batdude8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:friends dont let friends drive stock
  • Model:Starion

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:43 AM

*** NEW UPDATED INFO BELOW ***

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I have gotten us a SWEET deal on a clutch and flywheel kit for our cars.
I can offer you guys a stage 2 or 4 clutch kit with OUR lightweight flywheel that weighs 15lbs for $595 SHIPPED! If you ask, you will also recieve a complimentary Competition Clutch T-shirt! This deal is good only for a clutch and flywheel combo. If you need anything else ie; different stage or for another car the prices will be different. You can Email or Call me at the info provided at the bottom.

The Stage 2 kit is a full face steelback brass plus disc with a performance plate and a bearing kit. You MUST specify what year you have inorder to recieve the correct bearing kit!!! This kit is good for a daily driver who has bolt ons and will hold ~300-350 RWTQ

The Stage 4 kit is a 6 puck ceramic disc with the performance plate and a bearing kit. You MUST specify what year you have inorder to recieve the correct bearing kit!!! This kit can be for a daily driven car who also drifts, road race, and runs their car at the track. This kit will hold ~475 RWTQ

For those who only want the Lightweight 15lb flywheel the cost is $318 plus shipping.

for those who only want the clutch kit, stage 2 or 4 is $400 plus shipping

I currently run the stage 4 in my Starion and absolutly love it! I drift the car as well as Daily drive it. I prefered the 6 puck because it can handle whatever I throw at it and I can still drive the car smooth. Heck, My 75yr old grandmother drove my car and loved it, She didnt stall or have any issues. I think thats a good testimonial about the engagement for being a six puck clutch.

Currently the drill pattern for the flywheel is for the 240mm but on the flywheels that come in next it should be set up for 225 and 240 mm. The flywheel that we offer is not like the fidanza, It DOES NOT have the resurface packs that you install after it is worn.  All you need to do is resurface the flywheel just like you would do on a factory flywheel, and you should get 1-2 resurface jobs on it without a problem, but it depends on how much material is taken off each time. Also, this flywheel is a ONE piece 4140 forged steel unit, unlike other flywheels that are 2 peice and aluminum, the ring gears will not seperate and it is much stronger and less prone to warping like the aluminum flywheels.

If you have any other Questions or Concers feel free to contact me. Thanks guys!

********************************************************************************
We are now taking orders. If you want to pay via paypal, its sales@competitionclutch.com (be sure to include all your info ie; what combo kit you are purchasing, shipping, and that your from SQC) and if you wish to pay with a credit card, you can call and place the order. Anyother questions LMK.
********************************************************************************

Dan McCarney
Warehouse Manager
Competition Clutch
800-809-6598
Dan@competitionclutch.com

Edited by batdude8, 04 June 2014 - 08:55 AM.

88 starion, 1g mas, 19c TD05h 15* clip, 3in dp, kyb gr2, cosmo coilovers, rear camber plates, slotted dimpled rotors, poly bushing kit, short throw, autometer boost gauge, oil pres, and water temp, wbo2, 18psi :)

#2 hschwartz3

hschwartz3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:All internal and external combustion engines, metal fabrication, wood working, antique tractors, hydraulic power

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

Just got off the phone with you and it sounds like a winner to me.

Sign me up for the 240mm/stage 2 kit.

PM sent.
1987 Mitsubishi Starion Turbo 5-speed (Daily Driver)
1987 Chrysler Conquest (parts car)

#3 batdude8

batdude8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:05 PM

PM replied.
88 starion, 1g mas, 19c TD05h 15* clip, 3in dp, kyb gr2, cosmo coilovers, rear camber plates, slotted dimpled rotors, poly bushing kit, short throw, autometer boost gauge, oil pres, and water temp, wbo2, 18psi :)

#4 dart67

dart67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:36 PM

I called you today, I want the 240mm and stage 4 clutch.

#5 jolyrgr

jolyrgr

Midwest MacGyver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:03 PM

I am up for at least one stage4 240 for an 87.

Glad to see this finally come about. Good work.
Posted Image

#6 jwbrocloud

jwbrocloud

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Interests:Mitsubishis, Chevrolets

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

Wow . . . I kinda wish I had saw this before. I just ordered an ACT clutch and fidanza to go along with it for about 300 bucks more than your asking. Good deal though. You should keep this package combo going . . .

