Now Toyota needs a bail out

PDX87Starion

Japan asked to bail out Toyota

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/03/03/2506461.htm

"Toyota's financial unit has asked for an emergency loan from a state-backed lender, with reports putting the figure at more than $3 billion."

So whos gonna be the first to blame the unions? Or is it because "they build crappy cars that no one wants" ? ;)

Japan asked to bail out Toyota

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/03/03/2506461.htm

"Toyota's financial unit has asked for an emergency loan from a state-backed lender, with reports putting the figure at more than $3 billion."

So whos gonna be the first to blame the unions? Or is it because "they build crappy cars that no one wants" ? ;)

Lazy, fat Americans not paying their loans. :biggrinumbrella1:

see im having a hard time believing this because...the only way toyota does not get its money for the vehicles stat, is from the people who go through toyota for loans...most ppl i know...use their credit unions.

how many years running was the camry the #1 sold car in the US????? get out of town...they need money like i need a friggin honda

Well, I am lazy and probably should get on a diet, but GM, Ford, and Chrysler make stupid, ugly cars that no one wants and they don't last more than 80k miles! HA!

:angry:

look at the Quest mileage thread...many never made it past 100k

Edited by strang3majik

Well, I am lazy and probably should get on a diet, but GM, Ford, and Chrysler make stupid, ugly cars that no one wants and they don't last more than 80k miles! HA!

We have a 2000 Chevy p/u with over 170k on the original engine and no major repairs have been needed and a 01 Camaro pushing 130k....I guess it is all in the maintenance.

Jimmy

Toyota manufactures in America so their cars are assembled in the USA. They to have the UWA demanding crap.

Also after reviewing some info...Toyota Financial over sees operations in the USA and International so them asking for 3 billion is for the whole company in every country. Looks like they made more cars then they could sell.

Edited by Lusion972

It all comes down to car sales. No one is buying and unsold cars are piling up.

http://contexts.org/socimages/files/2009/02/xsheerness-8359.jpg

Monoco motor coaches it going under too. Really they all got hit with a double wammy. First $4.50 a gal. gas stifled sales then a major finacial crisis.

The last thing people do in uncertain times is to go buy a brand new car or motorhome unless they can pay cash.

Not that it matters but my 91 ford explorer is up to 248,000 mi. :)

Toyota manufactures in America so their cars are assembled in the USA. They to have the UWA demanding crap.

Also after reviewing some info...Toyota Financial over sees operations in the USA and International so them asking for 3 billion is for the whole company in every country. Looks like they made more cars then they could sell.

I work for Toyota and I've have never heard of Toyota line workers having any kind of unions. So lets not assume anything.

"made more cars then they could sell" That's what happens when you are a huge global company selling as many as they were and everything comes to a screeching halt.

I don't think the section of the company mentioned has anything to do with Toyota Motor Sales. ( http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/43/43972.html ) which is the USA head company

Jah, I think it differs on which plant you are at. I think the Texas plant has some union workers but I could be wrong. My ol lady handles yall's disability claims. I assume you have CIGNA Disability insurance...

I wonder if Honda will require assistance as well or did they foresee a change in spending and were able to cut back on corporate spending before it hurt way to much.

This is weird as Toyotas way of doing things is to be extremely efficient. Try to do everything in house, cut costs, waste.

They have been pushing "toyotas way" down our throats for 2 years at work. Now ill have something to throw back at them :P

"Lets follow a companies ways who wants 3billion dollar bailout"

maybe they don't need the money but since the big 3 are asking for LOANS, maybe they think they should too Edited by Sully

japan is actually saving its money in hopes that they will be allowed to purchase a contract to buy thr F-22 raptor...but they wont be allowed haha. so that should put some money back in their pockets haha

Maybe they need 3 billion to design the ultimate Supra....

AWD, quad turbo, quad cam V-10 w/ VVTL-i, 7 speed sequential tranny (read: toyota F1 trans), 6 piston front, 4 piston rear calipers, carbon ceramic discs, staggered wheel fitment

and of course, sexy body lines

and a price tag of about $120k lol

japan is actually saving its money in hopes that they will be allowed to purchase a contract to buy thr F-22 raptor...but they wont be allowed haha. so that should put some money back in their pockets haha

if they want one bad enough, they'll get one. that goes for just about anything

if they want one bad enough, they'll get one. that goes for just about anything

nah the US told lockheed martin they wont allow it to be in their hands, gutted or not...so they are more than likely getting the JSF instead