Fuel Injector GP *** POSSIBLE IT WILL REOPEN IF THERE IS INTEREST ***

brianpaul98

brian do you sell the injector pigtail as well. mine didnt like being moved form the original location, lol

do the pig tail need to be specific or will the Bosch work, maybe the sorensen.

I use to have a bunch of these pigtail injector clips but ran out a while back. If you have a junkyard close to you I was getting them off the 3.0 liter Caravan engines that I got the 1.6 roller rockers off of. Any Bosch style injector clip will work but I like the type that have the side squeeze tabs to release them.

Edited by brianpaul98

• 2 weeks later...

if there is gasoline leaking around the injectors are the injectors bad????

my 87 conquest is stock...all it will have is 3 " exhaust, intercooler hard pipes/ bigger intercooler and prolly be runnin stock boost. ill eventually get the 16g...can stock injectors deliver enough juice for that turbo?? could i get some injectors that will run decent on the stock turbo then be sufficient enough for the 16g?i might settle for the 14c. i still have the 87 computer so stock boost is 10 right? im also running the stock MAF. i really only wanna boost max 16 pounds. im not tryin to break any records i just want some light mods and 200+ whp. i already have the 255 lph fuel pump.

if stockies will work im interested. if i need something a lil bigger thats fine too.

Edited by prozack678

if there is gasoline leaking around the injectors are the injectors bad????

my 87 conquest is stock...all it will have is 3 " exhaust, intercooler hard pipes and prolly be runnin stock boost. ill eventually get the 16g...can stock injectors deliver enough juice for that turbo?? i already have the 255 lph fuel pump.

if stockies will work im interested.

Ok, first and foremost if there is ANY FUEL WHATSOEVER leaking around the injectors or anywhere for that matter that's real bad. There is A LOT of heat under that hood and even the fuel vapor can ignite setting fire to the fuel leak and your car is toast. You first need to determine if the fuel is leaking from the injector (blue or black plastic ring) itself or coming from the upper o-ring. Honestly with a 22 year old injector its not worth the risk but its your call.

The stock replacement 650 / 950 injectors will work fine for your setup. I have a 20G @ 18psi, 3" exhaust, 2 1/4" IC and piping and 3" GM MAF conversion and they are still more than I need.

I have these ready to ship out so just let me know what you would like to do.

Edited by brianpaul98

sorry i was thinkin w/o it hooked up on 16 lbs w/ it i am 12.2 to 13.7

Do not ever disconnect the RR fuel pressure regulator, its there to keep the fuel pressure at a constant 1:1 ratio under boost. 1 psi of boost increases the fuel pressure 1 psi. By disconnecting it your asking for a meltdown.

When you get the car under boost you should have no more than 11.7 ~ 11.9 on the wideband A/F gauge. If you are 12 anything you need to add more fuel or increase the fuel pressure. If you keep pushing 13.9 ~ 14.9 you better start saving up for a set of new pistons. I'm not trying to BS you I'm just giving you some sound advice.

Edited by brianpaul98

alrighty bp,

ill let u know ASAP when im ready...im having tranny issues right now but as soon as i sort that out this will be next. im going to break down the TBI and pinpoint this leak...i still dont know how this car is going to drive since the drivetrain is shot but ill be making alot of progress and will get back to you when im ready for some. you can beat 162 shipped...especially if it brings the starquest back to life.

Do not ever disconnect the RR fuel pressure regulator, its there to keep the fuel pressure at a constant 1:1 ratio under boost. 1 psi of boost increases the fuel pressure 1 psi. By disconnecting it your asking for a meltdown.

When you get the car under boost you should have no more than 11.7 ~ 11.9 on the wideband A/F gauge. If you are 12 anything you need to add more fuel or increase the fuel pressure. If you keep pushing 13.9 ~ 14.9 you better start saving up for a set of new pistons. I'm not trying to BS you I'm just giving you some sound advice.

but if i dont pull the vac of the rr fpr it runs super rich

but if i dont pull the vac of the rr fpr it runs super rich

If the engine is running very rich with the FPR hose disconnected then you have a problem elsewhere and you need to fix that problem first. Are you using the stock RR FPR? Tell me where it runs rich - idle, crusing, WOT under boost... When you pinpoint where the problem is then you can determine the cause and fix it. If you keep running the engine the way you are its only a matter of time before you melt a piston.

