Another Quest bites the dust

METZ

I don't get some of you guys anymore.

He could've posted that car for sale for $500 and it would've sat there for months with every other response in his thread as "save 'em, don't crush 'em" blah blah blah.

Who cares?

I think a rust free roller is certianly worth 500, and i think a lot of other people would agree. But some people think there sitting on gold with these cars... LOL i laugh when i see people asking 2000 for a rusty car that dosent run and then get mad that no one wants their junk... That car looked much better than many out here on the east coast.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a couple red-neck hillbilly's.

He could've posted that car for sale for $500 and it would've sat there for months with every other response in his thread as "save 'em, don't crush 'em" blah blah blah.

Who cares?

Theres a starion enthusiast here i met...I'd say he would care because theres only maybe 6 starions in the entire country. He has a parts car, and he keeps EVERYTHING. He would kill for that widebody those clowns junked.

But you see, thats the mentality in America. Just throw it away. Consume and Waste.

I think a rust free roller is certianly worth 500, and i think a lot of other people would agree. But some people think there sitting on gold with these cars... LOL i laugh when i see people asking 2000 for a rusty car that dosent run and then get mad that no one wants their junk... That car looked much better than many out here on the east coast.

True

What a couple red-neck hillbilly's.

Theres a starion enthusiast here i met...I'd say he would care because theres only maybe 6 starions in the entire country. He has a parts car, and he keeps EVERYTHING. He would kill for that widebody those clowns junked.

But you see, thats the mentality in America. Just throw it away. Consume and Waste.

Blanket statements FTW.

That's the beauty of freedom, not having to abide by what other deem as appropriate when it has nothing to do with them.

Tell that guy in your country I'll sell him my rust free 88 as a rolling shell. We'll see how much he'll "kill" for it.

We've all seen it.. Someone tries to sell a running SQ here on the boards for a grand. It sits and sits until he says screw it, i'm parting it out. Then everyone screams, "oh no!".. "I'd buy it if you were closer." "Restore 'em, don't crush 'em." Everyone talks all this sheeeeeat, but nobody steps the frak up an does anything about it.

So I say again. Who cares? Evidently, nobody cared enough to stop those actions in the past. But somehow it'll happen this time in our given economy. Right.

And just let me edit this to be clear. The guy this thread is about is a moron, simple as that. But not because he crushed a SQ, but because he could've made money and parted it out.

Edited by JustPaus_88TSi

Blanket statements FTW.

That's the beauty of freedom, not having to abide by what other deem as appropriate when it has nothing to do with them.

Tell that guy in your country I'll sell him my rust free 88 as a rolling shell. We'll see how much he'll "kill" for it.

We've all seen it.. Someone tries to sell a running SQ here on the boards for a grand. It sits and sits until he says screw it, i'm parting it out. Then everyone screams, "oh no!".. "I'd buy it if you were closer." "Restore 'em, don't crush 'em." Everyone talks all this sheeeeeat, but nobody steps the frak up an does anything about it.

So I say again. Who cares? Evidently, nobody cared enough to stop those actions in the past. But somehow it'll happen this time in our given economy. Right.

And just let me edit this to be clear. The guy this thread is about is a moron, simple as that. But not because he crushed a SQ, but because he could've made money and parted it out.

Spoken Truth.

Blanket statements FTW.

This happens to be a site for broke car enthusiasts, it is not a supra forum. People might not be able to save cars, but we can try and convince others to do so. There's nothing wrong with that. If a car sits for a long time, lower the price, that's the seller's fault. Either that or advertise in more than one place, duh!

Spoken Truth.

Someone deleted my hilarious comment here. What it essentially said was that you, eurotiva are riding a bandwagon and justpaus is driving. Have you no shame?

Edited by Technology

Look, if your gonna crush a car...Just do it. We dont need pictures of someone standing there giving a thumbs up.....

Look maaa...I dun crushed another one!!!

This happens to be a site for broke car enthusiasts, it is not a supra forum. People might not be able to save cars, but we can try and convince others to do so. There's nothing wrong with that. If a car sits for a long time, lower the price, that's the seller's fault. Either that or advertise in more than one place, duh!

