Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Interests:-Class Culture-
    Sinatra, Wu-Tang, Keys N Krates
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:41 PM

Hey guys, I recently swapped over to standalone with a Fuel Injection Pro TBPRO2 and am needing some help figuring out a no start condition. I am getting fuel, however my injectors aren't firing and red LED on ECU that is supposed to flash when cranking isn't. Odd thing is she ran just fine before for a few minutes, no hesitation, no problem whether I turned her off or not. Now she won't budge, only on very rare occasion she'll fire for about a second and die. Please help. Also I know this is Murica and there's freedom of speech blah blah blah but if you can refrain from bashing me for buying a system that no longer has support from a company that is no longer in service when for a little more money I could've gotten MegaSquirt, that'd be great. Thanks guys. Btw, you can text me for faster communication at 7072673473
'87 Chrysler Conquest TSI NON-SHP "Diamond"-Walbro 255, rebuilt TB, OVC hardpipe with HKS SSQV, GM 3" MAF, 1G DSM MAF Translator, 88-89 knock box, black silicone vacuum lines, ABS & Cruise Control delete, 3" HKS Super Power Flow, wire tucked... kinda :/, NRG adjustable shift knob, MSD Blaster 2, tucking tire in the rear and zero wheel gap in fronts on D2's, aaaaaaaannddddd stickaaaaaassssss for that booooooooost!

Interested in: CF 83 style hood, CF air daayyuum. Ohh and turbo-to-intercooler hardpipe.

#2 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,313 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:30 AM

contact scott87star and have him convert the FIP to a ms1 or MS2.

amazing things scott can do with that!

great price as well for the conversion.

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP

Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!

Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

#3 BOHO

BOHO

Sucks at life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:25 AM

What are you using for your signal? CR125? EDIS?
87 Starion 2jz

Posted Image

#4 scott87star

scott87star

Technically Challenged, Daily.

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts
  • Interests:Freezing, thawing, thunderstorms and constant wind.

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:41 AM

BOHO is on the right track, you won't get the injectors to fire without an incoming rpm signal.  FIP actually used a few different rpm input styles, CR125, GM 4 pin HEI module, rpm output from an MSD 6 series, you'll have to tell us what yours is now.
Now selling true plug and play megasquirt!  Absolutely the best value in stand alone ECU's out there.

I can upgrade your Fuel Injection Pro firmware

Performance Coatings!  Pistons, manifolds, bearings and more!

Now a graduate of EFI University!  www.efi101.com

ECU Vendor link:  http://www.starquest...howtopic=137426

#5 CarlosFley

CarlosFley

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:05 AM

I am using a GM 4 pin HEI, brand new btw, got some gas on my old one and that's when she started acting up so I thought it was the module and bought a brand new one. Still nothing. Stock ignition system. Red Blaster coil, 89 knock box.
'87 Chrysler Conquest TSI NON-SHP "Diamond"-Walbro 255, rebuilt TB, OVC hardpipe with HKS SSQV, GM 3" MAF, 1G DSM MAF Translator, 88-89 knock box, black silicone vacuum lines, ABS & Cruise Control delete, 3" HKS Super Power Flow, wire tucked... kinda :/, NRG adjustable shift knob, MSD Blaster 2, tucking tire in the rear and zero wheel gap in fronts on D2's, aaaaaaaannddddd stickaaaaaassssss for that booooooooost!

Interested in: CF 83 style hood, CF air daayyuum. Ohh and turbo-to-intercooler hardpipe.

#6 BOHO

BOHO

Sucks at life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:39 AM

I never used that setup so maybe Scott can help you out. But Its definitely your rpm signal as he stated. Broken wire - bad ground - bad module - etc.
87 Starion 2jz

Posted Image

#7 scott87star

scott87star

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:43 AM

If the connectors to everything are crimped go back and solder them all.  Connect a laptop to the ECU, you can use Tuner Studio and it will find that old turd firmware.  Crank it over and look for rpm on the laptop gauges.
Now selling true plug and play megasquirt!  Absolutely the best value in stand alone ECU's out there.

#8 CarlosFley

CarlosFley

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:18 AM

Scott they're not crimp together they have connectors crimped onto each end. That's how I got it, and for ease of installation and removal I never thought of soldering them together. Does soldering actually help with continuity more than male and female connectors do? I heard someone mention that by soldering connections you can end up adding resistance to the existing circuit possibly hurting it. But, you're the Guru, I'm just wondering.

#9 scott87star

scott87star

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:36 PM

You don't solder the connectors to the module, you solder the wires to the connectors.  It does make a difference.

#10 CarlosFley

CarlosFley

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:53 PM

So you're saying to solder the connectors on instead of crimp them?

#11 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:20 PM

Always solder your connections instead of using crimp on butt connectors.
88 Fiji Blue -TSi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, SPA fuel regulator, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

<SOS> http://sosmanuals.minagera.org/
<SQ Garage> http://www.starquestgarage.com/

#12 CarlosFley

CarlosFley

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:28 PM

Ohhhhhh okay, I'll do that then. Any links to good quality solder connectors, or are O'Reilly / autozone ones okay?

#13 CarlosFley

CarlosFley

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

Wait, I wasn't speaking about butt connectors. The connectors that are on the harness and and that I crimped on r spade connectors both male and female, are those still not good for connections? Do they have  Spade connectors that you solder on?

#14 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:48 PM

Those are better but not what they are being used for on your car. Get some srink wrap sleeve and some solder and a soldering iron and solder the wires together, then slide the heat shrink wrap over your work and then your done.
88 Fiji Blue -TSi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, SPA fuel regulator, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

#15 importwarrior

importwarrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,313 posts
    Starquests

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:53 AM

a picture could help out.

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP

#16 FuelinjectionPro

FuelinjectionPro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Interests:CARS!

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:19 PM

If ECU light is not flashing check the IAM as shown in the drawing.

Attached Files

#17 Funky Phil

Funky Phil

Super Pooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,444 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:07 AM

wt....!!!!! Where have you been???
10.95@120mph  https://m.youtube.co...h?v=8Q01UKt5q4U
Built G54B, S364, R154, stock 6-bolt, fireballs

#18 importwarrior

importwarrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,313 posts
    Starquests

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:23 AM

i agree!!!! long time no see.... :blink:

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP

#19 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:32 PM

Are you guys still in buisness?
88 Fiji Blue -TSi
Posted Image

#20 importwarrior

importwarrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,313 posts
    Starquests

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:19 AM

Nope. Don't think so...

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users