CONQUEST WINDSHIELDS

jenkinsautoglass

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you are waisting you're time. I am in desperate need of a windsheild as are many other people. It would be great to have more than one supplier for them. Personaly I think that its a joke that we are having this much trouble finding them. I mean I can buy a windshield for anyone of my other cars from anywhere, but I can't find one for the car that needs one !! wt....

the problem that jenkins is having is just making the decision to purchase XXX amount of windshields with only a few people wanting them. basically to get them he would have to order enough to be a large out of pocket expense.

now if we think we have a enough interest in a Group Purchase and people have money for deposits and things like that then greg can call and place the order for the windshields at anytime.

just like timc, we arent trying to be hush hush with the info really but he also doesnt want to put his foot in his mouth on price and things like that. hes talked with me about what a fair price would be, obviously he is a business man and runs and operates a autoglass business. greg is a picky kind of guy, just like timc hes not going to accept anything he wouldnt put onto his own car.

we all need these so lets work together to make it happen. greg started the whole thought of this just wanting a backup for his own car. then realized it was not really avalible so he call his glass connections. he then gauged everyones interest to see if there was enough people wanting them to make ordering the large shippment of glass worth all the time effort and trouble.

Well my ruff count of people that are interested from this post is for 18 windshields.

I'm sure depending on cost that # will go up or down.

I tried to get a windshield about 2 years ago with no luck.

It's going to suck when we start see nice cars junked due to not being able to get a windshield for it.

I've been watching this thread for quite a while. I like what I have read.

And $160.00 + shipping is a good deal.

So put me down for a windshield. I'm tired of looking through my OEM "sand blasted" one in the late afternoon sun.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

PS - I wonder why no manufacturer has come up with a sealer that can be applied to the windshield to eliminate all of the chips. They can do it for eye glasses - why not windshields.

Yeah I know. Then they would not see as many windshields.

here are the prices it will be $160 for the windshield and $100.00 for the shipping if this sounds good let me know and i will start the gp on these.as stated before it will take 8-12 weeks for these to come in,then i will ship to you.the deposit will be $100.00 and the remainder when i get them in hand,for those of you that live close can save $100 by picking them up.

The two I ordered should be in this week. I'll keep everyone posted, but I doubt the direct price of my connection will come close to matching the price Jenkins has up now. I'm paying roughly $750 total with shipping and everything for 2 new ones installed. Cost for clips that break, etc.. is not included. However, I am going through a glass guy who is marking them up I'm sure. My glass guy is the only one in my town who even wanted to try and look for me. All of the others were like, "nope, can't get it, sorry". This guy I went through will go to a salvage yard and pull one if the customer needs him to.

Edit: I think we should make sure the product is worth the price before jumping in and buying a newly manufactured windsheild. Like others have mentioned, there are newer ones recently made that are junk. It would be good to get a couple of samples installed with good reports before anyone jumps. A good start would be a positive report from a glass professional other than the seller of the windshield. One thing about our club is we really don't like to see new members open a club account and start selling product right away. Trust is moreso earned with a good thread of positive feedback, and I'm not so sure Jenkins has earned it. A few windshield installations with positive feedback would help.

As for my connection, I would either give the direct info to the club to buy direct from the supplier, or I will give it to a glass pro with good feedback on this site if possible. Like I said, a pro may need to purchase these. I am not out to make anything myself.