Competition Motor Mounts

Casey_L

I was unhappy with the current selection of heavy duty motor mounts on the market today, so I decided to build my own. The design uses a factory energy suspension polyurethane bushing inside a failsafe housing. The motor mount is designed for track vehicles and is not legal for road use.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_VUaI7bsfmok/SoYyhC5pDlI/AAAAAAAABps/MKL16hgG5vc/s512/untitled.jpg

The mount has been tested thoroughly this summer on a balance shaft eliminated car without a fully balanced rotating assembly. Due to the polyurethane bushings, there is a considerable amount of resonance transmitted into the uni-body. I have daily driven on this setup. I would recommend this part to the serious enthusiast that would like to eliminate wheel hop and engine movement.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_VUaI7bsfmok/SoY3bvFmeHI/AAAAAAAABp0/ghxeafQ60L4/s720/3821663173_17ab1d9ccb_b.jpg

*Prototype Pictured

For the group buy, the mount will come powder coated black and will come with all necessary hardware and the Energy Suspension bushing.

The pricing starts at $230 Shipped with a minimum of 10 orders. The final dates of this group buy will change depending on the interest.

Thanks,

Casey L

GP List

ottrocket44

Edited by Casey_L

Just like any other part we buy for our cars on this forum, it is not DOT approved.

Yes it is more or less a solid mount. I am working on using a different urethane bushing that should absorb the engine vibrations better. That mount will be more targeted to someone that daily drives their starquest.

Edited by Casey_L

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hey Everyone,

I justed wanted to let everyone know that this GP is not dead, I just want to wait until I have a GOOD reliable daily driven proven product before I start production. The first generation was far too stiff. I am experimenting with using a 70 durometer or so rubber that is molded into the mount itself.

I will be taking everyone considerations into the final design. I believe I should be able to bring the price down for you guys.

Stay Tuned! Post up if you are interested and I will make sure you have information about the final product.

• 2 months later...