard about it..Most "V" can be reversed with surgery, lots of money, sample cups and shaving cream. Children are a pain in the arse, get a dog

Ken

I've never been really interested in having children and I don't think they would fit into my lifestyle very much, I don't even have time to enjoy my own life as it is. I don't have a steady girlfriend anymore and any girl I do meet already has her share of 4,837,803,497 children so I wouldn't have to create one myself. I'm just tired of the 'I may be pregnant' situation that follows whenever I decide I'm not that interested in the girl and break it off. And I use condoms, I'm not that much of a cheapskate !

Thanks for the advice/tips everyone. I'm unsure at the moment what to do here. I supose everything in my life is on the 'up in the air and on hold' status currently. :(

Edited by Kreal

At first I chuckled, then gagged (lous's description), then LOLed, and finally sighed at this thread. Being that SQC has such a large demographic of users you can really see the maturity levels across the ages. Those maturity levels then affect the opinion of that person, obviously, and things get all screwy from there. You're about the same age I am Paul, and as much as you've been doing the "grown-up" thing since your were a teenager, this doesn't sound like a very smart decision towards your grown up life. You have YEARS ahead of you and countless more experiences to get out of your system before you decide if kids fit into the picture or not. I completely understand why you don't think you want kids ever because your life is always in high gear and you have no time for anything. You're not going to have the same routine in ten years so have some patience for a while and then see where you are at. For now, condoms, birth control and you'll be fine.

This is also why God created tramp stamps.

At first I chuckled, then gagged (lous's description), then LOLed, and finally sighed at this thread. Being that SQC has such a large demographic of users you can really see the maturity levels across the ages. Those maturity levels then affect the opinion of that person, obviously, and things get all screwy from there. You're about the same age I am Paul, and as much as you've been doing the "grown-up" thing since your were a teenager, this doesn't sound like a very smart decision towards your grown up life. You have YEARS ahead of you and countless more experiences to get out of your system before you decide if kids fit into the picture or not. I completely understand why you don't think you want kids ever because your life is always in high gear and you have no time for anything. You're not going to have the same routine in ten years so have some patience for a while and then see where you are at. For now, condoms, birth control and you'll be fine.

Was I too graphic? :huh: lol, But it got my point across. I was gonna compare the incision to the Aliens movie where the cocoons are hatching and it splits the top in a X shape. But I'd thought that bee too much :ph34r:

:D

you'd be wise to listen to this man,, unless all you want to leave this world with is a barn full of rust'd cars