If the engine is running very rich with the FPR hose disconnected then you have a problem elsewhere and you need to fix that problem first. Are you using the stock RR FPR? Tell me where it runs rich - idle, crusing, WOT under boost... When you pinpoint where the problem is then you can determine the cause and fix it. If you keep running the engine the way you are its only a matter of time before you melt a piston.

w/ the stock fpr hooked up i run rich as soon as boost starts and contin. till i am at idle again thats on low boost bout 11-12psi on high w/ it hooked up i am at 12.4-13.8 at 20psi

w/ the stock fpr hooked up i run rich as soon as boost starts and contin. till i am at idle again thats on low boost bout 11-12psi on high w/ it hooked up i am at 12.4-13.8 at 20psi

What you need is a mas with more metering ability and some thing to tune with. Many have good results with the maft. Once you get the afr flattened out than you can try the bigger injectors. I am using a 2g mas and a re flashed neo afc. It is working really well so far.

What you need is a mas with more metering ability and some thing to tune with. Many have good results with the maft. Once you get the afr flattened out than you can try the bigger injectors. I am using a 2g mas and a re flashed neo afc. It is working really well so far.

I haven't really been able to follow what all you have done to your car through this post but if your trying to run a 1G MAF and high boost its not going to work very well without a way to tune the A/F ratios. You also need to know where your base fuel pressure is at and where it goes up to under boost. If I were you I'd start with buying a decent SAFC even an APEXi 1 would be fine just to tune the fuel curve a little better. Another thing is if you are still running the 20 year old injectors your just working against yourself. I would also ohm test your TPS just to be sure its in good working order. I just found mine was bad last week and it really made a dramatic improvement.

• 3 weeks later...

Brian, do you have anymore throttle body gasket kit avail. I need one . thanks

Yes I have them for $25.00 shipped. E-Mail me at lower.shores.performance@gmail.com with your Paypal info and I'll get an invoice out to you asap.

• 2 weeks later...

im in for a set of stockers, but i wont be able to send payment until next friday. hopefully ill be able to still get on this bandwagon.

Yes I still have them and this GP is pretty much ongoing so if you need a set just let me know when your ready. They are still $162.00 shipped.

hey brian,,,,i think im gonna go with 1600s

ill get back to ya,,,when i have the funds,,,any idea when this gp will end???

just to give me a heads up,,on how long i have

thanx

bryen

Hi Bryen, I talked to my supplier today and they told me that they can get the Bosch 1200's and 1600's no problem and they will be about $100.00 each but the 1400's are an odd size and they haven't had a chance to modify a Delphi yet to see if the flow rate and spray pattern would be acceptable. Right now an 1150cc is as big as they have in stock for the modified Delphi. The Bosch 1200's and 1600's are a brand new performance unmodified injector so they will be just as they come from Bosch.

Don't worry about the GP, its not going anywhere because these injectors are something members are always going to be needing. This GP is pretty much here to help everyone out not to try to sell a bunch of injectors then disappear.

Whenever your ready just let me know when your ready and I'll get them ordered up for you.

Take care

Brian

Are these the OEM mitsu 90 deg spray pattern or the standard mpi 15 deg pattern?

I asked a few injector shops and they don't know what the 90 degree spray pattern is that some talk about. Heres the last reply I got when I asked that question :

Hi Brian,

No, the stock injectors having a spray pattern of 90 degrees does not make sense. They do not go to 90 degrees even Modified. The standard for the 85lb injector is 15-18 degrees so no modifications to the spray pattern needs to be made.

I've also spray tested the factory Mitsu injectors and didn't see a 90 degree spray pattern either. I think it may be a myth but who knows, at $300 plus new it really doesn't matter much because I wouldn't buy them.

As stated above the injectors I sell are the standard 15 - 18 degree spray pattern.

Edited by brianpaul98

• 2 weeks later...