Highly Boosted

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  • Interests:GOD racing and BIG turbos

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (tim si)
mine is -8 an so i just used a couplind and hooked on to the factory pick up.the pickup is metric size but i think i got a good enough seal.i dont know how youd do it with 10 an.what if you just ran a line down there and ran an inline filter before the pump?

you would think they would just make a filter/screen in AN size to hook up to the hose fitting.  I though about doing that too.
No Jesus No Peace, Know Jesus Know Peace                                                               2JZGTE single turbo soon to be 600WHP    griffen rad,AGX adj struts, chrome cobra R's 83 hood, ACT clutch,A1000 pump, poly everything ect, NOS and much much more

#22 mrdodge01

mrdodge01

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Interests:Blowing up engines :)

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:01 PM

That's what I've seen done on other fuel pump installs like that... run a big -an line down into the tank long enough to go to the bottom, then just run an inline filter plumbed into the inlet of the fuel pump...

#23 tim si

tim si

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:57 PM

heres a pic of the stock mustang mounts i used

#24 tim si

tim si

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:05 PM

I just slotted the quest stands in an ''L'' shape to sit the engine down then slide back.with these mounts i had no trouble with the front sump oil pan clearing everything.theres a good inch and half between the oil pan and engine cradle.you will have to use fords small starter instead of the big one.steering linkage is no problem.I just hope the metal holds up at the mount.i put a huge washer on the back

#25 tim si

tim si

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:06 PM

If any of you guys want pics of anything in particular nows a good time

#26 Fuzzydicerule

Fuzzydicerule

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:working on cars

current projects:
    1987 Starion
  • Model:Starion

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:42 PM

you could do alot better in terms of intake, but over all, it looks like you should make some good power with that engine

#27 tim si

tim si

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:36 PM

youre right about the intake but it shouldnt be a problem under boost.besides its the only intake i can use and clear the hood.if it wasnt for that id probably went with holley systemax.dyno test show only slightly lower #s with bbk.I would advise most people to stay away from the ssi intake though.ive had all kinds of issues with it.bbk upper intake hits the bbk fuel rails,it has a built in egr but you have to use an egr plate to get the throttle body to clear the valve covers,bbk fpr hits the intake,you cant thread a fuel pressure gauge into the fpr because ti wont clear the intake,it has to go into the end of the fuel rail,every bbk throttle body ive ever heard whistles like a train,and the distributor hits the fuel rails.had to grind on the rail to get it in.its taken alot of work to get it all worked out,but i think itll be ok now.Ive been having trouble with the hydraulic clutch.i went with a wildwood pull type slave cyl and wildwood master cyl but i dont have enough throw on the pedal the get it in gear.still have plenty of throw on the master and slave.any ideas?im stuck

#28 Fuzzydicerule

Fuzzydicerule

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

current projects:
    1987 Starion

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:51 PM

yeah, that pretty much covers it, although im surprised that it fits better than a systemax, it looks bigger,  have you thought about the edelbrock performer RPM II, im almost positive those are shorter

#29 tim si

tim si

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:27 PM

the Systemax is alot bigger.its mostly a problem where it wraps across the drivers side valve cover.you have to run a 1'' spacer to clear the valve covers if youre runniing adj.rockers which have to be run on the twisted wedge head.the BBK design doesnt come near the valve covers except the throttle body.I finally got to drive it today but im still having trouble with my clutch setup and a couple timing issues.probably get that fixed this weekend

#30 Fuzzydicerule

Fuzzydicerule

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

current projects:
    1987 Starion

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:52 PM

ahhh, yeah, that makes sense

good luck with that man

#31 tim si

tim si

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:37 PM

Well its been awhile since i updated but i took time to break the engine in and work out a few bugs.everything seems ok and me and a couple buddys have started on the headers.its alot tougher than i thought to get everything in there but i believe its going to work out pretty good.we just got everything spotted together right now and itll have to be tig welded together and its off to get jet-coated.

#32 tim si

tim si

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:46 PM

the down pipe is going to be real tight and also the air inlet is a pain to get on but i may try to cut the egr plate down a little.

#33 tim si

tim si

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:55 PM

heres the drivers side.if anybody wants the rest of the pics,go to photobucket and search timtsi album and theyre all in there.ill keep this updated as i go

#34 TSI_SVT

TSI_SVT

Resident of Earth Since 1971

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:40 AM

Looking good! I can't wait to get back to work on mine. I got a few parts to install. Hopefully I'll be ready for boost by summer.
Posted Image

#35 tim si

tim si

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:49 PM

thanks,its gonna be a long process and im slowing down a little but i think its worth it.i really enjoyed driving it while i was breaking in the engine.i wanted to take it to the track first but never got a chance.kinda a before and after thing.it doesnt hook though so it wouldnt do much good.gotta get more rubber under the rear.

#36 BOHO

BOHO

Sucks at life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:35 PM

Are you not connecting the exhaust before the turbo?
87 Starion 2jz

Posted Image

#37 tim si

tim si

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:30 PM

ya its just still in progress.the drivers side comes down behind the power steering pumpand crosses under then ties in under the turbo.my collectors were on back order so i havent got the cross over in these pics.ill post more after everythings together,this pic explains it better.        

#38 BOHO

BOHO

Sucks at life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:39 AM

Ah...IC..........couldn't tell from the first pic. I've seen some single turbo v8 applications where only one side spooled the turbo...I don't know how well it worked...Can't wait till you get done.
87 Starion 2jz

Posted Image

#39 Convette

Convette

I used to driftjunk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts
  • Interests:Going faster

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:42 PM

Looks great man, can't wait to see it finished.

#40 tim si

tim si

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:18 PM

heres a few more pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users