ENGINE AND REAR MOUNTS

101PROPOSE

hello members,

just received the stock mounts from a member for R&D, thanks! but unfortunately, he sent only one engine mount.

he said both engine mounts look identical. are they same? rear mounts look identical. are they same as well?

the stock engine mount looks okay but the rear mounts look they are slanted. is that how they look brand new?

is 85 Durometer too soft for the mounts? should i use harder material?

thanks for your help!

http://www.101propose.com/star/MOUNT1.JPG

http://www.101propose.com/star/MOUNT2.JPG

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that you are such a cheapass and can't buy a new OEM part to COPY. That mount is TRASH so go ahead and copy it maybe that's why your crap never fits.

and while I'm at it, I think you are a scum bag and a CANCER on this site.

Edited by Indiana

I was thinking the same thing.

so while your both at it why dont you both call out all venders that make stuff or want to make stuff for these cars. thats why no one really wants to make stuff for these cars since they get called out on everything they try to do.

I can't believe that you are such a cheapass and can't buy a new OEM part to COPY. That mount is TRASH so go ahead and copy it maybe that's why your crap never fits.

Indina,

sorry to hear you feel that way.

this is way i posted it here to check with members if the mounts are okay to use for R&D and copy before i start work on it.

it is not that i am being cheap. i have no problem buying new ones. i just was not able to find new mounts.

anyone has new mounts for R&D, please let me know.

thanks,

The part about buying a new part might be warranted, but the second comment is a bit Harsh IMHO

Dad

i for one have buught a lot of parts off of 101, and everytime he as had the best customer service, stands behind his parts and to the best of my knowledge has never screwed anyone, he cuts discounts for being a member here, and tries to make parts to make our cars better, more reliable, and to give YOU a better ride quality, not everyone is perfect, i dont see the need for these kind of comments, i can count on a couple fingers the amout of aftermarket support we have, if anything we need more,

if someone screws up everyone jumps on the bandwagon and starts raising hell and calling names, and pointing fingers.. however can recall him having some parts that didnt stand up after installs, and i also remember him giving complete refunds, or doing what ever it took to make his customers happy..

if you do not like the parts being made dont buy them, there is no need to get on here a bash someone else, maybe you could try to help

i.e. "you know 101 it would make more sense to get a new mount to make duplicates of, if you are having trouble finding one i may be able to help, just let me know

thanks mike"

that would have been a better response than to call him a cancer to the site, it is uncalled for, and unprofessional.

i have for a while now tried to understand how people try to kill the only thing we have going for our cars.. and our community..

once we something going for us someone has to try to kill it, by posting thinks like this.. it is rediculious...

*edit* and to the best of my knowledge if you read what he posted he is asking for help, he is a person not a god, why not help the guy instead of being an a**

Edited by 19cturbo

101Propose, I personally want to Thank You for being a member of Starquestclub, and vending excellent products to the community. Despite comments made earlier in this thread, I feel you make great products, at an affordable price. What makes all of this stick together is, you stand behind your product. If there's ever a problem, you offer alternatives to resolve the issue. You are a blessing to the SQ community. Please keep up the good work.

Justin

I totally agree with the calling out comment. No one wants to make parts for us because a bunch of people on this site feel the need to act like F-body owners. I just dont see the point. Parts aren't just falling out of the sky for these cars and if someone is gonna take the time to bring them back to available from discontinued then they should be thank'd and appreciated not batter'd and beaten. FWIW.

+1 for what Mike said.

Not that we don't appreciate you Indiana, you are truly a wealth of knowledge in the community and a great help to many, but I would've thought you to be more professional than that. Maybe your just having a bad day, it happens.

I too have bought several things from 101 and his customer service is outstanding.

i dont mean one bad thing toward indinia, he has given me great advice, seems to be a good person, im just not understanding the comment...

^^^^ X2 I agree.

Perhaps he had a bad experience with 101.

Now, it is my turn.

As one of the proprietors of Star-Orion Performance, I will personally stand up and say that while I have seen some questionable parts come from Mookeeh, I have also seen some good stuff. Mookeeh, please, continue as you are, try to continue to produce parts for the cars, just as Jolyrgr and myself do.

Indiana,

I will now say that I FORMERLY respected you. You just lost my respect, because apparently you are seemingly in a position to chase off vendors. Am I next? Sometimes, producing parts from crap is the only option you have available to you. It's not like Mitsubishi is willing to fire up all the tooling again for a run of complete cars. So please.....I expect to see the Indiana brand of parts in the near future. Before you pull the card that I helped run Kelly off, perhaps it should be noted there that he intentionally screwed somebody. He stepped to the line, and got served. Mookeeh did have exhaust header issue, which he did make good with people on, and without fuss, I might add. That's the people we need selling us parts.

The rest of you that agree with Indiana just keep on. No trouble from me. Just keep in mind, parts are hard to come by, and people willing to expend the effort to make them are getting rarer than the cars.

Tim

Now, it is my turn.

As one of the proprietors of Star-Orion Performance, I will personally stand up and say that while I have seen some questionable parts come from Mookeeh, I have also seen some good stuff. Mookeeh, please, continue as you are, try to continue to produce parts for the cars, just as Jolyrgr and myself do.