Edited by jwbrocloud, 27 January 2009 - 12:08 PM.

Seņor Nube:

1988 L83 Starion MPi       (pending sale to me)
1989 Mirage Turbo 4g63     (running track car)          
1986 White Stallion        (daily SOLD)
1989 FIJI SHP 4g63 swapped (running, SOLD)
1988 W18 SHP 5sp           (Parted and Sold)
1989 R04 SHP Auto running, (SOLD)
1988 R04 SHP               (SOLD)
1989 R04 Auto hard top     (parted out)
1988 R04 5sp               (stolen, then totaled, parted out)
1993 Subura Loyale         (Sitting in a Tow lot)

#7 Maxzillian

Maxzillian

Car Shaman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • Interests:Autocrossing, atv riding, general tinkering, machining, a few other things.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:55 PM

Put me down for a stage 4 kit. I have a 1987, but I'm curious. What differences was there in the bearings? I thought the pilot bearings were the same throughout the years, but I don't know about the throw out bearing.
What's the fun in making something simple?

'87 TSI - StarOrion braided brake lines, StarOrion radiator, StarOrion alternator, StarOrion 2.5" stainless exhaust w/Magnaflow muffler, 1G MAS, Competition Clutch 15 lb flywheel, Competition Clutch Stage 4 clutch, Mookeh polyurethane bushings, ABS elimination, 8:1 Wiseco Pistons, TD05 14G turbocharger, Axiss ceramic rear brake pages, Hawk HP+ front pads, heat wrapped and ported exhaust manifold/turbine housing, Accusump oil accumulator, remote oil filter, NJV head, EVO intercooler, remote battery, D2 coil over struts, flatty front struts and control arms, 8" non-SHP wheels all four corners, 12.75"x1.25" front rotors with 4 pot Wilwood calipers, manual brakes using dual master cylinders and balance bar, gutted (deleted) brake proportioning valve and modified steering pump speed sensitive valve.

#8 batdude8

batdude8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (Maxzillian @ Jan 27 2009, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Put me down for a stage 4 kit. I have a 1987, but I'm curious. What differences was there in the bearings? I thought the pilot bearings were the same throughout the years, but I don't know about the throw out bearing.

The collar height for the bearing clip is taller for one year and shorter for the other. I believe the pilot bearings are the same.

#9 slowspyder

slowspyder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (batdude8 @ Jan 28 2009, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The collar height for the bearing clip is taller for one year and shorter for the other. I believe the pilot bearings are the same.

Can someone else verify this???  I thought the taller throw out bearing was for the non intercooled cars and the intercooled cars had the shorter bearing.

#10 batdude8

batdude8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

Attached File  5049bearing_2.jpg   21.26K   88 downloads

on the left is the 87+ on the right is 87-

#11 Komeuppance

Komeuppance

Amused.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,590 posts
  • Interests:Starions, and Starion accessories

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (slowspyder @ Jan 28 2009, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can someone else verify this???  I thought the taller throw out bearing was for the non intercooled cars and the intercooled cars had the shorter bearing.

You are correct.  Non intercooled is a taller throwout, intercooled is a shorter throwout.

Some 86's and some 87's came non intercooled (flatties)... this is where the confusion gets most people.

-Robert

Posted Image

#12 tsiconquest88

tsiconquest88

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

Awsome deal here!! when does the money have to be in by? Is this a list or can i order later on seperate from others, reason i ask is cus i will buy but gotta be later on as im gettin back on my feet and still not able to work. Just got out of a major surgery on monday. Got some good amount of healing time.
www.eastcoaststarquests.com     www.g54b.com
89 Star ESIR SHP SOLD!!!!!
Black 89 SOLD!!!!!
89 Fiji sold

92 Dodge Spirit R/T
89 turbo voyager msd 2 coil, LSP MBC, Starquest Intercooled (o:  (kids/grocery runs)
89 olds cutlass ciera stock 160 HP 185 TQ (daily driver beater)
00 grand am gt

Posted Image

#13 tsiconquest88

tsiconquest88

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

forgot to click enable replies lol so heres a pointless post so i can check the get email notification box lol

Edited by tsiconquest88, 28 January 2009 - 07:59 PM.

