Shell Nitrogen Gasoline

on4now4

i was driving home the last night and i saw a bright yellow sign at a shell station advertising this new nitrogen enriched gas. has anyone tried it? is it good, bad or just no difference? Edited by on4now4

how would you manage to keep it in the gas , nitrogen is a gas right

well the website dosn't get into it but. I would make the assumption that you could bond the nitrogen to the gas compound by covalent bonding (sharing of electrons)

That would seem the simplest way to me.

yes definately covalent bonding. very simple. i was out back doing a little covalent bonding just last night.

jk

Sweet I was to, but I was inside :emot-bandwagon:

Well, I apologize for taking us back to the subject but I feel like I

have to respond to this since we operate a Shell station. We all

know gas is gas, the difference is the additives(basically the same

thing as STP gas/fuel treatment). The "nitrogen" must be bonded

to the additives. Shell has always "added" more than any other brand.

Lately, our customers have said they seem to be getting even better

mileage so maybe it is an improvement and not just an ad campaign.

don't recall if i have bought any Shell lately but i can say that over the last yr to 2 yrs what they are selling as gasoline leaves a lot to be desire'd

if the adiatives in the gas can't be held togather for 6 months i sure don't see nitrogen staying put and many times fuel is nearly a yr or more old by the time it hits the pumps

Well, I apologize for taking us back to the subject but I feel like I

have to respond to this since we operate a Shell station. We all

know gas is gas, the difference is the additives(basically the same

thing as STP gas/fuel treatment). The "nitrogen" must be bonded

to the additives. Shell has always "added" more than any other brand.

Lately, our customers have said they seem to be getting even better

mileage so maybe it is an improvement and not just an ad campaign.

Better gas mileage ehh? Gonna have to try it in my delivery truck....I didn't pay much attention to the advertisement when it appeared over night at my local Shell where I always fuel up the Quest. So far I've filled two full tanks of that shell gas....I got 200 miles out of the first full tank! But then again, the Quest has some issues. :hmm3grin2orange:

most of you aren't old enought to recall the old days when the average car got 25-30 mpg and many A body dodges were geting 40-45 mpg and you know what went out the tail pipe , a little carbon dioxide,,, 40 yrs later we have gases being pump'd out that can kill you quicker and faster 10 times faster , and we spend $15k per car to elim what the car maker create'd with shi* gas and over heat'd engines

in 1965 chry install'd cat convertors on 50 cars and drove them back and forth across the US ,, nothing else done to the car or engine just the cat,, you want to know what came out of the tail pipe WATER and thats all , but installing a cat would not make them enought money , so begain the bigest scam job any one ever dream'd up and they did it to the entire world ,what was wrong with a $3500 new car that need'd a $200 cat replace'd every 50k miles , na we get a $35k car that costs us an arm and leg in gasoline for it , and even gets less mpg :(