My journey has came to an end.

TRAVNASTY

I was driving my car an hour away ffrom my house to go get my exaust fixed and new tires. Everything went terribly wron. A car passed me. He turned around it was a 5o. He puled me over for a brunt out brake light. My brake light is fine that lieing pos. my car hasnt ben registered since feb 08. they towed my car. its gonna cost me 295 dollars for just the tow fee and the sheriff fee. not only that but i have to register my car n insure it before i can pick it up. $725 later pluss 50 a day for storage. my SQ is gone. and my dad dosnt even know =[

sucks to hear man, but why didnt you register it before driving it?

i had a terrible exaust leak and wouldnt pass smog without it. i wish god was on my side.

I know you don't wanna hear this...but it would've been cheaper to tow it to the exhaust shop and then get it registered.

Honestly if you had the car legal you wouldn't be in this situation. It sucks that you are and I understand having to pay high impound fees, but these things can be prevented man.

Best of luck.

I know you don't wanna hear this...but it would've been cheaper to tow it to the exhaust shop and then get it registered.

Honestly if you had the car legal you wouldn't be in this situation. It sucks that you are and I understand having to pay high impound fees, but these things can be prevented man.

Best of luck.

i know exactly what you mean. my stupidity got me in the biggest whole that i can possibly get in

i know exactly what you mean. my stupidity got me in the biggest whole that i can possibly get in

At least you are taking responsibility for your actions. I've done the same thing, but I had a suspended license at the time. Car was impounded, I was arrested, etc etc. That's all been taken care of now (it was a few years ago), but you know you know you made a mistake so you can fix it.

see wht happend is i bought the car like 2 months ago n never transfered it in my name. so in order to get it out i need to pay back registration and i wont get my sticker untill i smog it. emissions in cali dnt allow eaust leaks therefore i fail the smog test.

At least you are taking responsibility for your actions. I've done the same thing, but I had a suspended license at the time. Car was impounded, I was arrested, etc etc. That's all been taken care of now (it was a few years ago), but you know you know you made a mistake so you can fix it.

i just wish i had the money to go pick up my ride. and fix my mistake and pay my ticket. lifes a bit** and you dnt die till its over

MAN I M SORRY THEY TOWED MY GSX WHEN MY WIFE WAS DRIVING IT LATE ONE NITE AND I HAD THE SAME B.S. STUFF. THE FREAKING COP DROPPED HER OFF AT THE HOUSE.DILLHOLE.I JUST HAD THREE MONTH EXPIRED TAGS.THATS IT.GOOD INS LICENSE NO VIOLATIONS ETC.. JUST WANTED TO BE A PRICK AT 3 IN THE MORNING.. BUT COST ME 600 IN TOW AND IMPOUND FEES ALSO.SUCKS MAN IM SORRY I FEEL FOR YOU.BEST OF LUCK!!!

see wht happend is i bought the car like 2 months ago n never transfered it in my name. so in order to get it out i need to pay back registration and i wont get my sticker untill i smog it. emissions in cali dnt allow eaust leaks therefore i fail the smog test.

well at least its like this in ny....dont they give you a temp inspection when you buy a used car... here in ny when you go to register a used car they give you a ten day temp inspection sticker so you have time to drive it to somewhere to get it insp. and everything fixed

no offense to you guys...but, the cop isn't being a prick.

He's doing his job.

Mitsufreak, you say, just 3 months? Thats a quarter of a year.

If the cop just let you go, you probably would do it again. Since he did his job, you are more than likely not going to do that in fear of getting busted again. Sorry, but, its the truth.

no offense to you guys...but, the cop isn't being a prick.

He's doing his job.

Mitsufreak, you say, just 3 months? Thats a quarter of a year.

If the cop just let you go, you probably would do it again. Since he did his job, you are more than likely not going to do that in fear of getting busted again. Sorry, but, its the truth.

+1 agreed, i have made my share of mistakes but its just somethin we all have to learn. if i had all the money back from fines over the years, my car could be ssiiiiqqqq :lol: i have prolly paid about 6-7k to nys cause i didnt care when i was 18-22

Try an appeal in traffic court bring an income to debt comparison showing you were trying to get it registered but funds were low...the judge may be able to reduce or elimanate some of the fees..You can also offer some community service to pay for the fees...

NO BIGGIE BUT THERE ARE SO MANY MORE PEOPLE THAT ARE REALLY BREAKING THE LAW. NO INS. DRUGS RUNNING FROM THE COPS ETC.... MY WIFE WAS JUST TRYING TO GET HOME FROM WORK.NOT SPEEDING.WE DONT EVEN DRIVE THAT CAR MUCH HENCE THE EXPIRED TAGS AS WE HAD MOVED FROM KY TO IOWA AND NOT GOT THEM ALL SWITCHED OVER YET.WHATEVER. JUST THINK HE COULD OF BEEN DOING SOME THING BETTER WITH HIS TIME.NOT HERE TO GET INTO A MORAL POLICE OFFICER DISCSSION OF GOOD COP BAD COP.JUST NEED A FEW MORE GOOD ONES OUT THERE AND LESS PRICKS ON POWER TRIPS MESSING WITH GIRLS LATE AT NIGHT.ANYBODY THAT MAKES MY WIFE CRY IS ON MY LIST.I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE...

