86 Starion, silver, 50K original miles- Lower Price

dylan

In an attempt to pay for my upcoming grad school bills, im cutting back to only one vehicle. THis means my Starion has to go. It's been a great car, daily driven since September with no mechanical issues.

Pictures are here:

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/dbussey1/starion/

Details:

-Silver with very clean black interior. Has OE floor mats, covering up perfect carpet. No tears in seats, very little wear on them.

-Low mileage - today's reading is 49,901.

-Starts right up and runs every time, would drive it anywhere.

-Doesn't burn or leak any oil, though there may be a little seepage from the valve cover gasket. Not enough to leave any drips, no noticable oil consumption between oil changes.

-All stock, no rust.

-New tires about a thousand miles ago

-I have a set of louvers to go with it if you're into that, I just didnt really care for them so I took them off.

Known Issues:

These are almost completely cosmetic. There are two spots of body damage on the drivers side, which were there when i bought the car. One on front fender, one on the rear fenderwell. See photos.

There is a small hole in the front bumper, where my idiot roomate put his trailer hitch through it a couple of weeks ago.

Mount for the drivers side visor is broken, visor is still in car though. Easy fix.

There is occasional squeaking in the fron end when steering wheel is turned - I traced it to the rubber isolators on top of the springs. Doesn;t seem to be an issue, and has been much quieter lately.

One of the rear speakers does not work.

I think that's it. The thing is pretty nice for the age, and hasn;t been beaten to death. If you have any other questions I am happy to answer them. I'm in Atlanta GA. Im asking $2300, which I feel is fair, so I'm kind of firm on that. But if youre interested let me know and we can talk. I'll be out of town this weekend, and usually work nights. Call or PM to get in touch with me. Thanks guys,

Dylan

Edited by dylan

As of right now, I dont want to sell the louvers seperately. But I will keep you in mind Big Al.

Car is still available.

I've had three people contact me with initial interest, but relatively little in the way of follow up. Im still hoping to set up a forum member with this car. Im planning to give it another week, maybe two, before it goes on craigslist (probably for more money).

Let me know if youre interested guys. And thanks for all the compliments - it really is a great ride, wish I could keep it. But the timing just isnt right.

One final bump.

Im putting it on Craigslist Wednesday for any old idiot to come and buy it.

Will take $2100 from a forum member. Hit me up in the next few days.

Where in GA are you? I'm in FL.. I'm interested! Was going to rebuild my 87, but this looks more appealing!

drop me an email... !

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Such a beautiful car. A shame about the body damage. If I knew a thing or 2 about body work, I'd be thinking about this one...but I am inexperienced in that field. GLWS!

does it have jon voight's pencil in the glovebox? :driving:

It's true what you have heard, this is indeed the Seinfeld car. Unfortunately the pencil was sold seperately before I took ownership of the vehicle.