Having been involved with SQ forums for about a decade, I think i'd know all about that. It's not the forum that's broke, it's simply just the class of car that lures broke people due to its minimal cost. Some stick with it and over time drop ten times what the car is worth into it, others play the game for a bit and either break it or lose interest. Either way, who gives two flyin craps about what they decide to do with their property? Would you have bought it? Everyone says yes, but it simply doesn't happen with any frequency.

The only reason anyone here cares is because of the type of car it was.

If I didn't give a crap about a car for whatever reason, why would I devalue what I could put in my pocket to appease people on the internet? I'd part it out as far as possible and crush it.

Someone deleted my hilarious comment here. What it essentially said was that you, eurotiva are riding a bandwagon and justpaus is driving. Have you no shame?

The wagon is called reality, you should "get with it".

Oh no, a view contrary to the thread populace. What shall we ever do?

:(

theres no harm in front fender damage is there i mean honestly...

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff53/drummer030201/DSC00777.jpg

thats pretty hard to beat :(

sigh still waiting on thetexan to get back to me

Edited by drummer030201

"Restore 'em, don't crush 'em." Everyone talks all this sheeeeeat, but nobody steps the frak up an does anything about it.

That seemed rather direct there, buddy :P

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10121/Buy_day_June_21_2008.jpg

"no one care's "

guess thats why some have donate'd many $100's of dollars and others many thousands of hours trying to help guys get and keep their cars runing

no one cares :rolleyes:

I agree. I've restored 3 of my own that were originally non-running when purchased. Not to mention having helped others on several occasions. There's alot of people who have dedicated some serious time and money trying to keep these on the road and to see another "car guy" send a restorable car to the crusher is ridiculous to me. You would think someone who was into Dodge Omni's (of all the cars in the world) would realize this.... I can guarantee they would be up in arms if we were posting pic.s showing how we sent one of their gaudy turbo chevettes to the junker.

He said he tried to find a home for it.... I've run into so damn many people trying to sell broke-down cars for around $1000. When it doesn't sell, they turn around and send it to the junker for what? $100 max? Instead of dropping their price.

We shouldn't be angry with this guy tho.... He's ignorant. His 73 Challenger is worth 10 times what his "house" is. That shows his level of intelligence.

No sense crying over spilt milk. At least it was a red one - lol. We can only hope it was also an auto.

"no one care's "

guess thats why some have donate'd many $100's of dollars and others many thousands of hours trying to help guys get and keep their cars runing

no one cares :rolleyes:

It's not "no one cares." It's "who cares?"

I've also spent hundreds of hours(if not more) helping those who:

1. Have the desire to fix their cars.

If someone doesn't want to fix it, who am I to get all up in arms about it?

That's the point. The guy didn't care about his car, so I don't care either.

I'm not going to plead with someone over their decision to do whatever they want with their property, no matter how rediculous their decision strikes me.

I would have junked the trailer/moble home and lived outta the starquest.better built and I've lived outta both before.temporarily in the car.

If you have a hatchback car you need nothing else.

Who cares?

I can agree to that.. i had mine for sale with new tires, 88 -89 ecu spare block for 600 and nobody........

but he has a shelby chargerr off to the side, its an omni gls or glh so thats a ru fan, not to mention the 70 challenger that is worth well more than thr " house " he is staying in hell he even had a caravan, that dude bleeds hemi orange, must have been smething more underlying with the car, or he has another and just needed certain parts.

Edited by madhatch

all the cars you have in your list are way better than the quest will ever be.i would drive the hell out of the cordoba. all those cars are way cooler than our quest hate to break that to ya's.i would take any of those cars over the quest any day.that's all byeee,good day.

Let me guess, you can't figure your Quest out... Can't get her running because it's too complicated for you.... So, yeah, you should probably join your backwoods brethren. Junk it and buy a Cordoba (if they haven't all rattled themselves into a million pieces by now). It's a good thing that most of those old Dodges ARE idiot-proof, so you guys should do OK.

We shouldn't be angry with this guy tho.... He's ignorant. His 73 Challenger is worth 10 times what his "house" is. That shows his level of intelligence.

all the cars you have in your list are way better than the quest will ever be.i would drive the hell out of the cordoba. all those cars are way cooler than our quest hate to break that to ya's.i would take any of those cars over the quest any day.that's all byeee,good day.