Indiana,

I will now say that I FORMERLY respected you. You just lost my respect, because apparently you are seemingly in a position to chase off vendors. Am I next? Sometimes, producing parts from crap is the only option you have available to you. It's not like Mitsubishi is willing to fire up all the tooling again for a run of complete cars. So please.....I expect to see the Indiana brand of parts in the near future. Before you pull the card that I helped run Kelly off, perhaps it should be noted there that he intentionally screwed somebody. He stepped to the line, and got served. Mookeeh did have exhaust header issue, which he did make good with people on, and without fuss, I might add. That's the people we need selling us parts.

The rest of you that agree with Indiana just keep on. No trouble from me. Just keep in mind, parts are hard to come by, and people willing to expend the effort to make them are getting rarer than the cars.

Tim

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Cokedoctor/Nixon.jpg

so while your both at it why dont you both call out all venders that make stuff or want to make stuff for these cars. thats why no one really wants to make stuff for these cars since they get called out on everything they try to do.

No, you have it wrong. Nobody is putting parts for these cars out now because this guy copies them that's why. This isn't a car that has 2,000,000 of them on the road. You take the ideas and work of someone else and just buy one and send it to china and spew the crap back that's all I see that is happened. Say someone made a custom set of new front spindles, they take a year to make, 1000s of dollars in design and models and 100s of hours and they put it up for sale and this dickweed buys one, sends it to china and takes in the cash and SCREWS over the one that made the original part. How much you want to bet he's not trying to copy an intake manifold right now so screw someone else? What idiot would now ever make a part and let you buy one? It took the high end and made it private and left all the masses with his cheap crap. I'd not even let you see under the hood and its almost come to that. The new ideas I have and are working on nobody is going to hear about them. Soon as someone get a roller cam they like he'll send it over there and have it copied you just wait, or may he already has because I do not look at his crap he sells on ebay I he it filtered out it pisses me off to much to see any of it. He has ruined your "aftermarket" support not provided it.

No, you have it wrong. Nobody is putting parts for these cars out now because this guy copies them that's why. This isn't a car that has 2,000,000 of them on the road. You take the ideas and work of someone else and just buy one and send it to china and spew the crap back that's all I see that is happened. Say someone made a custom set of new front spindles, they take a year to make, 1000s of dollars in design and models and 100s of hours and they put it up for sale and this dickweed buys one, sends it to china and takes in the cash and SCREWS over the one that made the original part. How much you want to bet he's not trying to copy an intake manifold right now so screw someone else? What idiot would now ever make a part and let you buy one? It took the high end and made it private and left all the masses with his cheap crap. I'd not even let you see under the hood and its almost come to that. The new ideas I have and are working on nobody is going to hear about them. Soon as someone get a roller cam they like he'll send it over there and have it copied you just wait, or may he already has because I do not look at his crap he sells on ebay I he it filtered out it pisses me off to much to see any of it. He has ruined your "aftermarket" support not provided it.

where is the list of parts he has "stolen" from good hard working people? I know some of his parts are chinise garbage but c'mon....all of the custom suspension....crank pullys....adj cam gears....good parts...good prices.....original pieces...that we NEED.....

The things he makes are not necessarily groundbreaking things man! Anyone with some knowledge in machining and CAD could do it. And that is with all the FEA analysis and hand calcs to make sure it won\'t break.

The thing is, Mookeh has more Capitol then other vendors. So he is able to buy the things he makes in large quantities, and offer it up to us as a discount.

Yeah they are built in china but machining in the US is like 4-10 times more expensive!

And who else has offered a full coil-over setup for us? NOBODY!!!

The Starion and Conquest are dead cars. Have you tried to find windshield glass??? There are only three windshields in the country! For a vendor to even offer anything to these cars is amazing.

Mookeh, thank you.

And rockauto.com has the motor mount made by ANCHOR Part # 8110, it is $13.21. And it is the same part number for both sides so yes they are identical. http://info.rockauto.com/Anchor/8110.jpg

At that price, you could probably do it yourself and make poly motor mounts for $60. There a couple how-to\'s on the subject on the internet if anyone is interested.

Edited by Casey_L

where's the list of stolen parts?

who really cares if it's made in china the cars where made right next door in japan.

i see no copy rights on any of the parts he makes for us.

and if you look at kelly as a good vender thats a load of crap my 2.5 exhaust came rusted in the box, crappy welds and didn't fit right and his costumer service is crap.

the cars been in the USA for 26 years there aren't that many fresh idea's left that someone else hasn't thought about.

i respect you but untell you show the stolen idea's, copy rights, and parts i dont respect your rant on this.

I'm sorry, but there's only soo many ways to remake a part. Most of the time, its going to come out looking similiar to the others, when its for one particular model vehicle. Good for the guy who can make it cheaper, and stand by his part. That's what everybody is going to want to buy. There's no reason why the original vendor couldn't do it any cheaper....besides taking a cut in profits. Everybody's out to make a buck, but if the new guy can make the customer happy, he is the one who will be bringing home the money at the end of the day.