fastest tbi starquest

With that additional fuel the 1G MAS adds it might be a benefit to go back to a stock MAS for those with smaller turbos and an aftermarket FPR so when they are at lower rpms and WOT with some boost the cars don't get the fuel they can't burn if they wanted to.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too young if you ask me. I think we should ask "who's gone the fastest on the stock mas?" That's more interesting.

Coming from the guy who said that is what was wrong with my car. WRONG! the stock mas is the starquest sucks and everyone knows it. why do you think a 1g swap is an upgrade. sorry to get off topic.

Bottom line is the stock fuel injection setup. with the stock ecu.

Kilaphil and I both where on a mustang dyno witch reads 8% lower than other dynos.

For comparison My numbers would be 257hp / 357tq

Kilaphil 300hp / 412tq

that would make killas' TBI numbers even better than kronous MPI 18g

barber went 12.9 on a stock motor, 2 inj, 17C

not much point in this thread where no weights r mentioned

Coming from the guy who said that is what was wrong with my car. WRONG! the stock mas is the starquest sucks and everyone knows it. why do you think a 1g swap is an upgrade. sorry to get off topic.

Bottom line is the stock fuel injection setup. with the stock ecu.

Did I say that? Well, after dealing with MPI and it's problems, I'd almost rather have a stock quest that I could fix quickly and cheaply if something went wrong.

i ran a 9.1 in branson in the 1/8, after driving 700 miles to get there, then drove 700 miles back home. i didnt run the car as hard as i could because of being so far away from home. it could easy break into the high to mid 8 second range with no other changes.

stock mass

stock injectors

stock fuel pump

stock bottom end

20g @ 12psi

91 octane pump gas and street tires

R/T 0.747

60ft 2.105

330ft 5.984

1/8 9.181 @ 77.760

but i have had a 1.6 60ft time with a stock turbo so the driver plays a bigger part in drag racing.

Edited by cyberquest

Cyberquest,

Hell with that turbo and other goodies you have on it now. it better run 8s, Well might need to get an inter cooler back on.

As soon as it starts cooling off and I get a few things fixed on my car, Ill be back at the track looking to run faster.

• 1 month later...

<!--quoteo(post=928396:date=Aug 1 2009, 10:42 PM:name=Dan_Brew)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dan_Brew @ Aug 1 2009, 10:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=928396"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Theirs no link, It is not documented on the boards. Just ask your questions, maybe he will tell you what he has going on under the hood.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

from his thread "MODS-18g,1gmas,3inch ex.,RFL BOV,marnel head,speed hut and faze gauges,short throw shifter,fidanza fly,ACT clutch,ST springs and sways"

just not sure if thats up to date or not

Never got my 88 dynoed but i had an 88 quest auto with 68k original mileage all it had was 83 hood 17c turbo running 15 lbs 1g maf and 2.5 straight pipe on stock head and block sand i hit 160 at 6k and i def think i had more to go i blew by a porsche flying round people doing atleast 120 i beat a challenger R/T in CT upto 140 idk it was fast haha unfortunately i sold the car and the kid blew it up 4k later he turned the boost up to 20 lbs and blew the trans and then snapped the timing belt but the car was bought by someone i know and is restoring it so atleast its goin to a good home

• 1 year later...

Never got my 88 dynoed but i had an 88 quest auto with 68k original mileage all it had was 83 hood 17c turbo running 15 lbs 1g maf and 2.5 straight pipe on stock head and block sand i hit 160 at 6k and i def think i had more to go i blew by a porsche flying round people doing atleast 120 i beat a challenger R/T in CT upto 140 idk it was fast haha unfortunately i sold the car and the kid blew it up 4k later he turned the boost up to 20 lbs and blew the trans and then snapped the timing belt but the car was bought by someone i know and is restoring it so atleast its goin to a good home

all i have to say is HA <_<

• 7 months later...