Black 89 SOLD!!!!!
89 Fiji sold

92 Dodge Spirit R/T
89 turbo voyager msd 2 coil, LSP MBC, Starquest Intercooled (o:  (kids/grocery runs)
00 grand am gt

Posted Image

#14 slowspyder

slowspyder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:57 AM

How long is this clutch kit/flywheel buy gonna last?  Im interested but I just dont have the funds just yet.

#15 batdude8

batdude8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (slowspyder @ Jan 29 2009, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How long is this clutch kit/flywheel buy gonna last?  Im interested but I just dont have the funds just yet.

I believe it is on 25 kits. We are getting 25 flywheels, when they are gone its done....

#16 batdude8

batdude8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (tsiconquest88 @ Jan 28 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awsome deal here!! when does the money have to be in by? Is this a list or can i order later on seperate from others, reason i ask is cus i will buy but gotta be later on as im gettin back on my feet and still not able to work. Just got out of a major surgery on monday. Got some good amount of healing time.

Fist come first served. Hope you get better soon!

#17 tsiconquest88

tsiconquest88

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:44 AM

oh ok so 25 sets of each the 225mm and 240mm or is it more like they are split into the 25? thanks btw. Sucks there wont be more. but with any luck the 240's wont be out by the time im ready, how many sets of the 240mm are there if the 25 is a split.
Black 89 SOLD!!!!!
89 Fiji sold

92 Dodge Spirit R/T
00 grand am gt

Posted Image

#18 batdude8

batdude8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (tsiconquest88 @ Jan 29 2009, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh ok so 25 sets of each the 225mm and 240mm or is it more like they are split into the 25? thanks btw. Sucks there wont be more. but with any luck the 240's wont be out by the time im ready, how many sets of the 240mm are there if the 25 is a split.

There is 25 flyhweels and they are all 240mm. There might be more 240mm flywheels made down the road, depending on the demand. There is little to no demand for 225mm so none were made. You can use a 240mm clutch set up on a 225mm car, you just have to use a the 225mm bearing kit.

#19 dart67

dart67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:48 PM

did they come in yet?

#20 Tim_C.

Tim_C.

Addicted Starquester

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,106 posts
  • Interests:Serving Our Lord Jesus Christ!

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:12 PM

Are the flywheels zero balanced?
'87TSi .510Roller Cam, JE Forged, TS Rings & plateau honed walls, lightened rods, race prepped crank, mains line honed, balanced, 17C, 3"EX, 2"HardPipes, AlFly, rrfpr, 88trans, 3.90's w/posi plate mods, polyBushings, STSprings, KYBStruts, Camber Plates, CustomAlternator
Traded for new set of tires for my wife's Buick: '87 TSI Gold that needs just about all steering and suspension parts replaced, injectors, a new transmission, clutch, and various electrical gremlins. New owner is a mechanic who is already driving it. I couldn't stand letting it sit any more!
'86 ESiR - OEM Roller Cam, Wiseco Forged 8:1 Pistons, Chad's equal length header, TEP T3/T4 turbo, ACT HD clutch, Fidanza Fly, custom 3" exhaust, 3 core oversized radiator, O-ringed block, AJUSA metal shim head gasket, Dawes Device boost controller
'85 Plymouth Conquest Auto , Wiseco 8:1, super light pins, shaved rods, hi-torque cam, 2.5 Exhaust
'84 Dodge Conquest Parts car
'83 Starion - Gutted stock exhaust with '87 TSi muffler, New engine with: BS Elim,forged Wisecos,balanced,Schneider274H,marnal w/oversized stainless valves
'83 Cannonball Run II Jackie Chan car, Basic ring and bearing job w/less than 6K original miles on body, steering, suspension, & rear end, Lightened stock fly, BS Elim, Walbro 255LPH FP, NEW Clearwater head with all new parts, intercooled, 14G turbo, 2750 car weight
'96 Mitsu Mirage w/rebuilt head. Gets 35+MPG.
'87 Dodge Ram50 4WD Rebuilt engine, fresh stock head, Weber carbed, BS elim. Runs great now!
'97 Buick Ultra (supercharged Park Avenue)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users