Shouldn't feed the trolls....but....

I'm about as big of a mopar guy as they come, and in no way should liking mopars and appreciating starquests be mutually exclusive. Perhaps if people had been a little more concerned about preserving mopars from the 60-70's they'd still be common enough to be affordable, but that's not how it works. Enthusiast cars that are cheap attract people who aren't always the preserve and collect type, obviously. Starquest aren't about to rise in value like e-body's have over the last decade, so I don't expect to be seeing it be profitable to resurrect cars beyond there prime. The only way a Starion or Conquest gets restored is if it is picked up by somebody with an strong interest/emotional attachment or if it's a really easy fix that can be repaired profitably.

Interesting side note, why would you "take any of those cars over the quest any day."? Is it their monetary value, the "cool" factor (although the Cordoba seems to rule this out), or the driving experience? The monetary value is surely a plus, but driving it WILL decrease this, especially for a car of originality or fresh, correct restoration. Besides depreciation, enjoying a car because of it's impressive value doesn't make much sense. The cool factor is undeniable, especially in a desirable car like a 70-71 Challenger...but this novelty will wear off after the 5xx person ask's if it's"got a HEMI?" and tells you about their dad's friend's brother who's car would blow it off the road. The only thing left is the driving experience, which is great until you realize suspension and braking technology really did improve greatly between 1970 and 1989. Also 12mpg gets old. But the thing is, we don't like cars for logical reasons and deduced conclusions...cars are enjoyed on an emotional level. With the prices on most desirable mopars, muscle cars, ect., many cannot afford to buy a 70 challenger, or whatever gets them off. Because of the price, car enthusiasts are able to afford and tweak SQ's to their liking without breaking the bank or depreciating the value of a car they spend $50k on. Modifying a car and making it what you wanted it to be will lead to a much greater attachment and enjoyment of a car.

I have a 73 Challenger that was started as a father son project when I was 11....we finished it when I was 18. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING besides the machining of the block was done by my dad and I. Anything I was competent to be shown how to do, I did....including tons of wet sanding, crimping seat skins in place (my hands are still sore to this day), welding in the 4spd hump, painting the undercarriage, even helping port a set of aluminum heads that had been out of production for decades. What I'm saying is that I poured tons of myself into that car. That being said, I also bought an '89 Conquest when I was 15 a invested alot of time and effort into making it look better, run stronger, and handle more confidently. When it comes down to it, both are fun cars to drive....the challenger is more of any ego-boosting stick-you-in-the-back-of-the-seat-and-enjoy-the-exhaust-note-while-attracting-tons-of-looks-and-attention thing, while the Conquest is more of an all around I-can't-believe-this-car-with-so-little-money-and-time-invested-can-be-so-great-to-drive sort of fun. But if put in the position of only having to drive one of them everyday? I'll just say the SQ would be much more livable.

In case you're doubting my mopar credentials, here's a pic of me/my 73 at the Carlisle '08 awards ceremony.

post-3267-1236650010_thumb.jpg

Whoa were did this troll come from?

my quest is the biggest piece of crap i have ever owned.every other day something is breaking on it

Yea, its the car's fault :rolleyes: Its called preventative maintenance. You probably drive the crap out of it, don't maintain it, and when something breaks you blame the car.

turbo's are really for diesels

HAHA! really? what about the guys with a twin turbo setup on their v-8 muscle cars?

you can buy everything to make the old cars (including ford and chevy)out handle,out brake,out do anything that our quests can do

You mean buy everything to make the old car handle and brake as good as a STOCK quest? sure, i would agree with that.

and because my quest breaks down every other day IS because i'm a piss poor mechanic

fixed

quest is ok for everyday use but its not going to be a muscle car

way to state the obvious genious. and if its breaking down everday then how is it ok for everyday use?

.i am not a expert one quest but everyone on this site seem to be a expert at everything and has to get their comment in even when they have no clue what they are talking about.