SORRY TO HAVE HIJACKED YOUR THREAD TRAVNASTY. JUST WAS TRYING TO SAY SORRY.

:thread20jacked8wq: sorry guy :lol:

ok first, stop yelling at me :lol:

dude i totally agree with you trust me. i lost my license for speeding tickets a few years back, most of which were on the highway. i see people cutting people off, road rage, people that just plain old cant drive and i always wondered "where are the cops now?" but it really doesnt matter. grant it he could have gave your wife a break considering you guys had just moved to his state, but at the same time when you know your breaking the law, you really cant get to pissed when you get caught. like i said, ive been through all of this before.

for instance, last summer when i got a dwi, i had only had four beers in an hour, decided i wanted to go to the other side of the STATE PARK. the cop was actually walking into the tent area when i pulled out, he decided to pull me over after following me for 15 min for not having a front plate( mind you i had hit a deer the week prior and had no front bumper). i ended blowing a .06 and passing all but one field sobriety test due to my bum knee. so he ended up taking me into the police station to blow in their machine where i blew a .09. now this was all complete and utter BS and i ended up getting it plead down to a wreckless driving, but i still had to deal with 4 mos. of court and getting my truck impounded and getting arrested when it was supposed to be a fun weekend. but according to that machine i broke the law.

dont get me wrong, cops do in fact suck, but they are there for a reason, grant i think we have TOO many but oh well.

Edited by MiniSRT4

NO BIGGIE BUT THERE ARE SO MANY MORE PEOPLE THAT ARE REALLY BREAKING THE LAW. NO INS. DRUGS RUNNING FROM THE COPS ETC.... MY WIFE WAS JUST TRYING TO GET HOME FROM WORK.NOT SPEEDING.WE DONT EVEN DRIVE THAT CAR MUCH HENCE THE EXPIRED TAGS AS WE HAD MOVED FROM KY TO IOWA AND NOT GOT THEM ALL SWITCHED OVER YET.WHATEVER. JUST THINK HE COULD OF BEEN DOING SOME THING BETTER WITH HIS TIME.NOT HERE TO GET INTO A MORAL POLICE OFFICER DISCSSION OF GOOD COP BAD COP.JUST NEED A FEW MORE GOOD ONES OUT THERE AND LESS PRICKS ON POWER TRIPS MESSING WITH GIRLS LATE AT NIGHT.ANYBODY THAT MAKES MY WIFE CRY IS ON MY LIST.I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE...

SORRY TO HAVE HIJACKED YOUR THREAD TRAVNASTY. JUST WAS TRYING TO SAY SORRY.

take caps lock off dude..

I HAVE TO KEEP IT ON FOR WORK SORRY.didnt realize there was chat code laws about what case i was in..wow.i remember why everyone hates fourms now.too many people with too much time telling everyone else what to do.dang. whatever. try to have a good weekend none the less. Edited by themitsubishifreak

Normally I try not to add or subtract from these types of discussions, but I have to ask...where you driving without insurance as well? You mention that you now have to get it insured to get it registered, so I am assuming you are not insured? Edited by silverarrow89

I HAVE TO KEEP IT ON FOR WORK SORRY.didnt realize there was chat code laws about what case i was in..wow.i remember why everyone hates fourms now.too many people with too much time telling everyone else what to do.dang. whatever. try to have a good weekend none the less.

well, it's generally accepted across the internet as a whole that caps lock = yelling ( I guess you could call that a chat code law )

Now to the OP

Were you still running the Feb '08 Tags? Heck, the other day I was driving my mom's Conquest to the emissions place, NO TAGS, and I had a police car sitting right behind me at a traffic light. He was behind me for a bit and then went about his day. If you were running an expired tag, they'll pull you over more so than if you weren't running a tag.

Umm....

Temporary registration?

EXACTLY!!! As I'm reading this no one has brought that up. The legal way to drive an un-registered car is to get a one day permit from the DMV. They allow you to LEGALLY drive your car to the smog shop, repair shop, etc. Much cheaper than a towed car. I'm not trying to rub salt in a wound but honestly a FREE one day special moving permit or a $50 60 day temporary operating permit would have been alot cheaper than the impound fees.

FYI you don't have to register the car to get it back. You need insurance and a one day permit to get it back. You probably got towed for not having insurance. I've been pulled over for expired tags and never had my car towed. But if you don't have insurance cops take that very seriously. I don't like it either. I've been hit by an uninsured driver. You will understand when it happens to you. When your car gets wrecked by an uninsured driver and your insurance co says you're SOL and gives you a check for a fraction of what your car is worth.

Furthermore they have to prove the other driver wasn't insured. The insurance companies don't spend more than a few phone calls on the investigation. If the other driver doesn't admit to not having insurance guess what, you don't get paid for the damages. Even with a police report they still do an investigation and if they can't verify the facts on the police report you're screwed.

Edited by ucw458