car is a write off

sorry to say, they will be writing off my car. its too dificult to get another one with all the hassles of shipping and importing so i decided to get a new car. they offered me 5000CAD but i told them to keep trying. we will se what happens.

i picked up a 2010 Camaro LT2 RS. i know it not a dodge but there were no challengers for sale at a good price. i hope to have another starion in the future when things settle down but for now the Camaro will have to do. i will be posting parts for sale in the near future. prices should be real good as i know shipping wont be. i just dont need the parts taking up space anymore.

this was a great run while it lasted. gook luck to you all. i will still pop in perodically to check to see what is new and whats going on.

chao4now.

might also want to check and see if you can buy the car back from the insurance company. Ususlly, they'll let ya keep the car and take off $500-1000 from the settlement. If there's enough good stuff there for a parts car and the price the ins, co. gives you is right, you may be able to keep it for parts, or make extra $ parting it out.

Sorry about having to deal with this. I've had to many times before, although they weren't SQ's

Anybody know what i could get for a write off for my car, its been for sale but no one seems interested. Someone called and offered $1200 which is really sad but i might have to take it. If i could get more doing a write off then i might just do it.

Anybody know what i could get for a write off for my car, its been for sale but no one seems interested. Someone called and offered $1200 which is really sad but i might have to take it. If i could get more doing a write off then i might just do it.

So you want to intentionally wreck a SQ and pull an insurance fraud scam just because the economy sucks and you can't get what you want out of your car? Classy.

:blink:

So you want to intentionally wreck a SQ and pull an insurance fraud scam just because the economy sucks and you can't get what you want out of your car? Classy.

Uhh i didn't mean that, i could careless what you think about me anyways. I meant give my car to charity or something so i could get the write off, i've never done it but i've heard you can. Im leaving town tomarrow to move so im pretty much out of time. I misunderstood the thread so sorry fella's.

should have got an SS, they are not that expensive...my fiance says i can get that or an NSX when we get married...lol.

i would not intentially write off a car, or intentially crash one. thats just ridiculous. if you have a car u cant sell...you need to make it more appealing to the public. continue building it, and it will find a home...finish it, take it to car shows with for sale signs...its all about advertising my friend.

edit: if you mean donate to charity...i dont think they offer that much to be honest with u, but i could be mistaken...its been years since i saw someone do it

Edited by spoolinturbo

should have got an SS, they are not that expensive...my fiance says i can get that or an NSX when we get married...lol.

i would not intentially write off a car, or intentially crash one. thats just ridiculous. if you have a car u cant sell...you need to make it more appealing to the public. continue building it, and it will find a home...finish it, take it to car shows with for sale signs...its all about advertising my friend.

edit: if you mean donate to charity...i dont think they offer that much to be honest with u, but i could be mistaken...its been years since i saw someone do it

Man i've tried but i have 2 houses to sell 2 cars to get rid off in a 2 week span, and a shipping company to move my things, Plus having 3 kids and getting my house ready im just going nuts and Im just out of time and don't have enough money to ship it. I will just probably leave it at the house until it sales and maybe ship it then if possible. I just never have donated a car or anything.

Edited by boogie

Man i've tried but i have 2 houses to sell 2 cars to get rid off in a 2 week span, and a shipping company to move my things, Plus having 3 kids and getting my house ready im just going nuts and Im just out of time and don't have enough money to ship it. I will just probably leave it at the house until it sales and maybe ship it then if possible. I just never have donated a car or anything.

ahhhh ok, yea your plate is definitely over-flowing!! very stressful stuff my friend. just take it day by day

Dude i hate life right now, but im doing everthing i can for my family (6,2 and a new born) to have a better career and life. Doesn't help im moving from KY to Las Vegas too. If it doesn't sell then i'll just keep it in the garage til the house sells then i should have the money to ship it. Anyways sorry for misunderstanding the thread its just im going crzy and it would be nice to have alittle extra money to help with the moving expenses.

see, I thought you were talking about an insurance write off- like the thread was about. Now charity is a totally different thing and very noble, although I've pretty much heard from many people knowledgeable in that whole deal, that only about 10% of the people who donate to charity for a tax write off actually get a good deal.

It's not like you get the whole writeoff amount in cash in your pocket. It just means you won't get taxed as much as you should that year so your return might be a couple hundred more. It's really not worth it IMO

Sorry you misunderstood what we were talking about. I just get PO'd when I hear about people pulling insurance scams, as that makes ALL of everyone else's rates go up.

You can only write off an amount determined by what the charity actually gets for it. They'll probably sell it for salvage and it'll get crushed.

Take the 12 if you can live with it and it will take one worry off your hands.

xtreme recently got t-boned IIRC...

Assuming you are in the 28% tax bracket, you'll only get 28% of the charitys trade in value in tangeble $$$ benifit. It's probalby more $$ benifit to you to sell it at $1200 than to try to write it off, they would have to say it was worth $4300 to benifit you $1200, and that won't hit your pocket till you get next hears taxes back.

boogie,

if you have any other starquest guys around you, check with them. Most of the folks on here wont mind babysitting another quest for a friend in need until you cant ship it, since we all usually have a couple laying around anyways. I have made that very offer to a guy before who was moving and had to get rid of the car...ect. Anyhow that might buy you some time to sell it also. just a thought, hope it all works out for you.

BC_99

the car was tboned, well it was a right angle collision just behind the drivers rear wheel. she is still drivable but because the tail light is busted and the brackets to the bumper are bent, they are not able to fix it because they cant buy the parts anymore. this car has been quite reliable and never let me down in the last three years. before they take it away i will pull the 14G TD05H turbo and put the 12 a back on. then i will pull the gauges (wideband, boost, fuel pressure) and the fuel rail and put the old one back on. i will see what i have but for me tu buy this car back then part it out would be rediculous. sure its a rust free car and everything works but the only market for the parts are south of the border and shipping is outrageous. to move the parts i would pretty much have to sell at rock bottom prices (which i plan on doing for the ones off the car now) just so they can sell because once someone realizes what the shipping will be they would never buy any parts. i am still waiting to hear from the insurance company on there second offer. first offer was 5000.00CAD so i sent them some actual comparisons and 110 pages of receipts so we will see what they come back with. i am looking for 8000+ but we will see what happens.

will keep you guys posted on the outcome.

Too bad it's only wrecked that little. Sounds like it would be an easy fixer with parts cut off a parts car. Too bad you're on the other side of the country, otherwise I'd see if you were willing to buy it back and sell it to me for what the insurance company wanted for it.

Hey Burton

it really only needs the inner and outer panels from the mid wheel arch back and the the tail light, and guide plate for the bumper. of course the antenna doesnt work like it used to either so that would need to be replace. there are a few issues here and there but nothing major. a guy with your obvious talents could make a nice car out of this. it is too bad you are so far away.