If everyone on this site has no clue, i guess that means you too, because you are on it.

thanks for proving my point.got to get your negative comments in.my quest gets regualer maintance more than needs to be done.it's a 31,546 original mileage garaged car along with my other vehicles. it's morons like you that make owning these cars tough.i have friends that have srt neons,civics,mustangs(not rustangs),corvettes,skyline,trucks,cudas,chargers,torinos everything.and we all get along and help eachother out.even if you do not know much about their cars you still help.in the end we are all car guys and we do not have negative comments about eachother and what we like or drive.on this site if you own a v-8 your a hill billy,if you have a mustang it's a rustang,if your quest does not not run your a piss poor mechanic.i know my dads 72 dart out handles my modded quest.i have seen a 4 door 4 wheel drive cummins diesel truck with very minor upgrades out run a s2000 on a road course.the video is on you tube.so do not try to convince me that the stock suspension on a quest will out handle stock suspension on any other vehicle.at the end of the night all my friends no matter what vehicle they have with them just have fun drinking and b.s 'n and having fun with our cars.

words....cannot....explain.... :(

If this guy's not a troll, then i'll eat my hat

thanks for proving my point.got to get your negative comments in.my quest gets regualer maintance more than needs to be done.it's a 31,546 original mileage garaged car along with my other vehicles. it's morons like you that make owning these cars tough.i have friends that have srt neons,civics,mustangs(not rustangs),corvettes,skyline,trucks,cudas,chargers,torinos everything.and we all get along and help eachother out.even if you do not know much about their cars you still help.in the end we are all car guys and we do not have negative comments about eachother and what we like or drive.on this site if you own a v-8 your a hill billy,if you have a mustang it's a rustang,if your quest does not not run your a piss poor mechanic.i know my dads 72 dart out handles my modded quest.i have seen a 4 door 4 wheel drive cummins diesel truck with very minor upgrades out run a s2000 on a road course.the video is on you tube.so do not try to convince me that the stock suspension on a quest will out handle stock suspension on any other vehicle.at the end of the night all my friends no matter what vehicle they have with them just have fun drinking and b.s 'n and having fun with our cars.

first off, when you quoted me, you changed what I wrote. I said Troll, not douche. Secondly, you starting bringing the heat, not me.

The fact that your quest has only 31k on it and has sat in garage most of its life is probably why it keeps having issues. Make sure the fuel system is up to par, and get out and drive that thing...DUH!!

I have feeling that you are the guy scrapping the red quest in the pics posted here.......and thats why you are all bent out of shape. And if youa re that guy, then i have no intention of retracting my earlier statements about you being a hillbilly.

you called me a name first so you started it and i am not the guy scrappin the quest.and DUH the car is driven 200 miles a week.and i have no intention of retracting my statement in calling you a douche.typical ignorant response from a key board coward/mechanic.you think you know everything about every car out there and you don't.i bet when you walk into a garage you are the biggest tool in there.people like you make me not want the car anymore.didn't say the car has been sitting in a garage.you people just assume stuff to put your stupid comments on here.

Umm you came on with this comment before anyone called you any name

why don't you ricers learn about your mopars and read a book

I have never in my life seen a riced out quest, nor any quest owners who would even remotely qualify for the term 'ricer'.

Now, please, go back to school, and learn how to form a coherent sentence before you think about starting a bunch of s*** on here. Seriously, you make it so hard to read, that most people are just going to skip over the crap coming out.

"you called me a name first"

What in the....

Are you 12 years old or what?

Also, show me where someone asks for help and all anyone does is call them a "piss poor mechanic".

We'll bet on it right now. You find that thread, and i'll leave. If you can't, you leave. Fair?

The only threads you've been involved in is one about tires, and one you started to ask how much MPI is.

Even though you should research for your own, you were still given proper answers.

What is your problem exactly?

Don't like the car? Sell it and be gone.

Like a child, you assume too much.

"People rag on V8's".. Yeah, some people do.

"People rag on musclecars".. Yep, it happens.

So, you see the "Mustangs suck" thread, and all of a sudden "SQ enthusiasts hate V8's and musclecars."

It's a freaking car. Who cares? Jesus... Don't like the forums for your own made up reasons, then leave. You contribute nothing here and cry about imaginary problems that don't exist. Have fun with that.