Carb a starion?

yzrider

no ones asumeing anything about your level of competency , it's you willingness to learn and or try some thing old and some thing new ,spending 30 min reading the fuel chaptor of the factory service manual forward tells what all makes up the fuel control systm and how each part works and what it's connections to the other sub systems is,,

once you know what makes up the system and what each part does and how it effects the operation of the car finding your problem becomes very easy

90% of all the new guys have a problem understanding the engine runs on ONE inj most of the time,,so the injs clips are super important and vital to the engine runing

another thing DO NOT guess at what the problem is,, the proper tests and trouble shooting procedures will give you the shortest and cheapest route to the problem

Rough crowd in here its all good. Im glad the first thing everyone does is assume im incompetent with these things.

The questions I asked in my post above are legitimate questions in my mind, the same one's I would ask myself. If you answer some of these questions, you might get an outsiders view, a fresh opinion on where to look

I wasn't referring to you and i really expected it as well so dont take it personally anyone Im frustrated with the car, my situation and then get some more flak from it and it comes out. I have read the manual more than once and have gone through all the tests in the past. As a matter of fact I was working on my truck and came accross the second copy of the fuel manual in my garage and it made me laugh becuase of how many times Ive had that in one hand and working on the car with the other. At this point I do believe that it is the wiring leading to the injectors. I had to replace the motor because after I got the body work all done, did it my self, car was a rust bucket, and after I got her running well and painted someone at my work backed a trailer into the nose and squashed the nose in, and with it pinched the oil cooler lines. I hadnt seen the squashed oil coller lines and drove it home thus locking up my motor with less than 5000 miles. This after rebuilding the previous motor that got locked up due to the balance shaft (my fault for not researching enough at that time but that was the very begginning of my sq career.) So I have done my share of research and my share of work on this thing.

I wasn't referring to you and i really expected it as well so dont take it personally anyone Im frustrated with the car, my situation and then get some more flak from it and it comes out. I have read the manual more than once and have gone through all the tests in the past. As a matter of fact I was working on my truck and came accross the second copy of the fuel manual in my garage and it made me laugh becuase of how many times Ive had that in one hand and working on the car with the other. At this point I do believe that it is the wiring leading to the injectors. I had to replace the motor because after I got the body work all done, did it my self, car was a rust bucket, and after I got her running well and painted someone at my work backed a trailer into the nose and squashed the nose in, and with it pinched the oil cooler lines. I hadnt seen the squashed oil coller lines and drove it home thus locking up my motor with less than 5000 miles. This after rebuilding the previous motor that got locked up due to the balance shaft (my fault for not researching enough at that time but that was the very begginning of my sq career.) So I have done my share of research and my share of work on this thing.

If it was hit hard enough to crush the oil cooler lines maybe it did more than that. There's a wire loom that passes in front of the radiator through the upper core support. Maybe a wire got pinched there.

If it was hit hard enough to crush the oil cooler lines maybe it did more than that. There's a wire loom that passes in front of the radiator through the upper core support. Maybe a wire got pinched there.

Good point.

If i recall correctly this car has trilogy injectors and the problem was stuttering or bucking or some thing like that.

It has aftermarket injectors stock replacement pretty much though they arent like huge injectors or anything. That was the problem your right but now it barely starts and when it does it runs right momentarily or not at all right.

And the pinched wire is a possibility. I had the front all apart though when I pulled the nose back out and was pretty good about checking everything out in there (mostly because I had to move alot of stuff out of the way to bang and yank the damn nose back out)

And the pinched wire is a possibility. I had the front all apart though when I pulled the nose back out and was pretty good about checking everything out in there (mostly because I had to move alot of stuff out of the way to bang and yank the damn nose back out)

On the right (passenger) side there is a nexus if Injector wires (the fuel pump bypass, and the resistor pack for the injectors live there) . A short or failed component over there can manifest itself as bad injector operations. I would check those grounds on that side also.

Why have you never started an actual topic trying to diagnose your issues?

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_posts&mid=10018&search_filter_app[forums]=1&view_by_title=1

Those are the 9 total threads started by you.

Not to knock whoever it is that was "experienced" and tried to diagnose your car by swapping out sensors, these things are textbook simple and only require $15-20 in tools to test anything electrical, add another $10 and you can test the fuel system in its entirety.

I would suggest a new topic in the VM or AVM sections describing your symptoms and listing in detail what you have tested or replaced, and how you tested it or what you replaced it with.

• 1 month later...
Hey why don't you open up the stock intake and weld a four barrel spacer to it an mount a holley 750HP double pumper . Fully tunable and cheaper than any after market injection setup hands down. Then make your own header out of plumbing elbows (so they won't crack) and mount a T66 on it .Along with all of the other goodies etc..... Then crank up the boost 30lbs + and whoop up on some V8's. hey guys I'm back...

Hey why don't you open up the stock intake and weld a four barrel spacer to it an mount a holley 750HP double pumper . Fully tunable and cheaper than any after market injection setup hands down. Then make your own header out of plumbing elbows (so they won't crack) and mount a T66 on it .Along with all of the other goodies etc..... Then crank up the boost 30lbs + and whoop up on some V8's. hey guys I'm back...

Good to see you back Q. Are you still in Texas? Do you still have all of your old pics of your car setup with a carb?

Good to see you back Q. Are you still in Texas? Do you still have all of your old pics of your car setup with a carb?

Still in Texas . I think I still have those pics of the carb setup and the 12" rotor upgrade on the front with dual piston calipers . Thinking of mass producing that adaptor plate for the brakes . Hey I'm going to that meet in Bastrop on the 14th , you going ?

Edited by Q

Still in Texas . I think I still have those pics of the carb setup and the 12" rotor upgrade on the front with dual piston calipers . Thinking of mass producing that adaptor plate for the brakes . Hey I'm going to that meet in Bastrop on the 14th , you going ?

No Im not going I am going threw a ruff time and ended up selling my car to pay some bills. Now I wish I could go. I have one of your old carb. setups that purchased 3-4 years ago.

I sent you pm.

Dan