86 seatbelts

MadMax

I swapped the auto seatbelts in my 87 for the mech belts in my 86,but i cant tell if they even work. Is there any way to test them besides slamming on the brakes. I plan to let my family in this car so i want to make sure they are working properly. also the damned seatbelt alarm wont shutup!

You put the auto belts in the 86 car? Either way with auto belts you need to hit the brakes but not slam them. Mine don't really take a whole lot to lock up.

Other way around. i put manual belts in my 87. I got tired of replacing the tracks for the auto belts. im wondering if i can test then somehow, without my wife slamming into the dashboard.

Other way around. i put manual belts in my 87. I got tired of replacing the tracks for the auto belts. im wondering if i can test then somehow, without my wife slamming into the dashboard.

Just yank on the belt.

Those belts clip into the seat bracket you have to remove all that automatic mechanism under the console or if you don't want to at least pull the box out and unplug it

everything under the console has been removed and replaced with the 86 parts. I yanked the crap out of the belts over and over and nothing. is there any way to maybe retro fit or repair these???

That's normal on these cars. I can't make my brand new belts on the CBRII car catch by hand either, but they catch on hard stops. They might as well be brand new because they were boxed in 1984 when Team Mitsu stripped the car.

thanks Tim i got it to grab on the drivers side while driving today. still cant get the belt alarm to shutup. Anyone know where the blinker flasher is ???

You can try to put a jumper wire in the harness connector so it is always connected/thinks the belt is latched. I think that will work without causing anything else to screw up because theoretically you can have the belt on all the time, so I don't think Mitsu put any logic in there to alarm with the car off and belt latched.

Or, yes you can remove the bulb in the dash.